Problem with Google Indexing

Hello,

I am facing a problem with Google Webmaster tools. It seems the indexed number of URLs are steadily dropping since March 28.

Check the screenshot..

Capture.jpg

I have not done any changes which should be effecting this like,

• Same Server running same setup (Didn't touch OS or any other software)
  • No Theme or adding or new plug in (I am running Wordpress)
  • No change in any DNS table entry

I have not noticed any change in my traffic either but I am worried since why the indexing is dropping ??

I have searched the entire dashboard of Web Master tools and didn't find any error or any message what's so ever, so totally clueless at this time.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this issue ?

Thanks,

Hunky..

Replies 1 to 9 of 9 Descending
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

First try to find out which pages have been de-indexed by searching for each post's first para on google. As you have only 141 pages, it wouldn't take more than 1-2 hours. After you get the list of all the pages that have been de-indexed, analyse them to find the similarities between those posts.

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

They all seems to be in Search Page.. Frown

Katie
Katie
from chennai
9 years ago

Ranjith, one clarification. I am on a wordpress.com blog. I changed to custom domain last week. Hosting remains the same. Just a redirection from chennaifocus.wordpress.com to chennaifocus.in

What do you think will be my impact?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

The traffic you get from Google may drop for a few weeks but it will soon return to normal levels.

Katie
Katie
from chennai
9 years ago

Thanks <Name_Not_Found>

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Hunky become a member of WMT India and post this query there. The mod is Ashish Kalsi who works for Google Search. He may help you out on this one https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117770100248014494227?cfem=1

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Did that and now in wait for any reply..

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Update here once you get any reply Smile

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

I would, and if you know that person, please ping him to look into this Innocent

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Just one reply came, similar like Rajni said, but that I have already done !! It seems the URLs are visible in Google Search when searched using data from post Cry

HR
HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

SEO ka zyada kamaal nahi karo...write and post naturally / normally without stuffing SEO tricks.

SEO expert ke blog sabb down hogaye Cool. Google is very clever.

Abhishek
from Allahabad
9 years ago

Then perhaps you are living in your own world. SEO is not dead. Your "write and post naturally / normally" won't work if you don't follow the suggested SEO basics.

Google is clever to change its algorithm and a clever blogger should change its SEO strategy, not leaving out SEO altogether.

HR
HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago
SEO is not dead - follow the suggested SEO basics.

SEO was not born at all when Google or other search engines implemented, SEO was just created to attract / divert toward these search tools just to get organic traffic whether webpage has potential content or not. Yes, basic SEO has no issue.

a clever blogger should change its SEO strategy, not leaving out SEO altogether.

It will take time to learn and know the latest Google SEO strategies for bloggers, and even if they learned a bit then it won't work again for a long haul due to Google will change its algorithm sooner Cool.

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Get a basic point,

Google works by taking your data and presenting it to user..

If Google doesn't allow web masters the ability to structure their data and inform Google bots about it properly, Google Search will starts to display things what users didn't work and Google will be out of business !!

SEO is nothing for best practice to build your website and present it to Search engine so that it can be indexed and shown to right audience !! Both party here is important as without our data, google is dead, and without we feeding the data to google, we are dead (in terms of traffic)..

SEO is really imortant, by SEO I mean only the best practice policy as laid by Google it self..

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Well, well, well - you come to point now. SEO is important if it is use naturally on the content without any tricks where visitors used to hate on landing and return immediately from the webpage. There were many bloggers or experts uses SEO technique just to grab the attention of the search engine without quality content or useful information on the post (to get traffic only). Thus, search engine updates always happen and will happen. SEO tricks doesn't always work but 'content is King' ever.

SEO is just a part of Search algo and it is not overall Algorithms. Search algo has few hundred steps just to filter the contents of the blog to give the best search result. However, the main purpose of these updates just because of the visitors shall get the 'accurate' information per 'keyword input' and not the irrelvant info on webpage along with SEO tricks.

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

And of the main requirement is to be indexed and there is my main problem since for some reason, its flactuating !!

At the time of writing the post, it has now climbed few steps, but still far from showing 100% indexed like March !!

Capture.jpg

I am still clueless as what is going on Cry

kanuj sharma
kanuj sharma
from Mumbai
9 years ago

It is comman i also have the same thing it is never 100% some post/pages are shown as submitted but not indexed..

kanuj sharma
kanuj sharma
from Mumbai
9 years ago

It is comman i also have the same thing it is never 100% some post pages are shown as submitted but not indexed..

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Through out past 5 years of running this website, I have maintained an 100% indexing at Google for all the time.. but since the problem has started, its fluctuating like hell..

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

The number of indexed pages for my java site also dropped a lot from 53/53 to 38/53 Surprised

KuNDusv.png

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

I am sure you have figured it out with those advises you have previously written here, please do share as which advise fixed the issue for you Innocent

Mine is still on that roller coaster ride, going up and down randomly !!

Is it just random co-incident or your websites date of effect is almost the same with mine also ?? Foot in mouth

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I've searched a bit on Google. I found a few threads related to this issue. It looks like some issue with GWT and nothing to worry about. :D

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Is it just personal satisfaction or there is something cooking ??

Mind you, it was about that time (few weeks back though) since when I started to scale down the usage of Adsense Tongue out..

I wonder if that made Google angry or such Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I don't have adsense. So, it is unlikely that it is related to that. :s

Some sites mentioned about google including mobile friendliness as a parameter. But that shouldn't affect indexing.

LockSign in to reply to this thread