Do you think Indiblogger should start curating content for readers?

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
9 years ago

I was going through the rediff site and was finding the content so sub standard compared to what we find on some of the better blogs. I know lot of my non blogger friends who read stuff on portals like rediff and other similar ones? But I hardly know anyone who reads blogs. Reason could be that there is no way a reader gets to see a set of good articles from different blogs in one place classified by different heads the way it is done in rediff.  

Some may say our Indivine system works similarly. But let us be realistic - . Number one - The top ones coming on home page are seldom the best that a reader wants to read about. Number two - they are not organized in a reader friendly format (classified by topic etc.) like the web portals.  

I would say as of now Indiblogger serves only to connect bloggers to corporates and a platform for bloggers to interact with each other. Bloggers have to use their own resources to get readers for themselves. I am thinking Indiblogger should take the next step and connect the readers to bloggers. It will take effort as they have to employ people to read posts and all. But returns can be there - by increasing clout of bloggers beyond what bloggers can do by themselves, they can show greater value to corporates. Also if Indiblogger has a reader oriented page as well, then there can be direct advertising revenues from Indiblogger home page itself.

I am not sure but I think Huffington Post already does something of this sort.

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I went to rediff to check out what it is Tongue out

Good idea, but I prefer to post my article on my blog/site only Money mouth

But yes, many might be willing to post their article on IndiBlogger. IB can provide an author bio with a link to the blogger's blog and also implement adsense revenue sharing. Laughing

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
9 years ago

I don't mean posting on Indiblogger but Indiblogger just curating the right content for readers. Blogadda does it to an extent. In the home page there are excerpts and then links leading to different blogs. (To reader how does it matter what comes when he clicks a link - whether in same portal or a different page)

My friend left his job and wanted to start something on these lines. He was saying he will give a plug in that will get blog content into his portal and the reader can read the blog from the portal itself etc.- again all he could think of was votes. He has never blogged and came to me as if he got a very bright idea and said - see readers will vote for good content and then the good content will go up etc. But I told him the readers should come and read in the first place and then they should be bothered to vote. Honestly when we read something random on the net do we really care about voting, liking, commenting?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

ok, so doing something like what BlogAdda does but in a better way? Laughing This one also sounds good. Laughing

Now, I am interested in your second paragraph. Money mouth 

He was saying he will give a plug in that will get blog content into his portal 

Something like a wordpress plugin?

the reader can read the blog from the portal itself

So, the portal would be showing your blog posts and the readers read then on the portal and not on your blog? Surprised

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Ranjith - yeah they won't get traffic and SEO. But if IndiBlogger can share revenue with the bloggers, people may not mind. I don't know. My friend had this idea. But overall I did not see much potential in his idea.

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Maybe Indiblogger can have some sort of a system where a potential blogger can gain funds or equipments to expand their website and the content. For example if I was doing videos regularly, maybe indiblogger can have a system where they'll hook me for a sponsorship for stuff- microphones, good cameras, lens, etc. Maybe even all expense paid trip to computex or CES. I am sure Taiwan excellence would like that! I wouldn't need money or vouchers if I had equipments. 

I know this is off-topic, but pre-moderating content is not easy. Besides, we have the report button for each indivine. If we have such sub-standard content, including plagiarism, I am sure indiblogger will handle it on a case-to-case basis. This is how tech forums work. 

I think it's a good idea, but I'm afraid it's difficult to reach a consesus on this

Sherna Jayaraman
Sherna Jayaraman
from Hyderabad
9 years ago

I am game for this idea, it woud be great if this materializes!

Refinements are all welcome.

I think there is some merit to it. Right now from what I can see, IB relies on the IV votes to push blog posts to the forefront. If there was an IB Editor's pick section for every Category that contained a brief description and link to the original blog that may work.

Rather like Wordpresses "FreshlyPressed", though I'm told that your chances of being FreshlyPressed are higher if you take up one of the Premium options....

LockSign in to reply to this thread