Spammy links opening and redirecting on opening various blogs including mine on

Ritu KT
Ritu KT
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Hi Indibloggers, 

I am facing a problem today that seems a bit weird since everything is working fine on the laptop in both IE and Chrome. But on my phone as well as iPad, some Spammy websites are opening redirecting to each other. I noticed it yesterday while opening my own blog. Then I checked other blogs I usually follow and the same thing kept happening. Assuming my phone to be the culprit, I set my phone to factory default, erased all data and stuff but the problem returned. And now I see it happening in my iPad too. 

Has this happened to you? Any suggestions.

BTW I think there was an FB link that my friend shared which I opened and I started getting this problem.

Replies 1 to 1 of 1 Descending
CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Maybe, this is because of some rogue application that accidentally got installed on your laptop when you clicked on that link, or installed some application. There are many such applications that install spammy apps like ilivid, conduit, babylon and such. Look out for the Installed plugins in your browsers to see if there is any such installed that you didn't do intentionally. There are some applications that show adverts in even websites that don't have any ads. So once should be beware of such applications.

LockSign in to reply to this thread