Travel, photography etc need separate categories?

Vibha Ravi
Vibha Ravi
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Hi Renie,

The lifestyle category currently clubs photography, travel, fashion etc. which I feel are big enough to consider as independent categories.

You would be better placed to decide if IB itself has a big enough population of these blogs to justify doing so, but it would help us showcase our blogs better on IB. So, just a request to take a look and see if it makes sense.

Thanks.

Edited 9 years ago
Reason: making it shorter
Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending

+1

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Both travel and photography do have independent sub-categories... 

Vibha is asking for categories, not sub-categories under Lifestyle.

Vibha Ravi
Vibha Ravi
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Yup, that's right Ajesh. Am talking about categories not sub-categories. I have a feeling there would be a big enough population of blogs under each to justify this. 

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I don't think that is ever going to happen because

• There is no space available for new categories. Tongue out http://prntscr.com/6ch04e
  • There are many other topics which deserve to have an independent category. (For now, I found only one - https://www.indiblogger.in/tagsearch.php?tag=Poetry Tongue out )
  • At least there are sub categories for travel and photography. There are many topics for which we do not even have sub categories. 

Anything people ask, you are ready to say not possible, not gonna happen and throw a few screenshots at them.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

ok, it is possible, it will happen. [no screenshot]

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Please do separate SEO type content to a different category too, away from tech. 

I do not understand why it is not possible? Technically? Sorry, ain't buying that!

If you look at Indistatus: Travel accounts for the largest chunk of categories, followed by India, fashion and photgraphy.......

Vibha Ravi
Vibha Ravi
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Hi Ranjith, Indistatus does show the foll. nos. for trending categories - Travel 32, Photography -15, Fashion - 13 and Poetry - 10.  So, these three categories I'm talking about add up to 60. There are other sub-categories also clubbed under this one 'lifestyle' category so, I'm sure there is room for some distinction here. 

Now, I'm not tech savvy so, cant talk that language. But I would like to believe that where there is a will, there is a way? 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I'm not sure how those trending categories are found. 

Check the titles of the latest 100 posts on IndiVine. There aren't many travel posts. Or am I missing something? #o

Vibha Ravi
Vibha Ravi
from Mumbai
9 years ago

In my opinion, a serious travel post requires much more effort than just putting up one picture. That might be the reason productivity might not be that high - but trending should mean that they are read and re-read much more over a longer period of time (not just one day so as to appear in today's popular posts). 

I think IB would be best placed to check how many travel, photography and fashion blogs are on the platform. I can see a significant number in the blogosphere. Not to take away from other categories, but one category for these three and many more does not seem sufficient to me.

On a side note, has IB now changed the way top posts are shown (over a longer period now vs one day earlier)? 

LockSign in to reply to this thread