IB of the Month Aug 2009 - Category Selection

Vipul Grover
Vipul Grover
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

Hey guys, last time the discussion for holding of subsequent IB of the Month for the month of May started as soon as that for April got over.

Just half a month left and we'v not started discussing the topic for the month of June!

Till it officially gets started, I thought of generating sum debate on the next month's topic.

UPDATE FROM RENIE:

And the contest is back! Smile Let's decide on a category for August 2009 - yes, we have decided to skip June and July in order to catch up!

Edited 14 years ago
Reason: Update
1-20
21-40 41-43
Replies 1 to 20 of 43 Descending
Karthik DR
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
14 years ago

How about best environment blog, best economy/money  blog. Or may be best recession blog (I mean a blog that best covered recession) , Gaad I'm loosing focus... OK best environment blog I vote.

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Good thing Vipul.

Ok, lets start with a Big Congrats to the owner of the most humors Blog on IndiBlogger. Congrats Reema.

Poetry & Literature sounds good.

Anand ravichandran
Anand ravichandran
from Chennai
14 years ago

Y not general blog .. some times we get lot more stuffs from there ?? ... y not give importance to layout and theme used... one more idea ... how about selecting a blogger whose template matches with the theme of the blog ... this would quantify a blogger .. wat say???

Roshmi Sinha
from Bangalore
14 years ago

General issues sounds good to me... that'll include write ups on the decade after Kargil... hopefully!

Vipul Grover
Vipul Grover
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

I'll change my topic, will go with Parv and Hemal.

Original Literature (self composed poems and self written short stories)

leon
leon
from kolkata
14 years ago

desi blog ?

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Process will start in a week - waiting for the go-ahead from our sponsors!

Vipul Grover
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

yup waiting 4 it:)

Roshmi Sinha
Roshmi Sinha
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Yes! Congrats Reema... on a well deserved win!

How about: History/Mythology/Environmental issues/Sports/General... ???

Roshmi Sinha
Roshmi Sinha
from Bangalore
14 years ago

General issues/topics... that'll include write ups on the decade after Kargil... hopefully! What say... ?!!

Roshmi Sinha
Roshmi Sinha
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Even friendship... considering that "Friendship Day" is just around the corner...

Rahi Vidya
Rahi Vidya
from Delhi
14 years ago
Iwud like to go wid the memoirs issue n also general topics wud work fine wid me. Poetry wud disqualify right now since I have none on my blog
Anil Kant
Anil Kant
from Faridabad
14 years ago

My vote is for

Original Literature (self composed poems and self written short stories).

http://meraapnajahaan.blogspot.com/

Vipul Grover
Vipul Grover
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

Discussion is building up just fineSmile

Roshmi Sinha
Roshmi Sinha
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Still no sign of the contest... Frown

Vipul Grover
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

no contest nd no indirank :(

Roshmi Sinha
Roshmi Sinha
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Hello! Hello! Anybody there... ?????

Echooooooooo!

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
14 years ago

errr .. IndiRank will be updated soon, give us some time .. major revamps, upgrades going on for IndiVine etc .. Renie has been up 24 hrs for the last one week and the last time I called him he didnt remember his name.. He thought he was Optimus Prime from transformers and i recall him calling me Bumble bee :) ..

But knowing Renie .. he will rise up from the dead soon and with a bang :)

Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
14 years ago

In the meanwhile listen to Placebo - For what its worth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-5cyvOdj6o

Chicky Kadambari
from Jaipur
14 years ago

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! :D

Poetry sounds good to me... although it means I won't be able to participate. I can't express myself in such limited words! :p Also, it's very rare that I'm truly able to understand the essence of any poem! Sighhh! But anyways, I'll probably never get to know when the contest starts... I'm so erratic in my visits to indiblogger!

Nevertheless, it will give an opportunity to our budding poets to get to know each other and get some recognition and appreciation from like-minded people. For instance, Parv up there... I feel so guilty at not being able to leave any comments on his poems, even though I read each one of his posts in my Google Reader! :( I'm just not cut out for poetry u see!

We could have original fiction next month perhaps... because fiction writing is also a very specialized area of writing -- one that I really admire a lot 'coz again, it's something that it is still Greek to me! But I really respect bloggers who can write a convincing piece of fiction and carry it through with grace! Perhaps if this topic is chosen, I might at least be able to participate in the voting... but please don't expect me to choose one poem over the other! That's a foreign language to me which I don't understand!

Still vote for these 2 topics -- in 2 different months though.

Cheers!

miss_teerious

Vipul Grover
Vipul Grover
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

lol.. so is renie busy wrking on indivine or watching transformers 2 over n over again Tongue out

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Transformers - only twice. Tongue out IndiVine is coming out super - better than anything else we've done. (Fingers crossed!)

The IndiBlogger of the Month contest will be back in a week, we're making some tweaks to it.

In the meantime though, IndiRank has been updated, and we have IndiRank widgets! Smile Will put up a sticky post for everyone's feedback and abuses!

Vipul Grover
Vipul Grover
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

OMG, wat a time to log inSurprised.. my heart beat has gone up.. IndiRank updated.. though rite now, mine is same..Frown is it tht um stck thr as i wer earlierCry or u still hav 2 update the rank officially on indibloggerUndecided.. my heart beat has shooted up.. wat kind of widget will it b.. where will i display itUndecided.. um blabbering now.. wat has gone 2 my head?Foot in mouth

Mayb i shud go nd watch TransformersTongue out

Vipul Grover
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

Hey 76, a jump of 7 and 72 for my new blog..  now thts gr8Smile

Roshmi Sinha
Roshmi Sinha
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Mine is at 80 now!!! Wow!!! Thats what is called... a great beginning to a whole new week Laughing 

Prasannajeet Pani
Prasannajeet Pani
from Bhubaneswar
14 years ago

Y not technology???

1-20
21-40 41-43
LockSign in to reply to this thread