Plagiarism Check - Best way

Deepika
Deepika
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Hello All,

What is the best way to check our Content for plagiarism? Though we write our own thoughts and ideas, few words exists in Google. For example, He took a sip and so on.,.

I always wish to be unique and use the below one to check for my plagiarism.

http://smallseotools.com/plagiarism-checker/

But to my disappointment, it always shows less than 100% unique content and so on. Though we write on our own, never got 100% unique content result. When I scrutinize, I realized that those words are completely different. Still it appears in search. 

1. What would you do to check your plagiarism?
  2. Any suggestions to achieve 100% unique content result?

Edited 9 years ago
Reason: Edited the topic for better visibility
Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I doubt if one can achieve 100% unique content. And does it matter if we use a phrase like 'He took a sip...' which many others have already used? Innocent I don't feel that such things make your content non-unique. 

Deepika
from Bangalore
9 years ago

when someone checks for the plagiarism and if the results show less than 80% due to the above phrase.. it doesnot sound good right?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Who is going to check? Tongue out

Deepika
from Bangalore
9 years ago

I randomly check my article before I submit Money mouth 

Tanishq
Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I checked out this tool. Don't go for this, its utter rubbish. It just picks out sentences from your submitted text and searches them on google. You can do that yourself too, no need of a checker.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

You can do that yourself too, no need of a checker.

It automates the task. Money mouth

Deepika
from Bangalore
9 years ago

oh... then do suggest some plagiarism checker... how to indiblogger checks it? 

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I entered one of my posts in it and it showed 0% original - as it found that text on my blog :P

That tool would have been a bit useful if it had the option to exclude certain URL's Undecided

Deepika
from Bangalore
9 years ago

yes.. of course it will :) it will be useful only before you post 

Mayank Jain
Mayank Jain
from Mumbai
9 years ago

1- smallseotools.com plagiarism checker is one of the best checkers out there. It checks every sentence. But it takes a long time to check and the way search engine detects copied content is different. It's mainly useful for writing some journal or project and make sure none of your work is already published. By none I mean not even a sentence. 

2- many paid tools are great but not worth it. 

As for the free tools I use - duplichecker.com

It allows plagiarism check for around 1000 words (not sure check it out). It also shows the matches found and highlights the content that has been copied. This is really a nifty feature. 

But because it allows only 2 checks for free (without signup), there is a trick to bypass it. 

Download a chrome or mozilla extension which deletes browser cache. Just search for "remove cache"  or "cache eraser". This was you can check your content as many times you want by clearing the cache. 

3- search engine are a lot smarter than we think. As per most webmasters and Internet marketers, uniqueness above 70% should not be a problem really. But coping famous quotes and speeches is fine. 

Apparently, I'd you write something on your own, it'll easily be unique. 

Damn, auto-correct ! 

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

I guess, one ot the best ones is a simple google search. Just select the sentence/excerpt and google for it. Though, here you need to do some work of checking the results yourself.

For textual content there are still ways to check for plagiarism, but it becomes quite hard in the case of images. It becomes quite a cumbersome task when plagiarism involves images.

LockSign in to reply to this thread