Should Voting on Indivine posts be stopped?

Yesterday I noticed a very sad fact. My blog traffic plugin captutered no visits to blog by Indiblogger but there were votes on my post in IB. It simply means our dear fellow bloggers simply voted(promoted) the post without even without even letting the blog page to load; leave alone reading the content. I feel that Indivine votes are simply useless(Sorry, IB). People vote without even reading the post. Most of us would rather like to get just 1 genuine vote rather than 20 fake votes. A comment on the write-up on blog is more precious than anything else. I do not say I write so good(nor I get so many votes) but I have seen some posts with having half-century votes and content was not up to the mark. Many of the bloggers here might be feeling the same. REQEST: People please DO NOT vote until you read the post. To vote is free of charge, but please keep the relevency of voting(promoting).PS: Few reasons for those who get very less votes:1- You are less active on IB.2- You are NOT a GIRL. 3- You do not vote on others post.4- You post your links at the time when many others post their links and your post moves to page 6 from page 1 in just 10 minutes. 5- Your content is really not up to the mark. While you can not change the 2nd point in this birth(with your real identity, of course) you can work hard on other factors. All the best.

Edited 9 years ago
Reason: FORMATTING
Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I wonder if the results would change if the votes are made anonymous. some people vote with the hopes that their backs will be scratched. Now, if its made anonymous- how will one knows- whose back to scratch! :D

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Indivine votes are just fun way of making some people feel they have a massive following... so if it makes them happy, lets accept it. Voting on Indivine is harmless and doesn't infect anyone. :)

No

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Yes, No.

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

It's a known fact that most, if not all people on IndiBlogger use IndiVine as a way of backscratching - I vote for you, you vote for me (courtesy call). You vote for others' posts and you get voted back, you stop voting and you'll lose the votes. Either you accept it and go with the flow, or you stop using IndiVine.Laughing

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
9 years ago

You are right, Cyber. But people should definitely voice out on such threads. Any person offering a product or service will definitely like to know why people are not liking the product or service. If people just stop using without saying anything, it doesn't help the provider. Of course if the people who don't like are in minority, it doesn't matter but if they are in majority, such feedback is definitely valuable. So people can voice their opinion and see if more people agree with them.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Bad TF. You said that you won't waste time on IB for 60 days Foot in mouth

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
9 years ago

See- I have not come on chat. But true - actually ended up spending 30-40 minutes going over the forum.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

i thought tf retired from forum/chat to read poonam uppals book peacefullyTongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

No ND. Tongue out He is writing a novel.

And TF, you have missed a HH. By the way, did you ask me to mail you whenever there is a new HH? Innocent

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
9 years ago

ND - Yeah. Was thinking of reading. But Mr. Passey gave me a different idea for the book - thinking of giving it away as gift to someone. But finding it tough to convince my wife it will be a good gift for one of her friends or relatives.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
9 years ago

No Ranjith - it is fine. Even if you inform me, it will be tough for me to inspire myself to write on those inane topics and then come at the right moment and post. Think I will have to give HH a pass.

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

I think that this back-scratching on indivine isn't doing anyone any good...

LockSign in to reply to this thread