Somebody is publishing my posts as his own

Nikhil
Nikhil
from Pune
9 years ago

Hey guys,

I have an education niche blog on which I keep on posting tips for students and other updates. I was off from blogging for long time and just started to blog again from last week. However, I found that a person is copying my posts word to word and publising on his own blog. You can check the proof by comparing my blog punecampus-dot-com and freejobalertz-dot-com, naukari123-dot-com and theexamtimes-dot-com. Those guys are copying each and every word from by blog posts and publishing it as their own.

Also I doubt that it is happenig due to my blog has got hacked. If it is then please help me out to deal with all this. If it isn't hacked then please suggest what should I do next.

Edited 9 years ago
Reason: posted in wrong category
Replies 1 to 14 of 14 Descending
Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Nikhil you can file a DMCA takedown notice http://www.dmca.com/FAQ/What-is-a-DMCA-Takedown for the plagarists also you can find out their host from Whois and write an email to the hosts about the same.

But with payment of DMCA fees it is pretty difficult to take down the posts.Undecided

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Why not confront these people and ask them to remove your contents from their site? Send them a mail, if they respond and remove the contents, fine, if not, contact their web host and report plagiarism. Web hosts usually are pretty quick in addressing removing plagiarised and copyright infringing issues.

I'm not really sure if DMCA takedown will really help as DMCA is a law of the United States of America, and has no legal boundation in India, and if the servers are in India or any other country except USA, the hosting service provider does not need to act on a DMCA complaint. Maybe, I am wrong, but this is what I found while trying to pursue my matter.Apart from that, you can share links to a couple of your posts and the other posts in question here for members to take a look easily and decide. We all can help you resolve this matter on Social networks, if they are using it.

HR
HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Nikhil, did he/she gave any reference link of your blog in that copied post? If yes, you can leave it (it is upto you, and Google or other search engine will also consider your post as genuine) or else you can request those blogs/bloggers to remove the copied content.

If still didn't remove within few days even after your request, you may then identify the domain source (for e.g. blogspot or xyz.com or wordpress.com/org or yahoo) and file DMCA accordingly (each domain has different links/URLs for filing DMCA). However, make sure content published date differences on search result among them before filing it.

Alaka Yeravadekar
Alaka Yeravadekar
from Pune
9 years ago

Many a times such copy-paste sites copying the content do not provide any way for you to write to them. Comments are barred, there is no email id provided. And anyway they know exactly what they're up to. Another way could be to talk about what is happening on more and more public forums. Name and shame kind of thing.

Nikhil
Nikhil
from Pune
9 years ago

Hey guys, thanks for your advice. @CyberKID I did contact the admin first through comment and then even warned all of them to remove my content from their website through email. However I received no reply. So I filed complain at google apart from that I even reported their adsense account. So far I haven't received any reply from google though, I can see that their adsense ads are no more displaying there.

@Hafeezur, yes there is a link back to my blog, but it is not a reference link. While posting my article, I linked it to other related article on my blog and this dude is not even bothering to change that link or even he is keeping all images same.

@Alaka. You are right, I would give it a try but I doubt it will work. Even after I personally emailed and contacted through contact us page, they are not taking any action.

Currently, I'm afraid to publish any post to my blog as it is getting copied to theirs. However I'm going to dig up deeper and find a concrete solution and surely I'll share it with all of us. But if anyone still has any experience with such situation then please drop your thoughts. Thank you Smile 

As suggested before, you could also consider writing to their web hosts and asking for the plagiarised matter to be taken down.

If they have a Facebook page, you could write there as well, but I doubt anything would come out of it. Plus individual comments posted on Facebook pages are barely visible.

This sucks so much. :( It must be so annoying to have someone copy ALL your content, word by word! It's astonishing how some people have absolutely no ethics or scruples holding them back. Good luck.

Someone is Special
Someone is Special
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Original posted on April 03, 2015: http://punecampus.com/10-ultimate-bucket-list-things-for-a-college-student.html

Same posted on April 03, 2015: http://freejobalertz.com/10-ultimate-bucket-list-things-for-a-college-student/

Deepika
from Bangalore
9 years ago

omg!! will they copy bucket list too !? Yell

Nikhil
Nikhil
from Pune
9 years ago

Laughing Yeah, the guy is not even bothering to change the links in the post.. These links are to my posts. I can't believe this!!

Anjali Sengar
Anjali Sengar
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

Hi Nikhil, I am author by profession, I know how much it sucks.. We work hard & some body enjoys result. Shame on these kind of people.

Nikhil
Nikhil
from Pune
9 years ago

Hi Anjali, Yes it is very much frustrating thing. Even after me mailing these webmasters to take down content, they haven't taken any action for it. I'm even not publishing my articles as everything I write, is getting copied over there. 

Gargi Akolkar
Gargi Akolkar
from Vadodara
8 years ago
Hi Nikhil, Have you tried reseting your password for your blog if it has one? Try the option 'lost my password' or forgot my password' and reset your password. Also reset your password for your email which is connected to your blog. If you are able to reset your password, this time keep a password strong...Alphanumeric with at least 1 special character and caps letter and if possible do not save your password in your PC or laptop.
Nikhil
Nikhil
from Pune
8 years ago

Hello Gargi,

Thanks for your suggestion. I've really strong password for my blog, which can't be recited. However I will consider resetting once more. I hope the article copying stops with that. However, I find it highly unlikely that my password could be cracked. I've suspended the list of subscribers for that reason, maybe one of them is getting quick updates that's why these articles are getting copied there so much quickly. Thanks again, I will be sharing the solution with you all as soon as I find it.

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

You ought to know that one doesn't need access to your site to extract content. He can always copy-paste the content for the public view site. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
8 years ago

I've suspended the list of subscribers for that reason

That's something you shouldn't be doing. People can still subscribe to your rss feed.

Anoop Bhandari
Anoop Bhandari
from Chandigarh
8 years ago

Its just the matter of the fact that you need to get the issue noticed to the Web Hosts and they will clear down the issue within 24 hours but before that just send the mail to the blog owner about the copyrighted content and if they don't take necessary action then go for the Web Hosts option.

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

You think that's bad? Asus India ripped off someone's video review and posted as if it's their own:To be fair, it must be some employee's funny business. But problems are everywhere. They have some zenfone2 video reviews posted there. but the problem is universal. 

2dyGPEu.png

LockSign in to reply to this thread