Indispire and the fallacy of Intellectual topics

Arijit
Arijit
from Mumbai
9 years ago

The indispire has crossed 52 editions (1yr) and by going through the feedback 1 notices that it is fairly popular among indibloggers. Even I look forward to participating in the same.

IndiSpire was made to aid in the pursuit of intellectual happiness. However in recent weeks, one notices that topics are becoming too emotional and mushy...

#Darkesthourbeforedawn

#tears (this week)

#Solitude

#Soulmates

#movies

Can we not discuss topics related to literature economy, business, politics?? Iunderstand there is a voting system that ensures the topic but moderators should also ensure that topics revolve under a variety of subjects. The above mentioned topics have generated some good posts but to ensure a more wider recception of thoughts should focus on diversity of ideas..

Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending
Tanishq
Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Hi, for your understanding - the topics are voted and not just chosen by a random individual. People vote for the topic they like, and we certainly can't help if more number of people like the topics related to abstract things. :)

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

I guess there will be cases where people promote a topic in their own private group to get votes. Such cases must surely be existing... though what Tanishq says is absolutely correct.

You are free to submit topics that you find worthy... and then keep your fingers crossed. Who knows, people just come in and vote it in.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Why don't you initiate create intellectual waves by submitting ideas related to business and economy? 

I don't find any business and economy topics in the past few indispire ideas suggestions...

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

R, you used the word Intellectual :O

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

TS :-/

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

You hated that word n?  :P ReRemember, "Mushy, Mushy" tweet :P

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

You called? 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

TS Yes. I remember. But I didn't say that I'll write on intellectual topics Tongue out

sorc no :|

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Ranjith, the forum creator and the tweeter is the same person, I checked! :P

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

I guess intellectual things need a bit of research for the facts to write a factually correct blogpost. That's something not everyone is fond of. I guess, people like to choose ideas that give them openness to write on emotions than facts.

And as it has been already pointed out, the topics chosen for a particular week are on the basis of random votes.

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

A short one dedicated to this thread... :)

I 'notices'

That topics

On 'The Indispire'

Are 'emotional & mushy'

Not 'intellectually' pushy

So let the topics 'revolve'

To resolve

This issue.

Preeti Chauhan
Preeti Chauhan
from Delhi
9 years ago

Who said politics and literature cannot have tears, soulmates or solitude woven into them .That will need clever writing though .Anyways you can always write what you want to write on your blog.Indispire only gets to choose a common topic upon which interested bloggers can write .So there does not seem to be a conflict to me.

+1 On your last 3 sentences Laughing

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

Anyways you can always write what you want to write on your blog.

+infinity

Intellectual? Define, please.Is it good grammar? Erudite and thoughtful debate? Some of the posts on the premarital sex thing were quite thoughtful ( like mine for instance Wink )  Why does intellectual always have to do with business, politics and religion? Frankly politics and religion are topics I find crutches for people to propagate their hate. Very little debate happens on these topics and there wil never be any converts due to the any of the posts.

If the Indispire posts are voted on by the publeek and the OP does not like the types of topics, isn't it upto the OP to post his owne ideas and get his people to vote them to the top? Isn't that what everyone does?

LockSign in to reply to this thread