Content and article writing

cmvt
cmvt
from Vishakapatnam
9 years ago

Can any enlightened(not necessary!) blogger please throw some light on how to earn money through freelance content and article writing. How much do a magazine quality article of say 500 words earns?

Though this is not related to blogging, this is something which all bloggers might want to know. Thanks.

Replies 1 to 9 of 9 Descending
cmvt
cmvt
from Vishakapatnam
9 years ago

Lol, good reply. I didn't know tax payer money is being used to harass writers.

Aren't there any bloggers who write articles for money? Please enlighten your fellow bloggers!

cmvt
from Vishakapatnam
9 years ago

Oh, thanks did not know that. 

IB should not have removed our blog names from the blogger's about page. 

Thanks for the offer Vijay Prabhu.

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

The payback depends on reputation.  Once you make a name in the niche you can demand your own payback Wink

cmvt
from Vishakapatnam
9 years ago

Ohh thanks for reply,  but where to initiate first, that's the question.

To get a good job, we need experience. To get experience we need job. Damn you irony!

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

If your english is good you can join me Cool to write for tw

cmvt
from Vishakapatnam
9 years ago

What is tw...

Team writers or some thingMoney mouth

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

tech worm, vijay's blog ...

Amita
Amita
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Freelance writing is one thing I have been trying to venture into. But then, there are so many places on internet, it's almost impossible to differentiate between authentic and fake.

If anyone here is doing it sucesssfully, please drop in some references and links.

cmvt
from Vishakapatnam
9 years ago

+1

Sweety Pateliya
Sweety Pateliya
from Nagpur
9 years ago
I used to get my initial gigs from odesk but that is unbelievably low paying. I used to get $10 for 800+ word article. Not worth the amount of time and energy you waste on it. For a decent work a 500 word article should be paid atleast by anywhere between $25 - $100 depending on the niche. I would suggest contact authors of the blogs with greater PR and companies that use a blog on their websites for marketing.
cmvt
from Vishakapatnam
9 years ago

Thanks sweety Pateliya for these useful tips Smile

I would any day take that $10 for 800 words deal though!

Sweety Pateliya
Sweety Pateliya
from Nagpur
9 years ago
For a starter $10 does seem a decent amount to start with and it is good as it does gives you some experience but at some point you realise your worth and opt out of it. Even if it means waiting with no jobs at hand. Where I have landed right now;)
Amita
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Thanks Sweety... I had a look at odesk and it looks good enough for start-ups...

cmvt
from Vishakapatnam
9 years ago

Ohh that's great

I think it really depends upon the resources-time and energy that we have to expend to write it

Sweety Pateliya
Sweety Pateliya
from Nagpur
9 years ago
Me neither!! I tried figuring it out but got a headache!
HR
HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

:-/

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I wish moderators had option to delete individual posts. This thread is highjacked by Neena unnecessarily, and that's wrong. I don't know what her problem is but whatever the case should rather create a separate rather than being a douche and hijacking discussions on the forum. 

Now before you start with one of those "you're rude" comments the way people like you like to throw around in situations like this, you're obnoxious. You highjacked and spammed many people's thread- not just this. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU???? Create your own thread and post it there. Be happy in your own world, don't throw crap in others. 

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

I don't find some of the comments, esp. from Neena K having any relevance with the current thread title (thread hijacking). I guess it's time for the mods to step in. Mods, anyone, will you kindly bother checking out?

cmvt
from Vishakapatnam
9 years ago

+1

LockSign in to reply to this thread