Happy Hours FAQs

Tanishq
Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I did search on forum topics and coudn't find one that enables new users to have a knowledge about posting/submitting and a working of HH, so I have decided to create this forum topic where new users can ask their questions about the submissions.

Moreover, I ll be explaning here for the general submission of the Happy Hours contest.

What are Happy Hours?

• Happy Hours are not contests.
  • Happy Hours are campaigns where you write about a topic and you get rewarded within 24 hours or less.
  • Every valid entry for a Happy Hour campaign gets rewarded, as long as there are rewards remaining.
  • Vouchers are dispatched via email during Happy Hours ( 4-6 ) on all days of the week.
  • Each campaign's topic may have specific submission requirements your entry must fulfil to be valid.
  • You can submit a maximum of one entry per campaign.

How to submit my Happy Hour Entry?

• Each Happy hour will have its own "Given Submission Time".For example: image.jpg
  • When the submission timer gets over - There will be a Submit Button on Happy Hour page. Maximum numbers of bloggers are online during that submission time at exact 10 pm(say) and more than 100 entries will be submitted within 1 mins. So make sure you submit at the exact point of submission.image.jpg This will come if you manage to reach their page before threshold submissions are done.
  • But incase you are late, this button will show up.image.jpg
  • Submitting in a Queue does not mean that you will not recieve reward/ neither it means that you will receive reward. It depends on the entries before you - If some of them get rejected, you will get a chance to get your entry modified. (SImilar to Waiting Lists in train travels) 

How to know my submission number?

This is one of the most common questions people ask - Note: There is no method to know your specific postion, or number of submission but you can get a vague idea if you check IndiStatus IMMEDIATELY after you submit your entry.

For example:Screenshot_1.png

When will I get my voucher?

Note: The entries are checked/moderated according to their submission queue. Everyday 4-6, and as the vouchers are dispatched at the same time. So if you have submitted towards the end, you might have to wait for a day or more to get your voucher, depending upon when your entry will get moderated.

♣♣♣

I hope all the queries after this will be resolved. If there are more, kindly post down and they will be answered soon!

Edited 9 years ago
Reason: Title Change
1-20
21-25
Replies 1 to 20 of 25 Descending
Shivam Ralli
Shivam Ralli
from Ghaziabad
9 years ago

Do the mods take a screenshot- so if one wants to edit/change a pic, tab kya hoga? Tongue out

*though it's a nice initiative :) *

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Yes, they take a screen shot. And As mentioned by Renie before in one of the posts I read: they will check for the changes/differences.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

SR You have wp site, right? Check your server logs and see if screenshots are taken. Money mouth

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Surprised I'll shift to wordpress this year. 

Shivam Ralli
from Ghaziabad
9 years ago

blogger. :P So if i change a pic/words will it be rejected?

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Yes most definitely I guess, because what if I submitted a blank post? :P

Shivam Ralli
from Ghaziabad
9 years ago

No no, for making edits. Though even i had the blank post idea once, but what if someone finds an error or gets a notice that their pic is infringing a copyright? Then can they change? Undecided

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

gets a notice that their pic is infringing a copyright

Why do you use copyrighted images? SR baby did a bad thing, bad thing. 

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Mostly in every copyright infringement - they give a particular period of grace to rectify the mistake, so no problem!

Shivam Ralli
from Ghaziabad
9 years ago

I did not infringe, but yestereday forgot to change that scuba diving pic before i submitted- after i did it, i slammed my hand on my forehead and thought, oh no, ye voucher to gaya haath se, then changed it thinking that it might still work. I did not infringe a copyright for blog though i might have done that before Tongue out

Shivam Ralli
from Ghaziabad
9 years ago

So, will it be rejected? You never answered that Undecided

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Lets see, if you get your voucher, we will get the conclusion! :)

Shivam Ralli
from Ghaziabad
9 years ago

Well apparently they give vouchers if one edits Laughing

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Haha so now we know the answer :)

HR
HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Good job dear TS.

But let me know how to submit number 1 Tongue outMoney mouth.

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I don't always submit first :P

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

image.jpg

I think this is wrong image. You won't get that question mark when you are submitting on time Tongue out

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

IndiPolice?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Indipolice??

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Yes, that's just for Reference. I did not remove that img in Inspect element. Anyways, its just to show.

sweta tiwary
sweta tiwary
from bangalore
9 years ago

I am never able to submit in one go. it always shows some page error.

Only after 2-3 tries my entry gets submitted. And that's the reason I get late whenever number of vouchers are only 100.

Can someone give some good tips to resolve this problem. Thanks in Advance :)

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Yes, to refresh is the key and leave it. Don't go on refreshing continuous if you feel your internet is slow, do it a particular time interval. 

Moreover - Try keeping the Post Title, Url and Description ready before submission.

If your internet is really slow - make sure you don't open too many other tabs because speed is then reduced.

sweta tiwary
from bangalore
9 years ago

Thanks Tanishq,

I do try these points, I keep Title, Url and Description ready before submission.

but I have noticed one more thing that the submit now button appears after 30-40 seconds of the submission time. Have you or anyone else also faced this?

