Art and Craft Blogging

Angela
Angela
from Kolar
9 years ago

I am a newbie to blogging world and next month my baby blog will be one year old. Over this one year of blogging, I have noticed that Arts & Crafts blogging is not much established in India and there are very less readers for the same. Apart from a very few blogs that concentrate on homedecor and papercrafts, hobby related craft blogs are very less. Neverthless , I have to admit that almost every Indian housewife has a knack for some craft related activity but still there is no take for craft blogs. Is this situation going to change?

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

It's us, people, who need to change the situation. It doesn't change itself, someone has to start the change. You guessed it pretty right, there are just a few readers for such niche. Atleast, I can think that most of the housewives, here, don't have so much time out of their daily chores to take time out and interact with blogs and bloggers. Out there are a couple of magazines which cater to such things, and their sheer volume of cicrulation tells us a lot about how much people like these, but out of the traditional ways, there are less takers. The situation is about to change, but will take time. We still do not have such a great internet penetration throughout the country to get people from all over to participate in. Just keep up the work, don't be demotivated.

Tip: You can look up for and join a few of the many groups out there on the social networking platforms like Tacebook, where you can connect with like minded people, sharing their art and craft, and recognizing and appreciating others' works too. This will get you readers and also more knowledge. All the best. Laughing

Angela
from Kolar
9 years ago

Thankyou @cyberKID for the motivation :) I attempt to share detailed tutorials for crafts and that takes a lot of time to finish off especially with a one year old baby at home. Inspite of that i keep blogging cz when i was in need of making something by myself, i was left with no choice but to admire the beautiful creations made by people abroad with materials not available in India. Thats when i had decided that im going to create a platform where people can find tutorials on how to make things by themselves with materials readily available with us. Yes hopefully things will change soon and people will have more time to think creative :) Yes presently I am interacting a lot with people over social networking sites who are involved in crafts & related activities.

Amit Pattnaik
Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
9 years ago

@Angela, though I do not know about that many craft blogs but I do follow this particular FB group -- https://www.facebook.com/groups/fevicrylhobbyideas/ I think you will love it too. (I hope I don't get arrested by the IndiPolice for having shared this link Laughing but I amn't the owner of this group, I am only a humble 'chota sa, nanha munna' member Tongue out)

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Oh, I forgot to add this page too -- https://www.facebook.com/Sanasinnovision 

Angela
from Kolar
9 years ago

Ha Ha!!! funny :P Btw even I am a memb er of FHI and my facebook feeds are full of their posts only! Actually seeing FHi like communities, i feel like there is no dearth in crafty minded people in India but in reality, they are all withing facebook only and not outside! Blogs seems to be some alien sort of thing to them! But hopefully the situation will change and by that time my blog would grow more n more :) 

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Good luck, Angela Smile my best wishes are with you Laughing 

Angela
from Kolar
9 years ago

Thank you Amit :) 

Shashwath Acharya
Shashwath Acharya
from Mumbai
9 years ago

May be not, that niche is very small and has very less traffic. If you want to establish more on it, You shoud submit posts at squidoo or hubpages.

Angela
from Kolar
9 years ago

Well @shashwath - squidoo & hubpages are totally new terms to me. WIll definitely check and do the necesary. Thanks for the tip :) 

LockSign in to reply to this thread