I would like a guest post for my 400th post

Micky Fernandez
Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
8 years ago

There seems to be ambiguity and contradictions regarding whether or not guest blogging is beneficial. However, I hope that someone will still want to write a post which I will use as my 400th post (which I expect to be published by the end of May). I asked a fellow blogger to write a post for my 300th post, and I then decided that I should do this for my centenary posts.

As I see it, there are a few topics for such a post at my blog:

1) An Expat's Guide to [your city] modeled after my recent An Expat's Guide to Singapore. However, if you live in Mumbai, Hyderabad or Kolkata then please do not do this.

2) A Resident's Guide to [your city] in which you describe your city. I envision that this ought to be modeled after WikiTravel, but more in-depth.

3) Any other topic that you feel passionate about. However, it would be nice if it could fit nicely in my "labels" or categories (located at the top of the auto-hide tab at my blog.

As a blogger, I am too poor to offer anything in terms of payment (although I still have an unused Airbnb voucher, which does expire soon). Of course, you are free to promote your own blog, website, or favourite cause.

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending

The second topic also should exclude Mumbai, Hyderabad or Kolkata?

Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
8 years ago

No; the second topic can include those cities. If you live in Kolkata then it might be redundant as I also reside in Kolkata. On the other hand, having a different perspective of Kolkata could be nice.

However, in seeing your profile, I see that you are in Hyderabad. Feel free to describe your city if you wish to write the post.

Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
8 years ago

Are you still considering or interested in writing a post (of your choosing, but compatible with the theme or labels of my blog) as the 400th post of my blog? I am asking because I have published my 396th post, and it is getting closer and closer to the 400th post.

If you are still interested then I shall rest assured. If you are not then I shall have to look elsewhere, or perhaps not have a post devoted to that topic. Perhaps you will be more interested in writing my 500th post? (Although that could be well over a year from now.)

I can write one on Mississauga, Canada.... ( or Buffalo, NY ). I can't promise it will be modeled after anything but my own weird style. But you wouldn't want it any other way, would you?

Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
8 years ago

Yes, I think(?) that I would like that. (On the other hand, I have some trepidation.) As I see it, you have two options in writing about Mississauga (my preference):

1. If you write it as an Expat's Guide, then I hope that there could be some resemblance to my other Expat's Guide to [Place] such as that of Singapore, published in March of this year. It contains the factors that I feel Expats appreciate, the most important of which is visa policy (in this regard, long-term visas to Canada). I would like that because it would show some consistency. On the other hand, perhaps this may not be so important. I am considering writing an Expat's Guide to Kolkata and to Moscow in the near future, but I do not know how much more I will write. (Of course, most of them were inspired by IndiBlogger contests so I guess that the answer is dependent upon IB.)
  2. You may prefer writing a Visitor's Guide to Mississauga. I have been considering writing a Visitor's Guide to Kolkata--written using the WikiTravel format as a template. However, I am hoping that an opportunity will arise so that such a post can be more relevant. If you write such a Visitor's Guide to Mississauga then you are free to write it in any way that you think will inform, educate and possibly entertain those who are considering going there.

In both or any case, I hope that you will provide some information about Stefan Molyneux (and through a search at my blog) who is my guru and is your fellow resident.

Do provide links to not only SloWord but also LeggieLefty. I was extremely intrigued by the title. I am a natural left-handed person. As such, I am always looking for other lefties in India. However, it is extremely difficult to find them, perhaps because of the superstitions against us in India. I look for people writing in India, but no one writes. Everyone is a merchant in which hand-specialization is not required. I look for people wearing watches (left-handed people wear them on their right wrists) but in this age of timepieces on smartphones, no one wears watches.

I expect that the 400th post will be written sometime this month (I have several posts in the pipeline that i am feverishly working on) or early next month.

Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
8 years ago

P.S. Some bloggers have preferences in the transmission of the blog post. My personal preference is Google Docs, but you can use MS docx, email, or a message to my Google+ account--whichever is easiest and best for you.

Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
8 years ago

Things (by various methods) have been going more quickly that I had thought earlier. I have now published my 398th post, and now seen this IB contest which I will most likely enter as I have already decided on a theme for a post.

Thus, my 400th post will most likely be ready to be published in about a week. If you are still interested in writing it as a guest post, but need more time, then please tell me.

If you no longer want to write about Mississauga, or any other articles for this 400th anniversary, then please tell me so that I can proceed with publishing a standard post. I will be the loser, but I cannot force you or anyone to write a guest post, even one that will be my 400th post (which I think of as being an accomplishment given the usual lengths of my blogs).

ok - I'll write one in the next couple of days and send it to you.

Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
8 years ago

I have just now published my 400th post. However, if you send me what you have written before I publish another post (perhaps in another week--give or take a few days) then I can "unpublish" (send it to draft) the 400th post and then replace it with your guest post.

In either case, please keep me informed.

Micky - I'm sorry I goofed up. I had a few things that cropped up and your posting frequency also took me by surprise a bit. Anyway, since we've missed it, don't unpublish anything.

I'll write you another piece to make up for it. Do you want a Kolkata in the roaring 90s post?

Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
8 years ago

That sounds like a very good topic. I visited Calcutta (as it was called then) three or four times in the 1990s and have fond memories of the Globe, Lighthouse, Metro, New Empire and other cinema halls. However: 1) The Globe closed down about 15 years ago. For awhile, nothing happened (which is not surprising since nothing ever happens in this city--just witness the Kolkata cops--and this was especially heightened when the Communists were in power). It was in this cinema hall that I watched my first film in Calcutta: "Ace Ventura, Pet Detective" starring Jim Carrey. Now, they have remodeled the entire building and, I believe, there is a multiplex there (or will be completed soon). I do know that the old "Globe" sign is still at the entrance. 2) The Lighthouse closed shortly afterwards, became a Citi Mart, but even that closed about a month ago because there was an enormous fire there 2 or 3 days after the first Nepal earthquake (but they are know on Jawaharlal Nehru Road--formerly Chowringhee) 3) The Metro closed recently, and I believe that it will be converted to a multiplex. 4) The New Empire is still open, and still offers both English and Hindi films. I do try to incorporate these memories and ideas into my blog whenever possible. However, Kolkata/Calcutta was still a mystery to me then (and perhaps still is) so my memories are not complete and extensive. In short, I do welcome such a post from you who would have a better understanding of the city than I have

Micky Fernandez
Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
8 years ago

crtsrtcvrtetvca rtjckr

Anks
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Are you still looking for guest bloggers?

Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
8 years ago

Not at this time, and I do not actively look for guest bloggers. However, I do want guest bloggers for my centenary posts. My 400th post has come and gone, but I would like a guest blogger for my 500th post. At my pace, I do not expect that to be before a year from now, and it could be a few months after that. Would you still be interested?

Anks
Anks
from Mumbai
8 years ago

sure... you know where to find me!

LockSign in to reply to this thread