Spammers trying to Guest Blog?

Bilna Sandeep
Bilna Sandeep
from Abu Dhabi
9 years ago

I am new to the blogging world. Though I had a blog few years ago and was active here on Indiblogger too, I later moved away from blogging. After a 4 year break I decided to take up blogging and started a new blog. Lots of things have changed and I am a newbie now :)

Coming to the topic, I have a write for us page in my blog and I am looking for genuine articles. But I have been getting emails from random people offering their articles. They don't own a blog. First one was a lady from UK asking if she could write a parenting article for me and I was OK. She sent me a genuine article and I checked my best online and it was not palagarized. However, except her Google profile she did not give me any of her social profiles and I couldn't verify her identity. All she wanted was a link back to the cleaning company she was working at. And her Google plus profile had no friends!!!

Later on I have been getting many such requests. Latest I got was a fashion and beauty article from a lady claiming to be blogger at a Pakistan Beauty Blog. But I couldn't find any of her articles there. So I asked her links to her social media profiles and links to her previous articles, she seemed to be pissed off. All she gave me was a twitter profile with 6 followers!!

What could be the motive of these people?? Any one experienced similar issues???

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Getting a backlink is the only motive. These are not spam but well thought out articles by agencies who do seo for third parties. 

Write Guidelines for submissions and don't give direct submission links.

Katie
Katie
from chennai
9 years ago

Yes absolutely. They are fake profiles created to drive traffic. Many times we get comments irrelevant to the article saying they will bookmark etc. And it will have a link. Social profiles need not be a necessary indicator, but  inks to their already published work should be there if you want genuine guest blogging.

Bilna Sandeep
from Abu Dhabi
9 years ago

Both of them failed to the links of any of their published works online. I have kept strict guidelines for posting in my write for us page! I still do get such mails every now and then. I am tempted to remove that page and individually request bloggers and other writers I know once in a while for a guest post instead of the write for us page!!

Mohit
Mohit
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I also keep getting some requests. People just want links. Try to tell them that you don't give links for free or you totally avoid them...Blogging is a business and you'll come across different type of people.

Bilna Sandeep
Bilna Sandeep
from Abu Dhabi
9 years ago

Thank you all for the clarification :) Just learning the stuffs now :)

LockSign in to reply to this thread