How do u keep your blog content safe?

Megha
Megha
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Hi Mates, 

Wanna know how you make sure the conten you put out on the blog is safe.

How do you prevent content jammers from copying nad reproducing your stuff? 

Thanks in advance! 

Replies 1 to 10 of 10 Descending
Pooja Gupta
Pooja Gupta
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I safeguard my website from spammers by blocking them in ht access file. However, my blog content can be copied by people and I am not currently thinking of locking it for copy paste. Occasionally I add copyright watermark to my images.

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

The worst part is, you can't do that if you're publishing online, for everyone to see your work, without any restriction.

@Pooja Gupta, disabling right click via javascript can't stop people from copying your contents. It's just about javascript. If I disable it on my browser, your disabling copy-paste, or for that matter, disabling right click, is useless.

Megha
Megha
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Thanks @Pooja Gupta... even ive tried stuff like that but then i also had thoughts on the same track as @CyberKID..... so then how do we be sure that what we post doesnt lose its genuinity. ?

Megha
Megha
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Thanks @Pooja Gupta... even ive tried stuff like that but then i also had thoughts on the same track as @CyberKID..... so then how do we be sure that what we post doesnt lose its genuinity. ?

Pooja Gupta
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I said I am not currently thinking of locking content. What I meant that it does not bother me if somebody actually copies the content. Even if someone copies it and then publish it, they will be doing a copyright infringement as I have published that in my terms of service and privacy policy. Though I am not keeping a track on who is copying or not but if someone copies something and makes a claim to fame, we can always question that.

As a endnote, I am actually not bothered that somebody copies content, a genuine person would not do it as Google will penalise them in search rankings for copied content. However, I am bothered about spammers and bots and have added code to protect from them in htaccess

Himanshu Negi
Himanshu Negi
from Delhi
9 years ago

Hi Megha,

Feel Lucky when content gets copied. When content gets copied you earn traffic, SEO backlink and Good SERP ranking. I am crazy? No! Use TYNT.

TYNT is a free script that you can put on your site and when someone copied your content it adds a link to you site in copied content. You get backlink and some traffic through that link.

Every month my content gets copied and few link are created. Go to tynt.com or just google it! 

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

That's a great piece of Info Himanshu. Thanks for that.

However, if I am copying content from someone's blog, don't you think that I will edit and remove the link from contents? I guess most people do not go on blindly plagiarising contents.

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Now I know how the web link comes when I copy song lyrics at times! [Grin]

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

What do you copy the lyrics for? 

Himanshu Negi
from Delhi
9 years ago

@cyberKid Thanks dude! Nothing works 100% . But I find it useful. @ALL Well try COPYSCAPE.COM from time to time. Enjoy! 

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

No idea absolutely...

Anyway, nowadays I only do photo-blog so my interest revolves around saving my photos. I watermark them but at periphery. If I ever find my photos on someone else's site I'll pat my back and also poke that webmaster's a$$. As of now there have been multiple occasions when my photos were asked by mag editors or researchers and sometimes I gave them and sometimes denied, depending on approach.

Hope to learn some back saving tricks from pro... keeping an eye here... [Cheers]  

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

BTW, I remember to have come across a friend's blog where the content was selection-protected. I mean, you can't even select text part from that blog! I guess such scripts might prove beneficial [Smile]

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Add view-source: to the beginning of the select protected page and you can copy whatever you want. Money mouth

But, yes, it helps in minimizing copying but it also irritates people like me. Tongue out

Judy
Judy
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

Well my experience hasn't been of content chori' but  shameless Idea chori and then reproducing it. Especially it happens during contests. I don't want to demean anybody but many bloggers follow each other's blog but few visit other's blog only to get 'Inspired',  reframe and quickly submit. The best part of it is they get awarded for it equally as you are and you can't do much about it. So I try and submit posts at the last moment. Tongue out How I wish somebody could tell me to block such followers from my blog?

Sweta Biswal
Sweta Biswal
from Bengaluru
9 years ago

Had a very bad experience with this. A website called fullorissa.com used to copy my recipes and recipes pics. So I found out that it was hosted by BigDaddy and complained to them. They were convinced abt the copied content and hence removed the copied stuff from this guy's website. But I could take action only because I found out else :(

Himanshu Negi
from Delhi
9 years ago
Else try COPYSCAPE.COM
Megha
Megha
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Thank you guys for all the responses! 

I will try some of your suggestions. 

LockSign in to reply to this thread