IB showing solidarity with oppressed bloggers of other countries

cmvt
cmvt
from Vishakapatnam
9 years ago

The saying 'the pen is mightier than the sword' has never been more truer than in the age of internet. People are using social media and blogging to bring fundamental changes in their lives. In many countries around the world, bloggers are literally changing their world. Recognizing the power of ideas spoken through blogging and micro-blogging, authoritarian regimes in China, Iran, Saudi Arabia etc are clamping down on bloggers and curtailing people's access to internet.

This week, Avijit Roy a blogger fighting against religious nuts in Dhaka was hacked to death. Another blogger Raif Badawi in Saudi Arabia is facing death penalty charges for the same reason. 

Indiblogger.in being the prime platform for all India bloggers, should conduct some activity for all Indian bloggers to speak in one voice against this oppression, show solidaity and pay homage to the sacrifices of people like Avijit Roy. 

My idea: May be IB can put up a banner on the homepage like it had done for #1000speak.

Your's?

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

I totally support this idea. Smile I was thinking about the same that IB should put up a banner and make this a trending topic. 

cmvt
from Vishakapatnam
9 years ago

+1 this would send a powerful message to activist bloggers around the world

Subroto
Subroto
from Brisbane
9 years ago

Great idea.

Jay Neog
Jay Neog
from Golaghat
9 years ago

The idea is great. IB can surely put up a banner. 

And there is also another way to support Badawi. I am adding a link that you can follow and vote for to support him.

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/free_raif_badawi_loc/?copy

cmvt
from Vishakapatnam
9 years ago

Thanks Jay Neog for sharing the link, i hope all my fellow bloggers share Badwai's anguish and support the cause

cmvt
cmvt
from Vishakapatnam
9 years ago

@Renie Sir can we have an indivine for this topic?

cmvt
cmvt
from Vishakapatnam
9 years ago

Thanks for the indivine sir

LockSign in to reply to this thread