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Shweta, I guess, that's because it gets activated according to the IndiBlogger server's time and not as per the times of our computers.

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Good work Tanishq. Now we need to request the IndiTeam to make this thread sticky :D

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Thankyou Cyberkid! 

Yes, I think someone from Indipolice.can do it right? :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

No, only Renie can do it.

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Oh, so he ll read it,  then he might do :)

DS
from Mumbai
9 years ago
@Ranjith, have you seen an IP'S dashboard??
Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

DS, can you do it? :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Yes, I did!

DS
from Mumbai
9 years ago
Then, probably you did not check properly Ranjith!!
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I did.

There is a difference between being able to do it and doing it. If I am am angry on someone, I can bring their site down, (if it is not a blogger/wp.com site) but won't.

Arunima Basu
Arunima Basu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

TS (y) Good job man!

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Thanks a lot Arunima! :)

Rajiv Verma
Rajiv Verma
from Guwahati
9 years ago

In my last post, I changed one small typo after I had submitted!Does that mean, ye vouchers gaye haath se? :( 

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Small typos are perfectly fine! :)

Rajiv Verma
Rajiv Verma
from Guwahati
9 years ago

I hope they are!

I see 166 coupons are left ... when I had submitted... the counter was at 40... fingers crossed!!

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Yes no problem, they ll be fine. 

Remya Sean
Remya Sean
from Chennai/Kerala
9 years ago

I submitted correctly but went to indivine..Im sure it is not my mistake..

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Hi, I did hear that couple of people saying that thing happened. A few of them has messaged Indiblogger, you might do so too. They can revert back on confirmation. But be sure that you submitted on HH page only, Like I mentioned above and not on Indivine page?

Tanishq
Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

HI Renie, if possible, can this thread be made sticky?

Ritu KT
Ritu KT
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Very helpful information in one thread, Tanishq! I am sure it will be really helpful for HH beginners. 

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Thankyou Ritu, I hope so too :)

Nice intitiative. I only would wish server issue be resolved.
Preeti Chauhan
Preeti Chauhan
from Delhi
9 years ago

There has been some change for the better surely .Earlier I had to keep refreshing and my submission would take at least 3 mins now I am able to submit in one go without refreshing under 1 minute .So something has def been upgraded not my internet connection though that remains the same .I am now truely Happy .

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Yes, we have got Indiblogger to thanks (or perhaps many bloggers who stopped trying?), whatever, things have been pretty smooth since last two HH :)

The server problem is actually Internet Problem at the user's end. Earlier I think even Indi was unsure of such response but now they have made some ammends for sure. Now whoever comes across reloading problem (which sometimes includes me too) it is entirely Slow Internet Problem.

Tanishqq, I wonder what happens to those who raise a ticket regarding the HH. Has it ever happened that a rejected entry won something? 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Yes. Few times, the entries were rejected by mistake and after raising a ticket, they got their vouchers.

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Yes, as Ranjith said, it has happened. For example, there were couple of contests where a voucher were increased by 1. 

Snazzyawi
Snazzyawi
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Rennie can only confirm on amendment or any changes on server capacity. I must say I have not seen any improved performance in last 2 HH's except the "Pamper " one .But I agree that slow internet at user end is also one of the reason for page not loading or responding !!

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

yea...its majorly slow internet on user side. for eg...when my net is at whiz phase ( i.e its 3g speed expires and normal speed sets in ), my net is terribly slow and i had lot of problems submitting in almost all hh......but right now its currently at plus phase ( i.e 3g speed ), so i could submit easily. once it goes back to whiz phase again my net would go very slow :s

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Its actually a combination or a better used phase, "Timing" for both the server dislodgement and sending/receiving packet data at your end.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Yes. And it also depends on whether you already have a TCP connection open or a new one needs to be opened. Tongue out

Another question. Dabur HH was reopened after some time. So what happenned to those queued entires, which didn't get any voucher when the voucher stream dried up. Did they get a chance? Or were their entries gone forever? 

If they did get a chance, were their entries auto submitted or did they have to submit again? 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I think they were auto submitted. 

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I think - the entries' shot were re-opened and new 100 entries were chosen. That is, I remember, I observed.

Anyways, Renie can answer it better.

If new entries were chosen then did those who saw their entries waiting in the mod list get any chance? Because one entry per campaign. Accepted Rejected or Waitlisted, doesn't matter. 

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

The waitlisted ones would not have been accepted and hence, there was a chance to re-submit it.

Tanishq
Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Hi Tarun,

I just had some badaams and realized that there were no queued entries for Dabur as there were 400 vouchers, and if there were, they were less than 5 queued entries, in that case they were auto-submitted for the next 100 vouchers.

haha. Thanks badaam boy. Need to eat some myself too. This thread is good. Might as well be made sticky, if it is not already. 

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Hopefully, It doesn't appear in Important yet!

michelle furtado
michelle furtado
from mumbai
9 years ago

HELP!! my indistats show mine as 0 submissions, whereas i did post in time!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Your entry went into indivine -  https://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=445798

contact IndiTeam here - https://www.indiblogger.in/contact/ 

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Did you get your voucher Michelle?

1-20
21-25
LockSign in to reply to this thread