How many consider Twitter twits as "blogging"

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

OoOoOoOooOoOo...

So there's this word called "Micro-blogging" where apparently many twitter people call themselves as one. I am sure everyone knows that twitter twits (is that what you call it? twits?) has severe character limitation, but some folks out there give it the same respect and acknowledgement as bloggers when it comes to contests, blogging, promo content(?). Some bloggers said they feel insulted when they are invited for an event, but sponsors/brands invited 'micro-bloggers' too. 

I think it's a lol. But would you call twitter twits as "Micro-Blogging"- or anything with the "blog" word??? If so, should Indiblogger include twitter twits in profiles as well? Technically if you think about it- if you add twitter, you should be able to add instagram..

Edited 9 years ago
Reason: RAWR, RANJITH!!!! RAWR!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!1 I KNOW YOU WANT TO DO IT!!! DO IT!! DO IT NAO!!!!111
Replies 1 to 9 of 9 Descending
CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Though, I personally can't relate tweets to blogposts and twittering to blogging, but since the world considers it "micro-blogging", I won't go ahead fighting it.:P

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

THEY ARE TWEETS NOT TWITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 77777777777777777777

Shivam Ralli
from Ghaziabad
9 years ago

Why are you making 7 look like an evil number? :-?And btw, no one cares whether he said it as twits or tweets, you understood the meaning na. Big Deal. Though, this is what i like in this :)):)):)) =http://prntscr.com/664tzy

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Tongue out

What is it that ts/you want me to do? :-?:-?:-?

Shivam Ralli
from Ghaziabad
9 years ago

Give the software Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

take it: http://www.putty.org/

I'm sure you have heard of the name Ramesh Srivatsan, who is popular only because of his twitter activity, and recently he has been invited to give a speech in IIT Chennai.

He is, of course, as popular, as any blogger without having a blog. So, there are some people who cracked twitter, and the companies have to tag them somehow to get them into their marketing campaigns, and "micro-blogging" doesn't seem to be a bad tag.

Snazzyawi
Snazzyawi
from Mumbai
9 years ago

no clue on this , but I am active on twitter ....like it if someone relate me through micro-blogging as well .

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

The cake is a lie Sorc Undecided

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
9 years ago

I think the term micro-blogging for tweets is an insult to blogging. Yell

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

yeah- no tiny business here. 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

yea..they r micro-spammersTongue out

cmvt
cmvt
from Vishakapatnam
9 years ago

Take a look at this...

Mahabharata through tweets

And this became an international news. I mean is it that difficult to tweet the story of epic, more difficult than say writing a 500 word blog post in 1 one day for IB's Happy hour? Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

link: http://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/books/article/1711758/interview-author-who-narrated-indian-epic-mahabharata-2628-tweets Tongue out

cmvt
from Vishakapatnam
9 years ago

Oh thanks for the link Ranjith Smile

Shetty Anirudh
Shetty Anirudh
from Mumbai
9 years ago

nandini...well said!

ya twitter is full of spammers now!

but ya there are some, still trying best to keep Micro blogging alive. Rare species though...

Twitter is the leading cause for job loss.... and 98% of Tweets are meaningless drivel, bad jokes and very poor self promotion.

It ain'ty bloggin' and it sure ain't writin'.

U K
from Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
9 years ago

Tongue out

LockSign in to reply to this thread