Your thoughts about life in Australia

Viv
Viv
from Sydney
14 years ago

Due to the recent attacks to Indian student community in some parts of Australia I feel the opinion regarding life in AUSTRALIA for many of my Indian have changed.Through this forum I want you to express in your views and make it a positive sharing expereince. 

Replies 1 to 11 of 11 Descending
Amit Desai
Amit Desai
from Mumbai
14 years ago

i have lived in auatralia for 2.5 yrs and thought it was back in 2001 and i was a student then doing my masters and i had a wonderful expereince faced no such act which can be established as rasicm as in there were many cases where Indian students were beaten up by aussies why ? becuase they were being robbed and mugged this happens with students from all walks of life and countries and i have family living there and they tell me that this time around there have been few cases here and there by largely the situation is still harmonious and its certainly not to believed the way our media has put it.

Many a times because of media help the issues gets the required attention and as a result if this was a reality then the students would surely be taken care moving further

Viv
Viv
from Sydney
14 years ago

Beautifully said by Amit,Australia is a nice place to be in and you will learn alot being here.LIfe in Australia is busy but full of fun simultaneously.Media need to be more responsible when putting things accross to Indian in India.Thats why through my forum I would like to find out the misconception Indian people have about Australia.

Whatever thoughts you have whether Postive or Negative please share it

Pardeep
Pardeep
from Panchkula
14 years ago

Life in Australia is awesome.Its a struggle for all of us as our cultural and lifestyle are different from Australian.But once you get into the culture they would love you and consider you a part of it.I have been visitng Australia on and off for business purposes and find alot of struggle in finding genuine accomodation serving Indian needs.Other things like Indian grocery stores,Indian utensils etc..I would say I am used to it but i reckon if Vivek every aspiring Indian would like to have some sort of support in Australia.

Can you help

Viv
Viv
from Sydney
14 years ago

Thanks Pardeep for your feedback Much Appreciated!!

Culture difference are there like saying please,thank you and sorry.

Aussie love beaches and swimming which isnt that common in Indian culture.

Hearing music loudly in public transport is considered rude.

Staring is also considered rude and its recommeded to say Hello Instead.

I am sure through this discussion I will be able to Answer more questions which readers

would have

Viv

leon
leon
from kolkata
14 years ago

i think everywhere in the world is the same..

Viv
Viv
from Sydney
14 years ago

Thank Leon and Babbler...Guys any tips to make life welcoming for any one visiting Australia?

I feel its more to do with lack of support (being alone in foreign world)that we Indians feel Targeted ..

Viv
Viv
from Sydney
14 years ago

I agree with you Babbler....

We as Indians need to understand that Australia is a Multicultural Society.Different cultures reside their like Italian,Greek,Lebanese,English,Chinese etc and Indian society is wide spread too.

All cultures are welcome and appreciated.We learn from each other cultures and become a better person.Its all about the open minded attitude which we should have.

Lastly things which happened to Indians students in Sydney/Melb are really bad and personally I would want the police to take more pro-active reaction.

But Australian on whole are not Racist

Pardeep
Pardeep
from Panchkula
14 years ago

I am still hearing alot about more issues related to Indians students in Australia in SBS and ABC  websites.Are they true??

Viv
Viv
from Sydney
14 years ago

Yes Pardeep there is alot of things happening in Australia regarding international students.Atleast something positive will come out of all the events in the recent past as concern the student community here in Austrlia.Hopefully through this forum we are able to post them soon.

Viv
Viv
from Sydney
14 years ago

A must see for Indian in Australia http://indians.australians.com/

Viv
Viv
from Sydney
14 years ago

Finally, Oz initiates steps to protect Indian

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2009/20090817/main3.htm

LockSign in to reply to this thread