WordPress Users Please help me ! :-(

Bouvan Jiiva
Bouvan Jiiva
from Puducherry
8 years ago

Hello, I am Bouvan Jiiva. I have recently steped to wordpress platform in selfhosting. I choose a theme called sparkling. 

The problem is, the front page of my blog shows entire post. I think it is difficult for readers to browse my blog.

I want to show recent post with only summary in the front Page of my blog. Please help me to resolve the problem.Cry

Edited 8 years ago
Reason: to insert emotion
Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
Danny
Danny
from Chennai
8 years ago

goto dashboard --> settings  --> reading and select Summary Only for option "For each article in a feed, show"

N.Velmurugan
N.Velmurugan
from tirupur
8 years ago

Dear Bouvan Jiiva

In your Wordpress admin panel

You will find 'Settings' tab

In the 'Settings' tab there is a sub menu 'Reading' set it as 'Summary'

For each article in a feed, show For each article in a feed, show

Full text Summary

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

@Danny, @N. Velmurugan, are you guys sure that this controls the display of post on the homepage and not that of the contents in blog's RSS and Atom feeds?

CK is right. That setting is for feed not homepage.

Tanishq
Tanishq
from Mumbai
8 years ago
Bouvan Jiiva
Bouvan Jiiva
from Puducherry
8 years ago

Hey Thanks, But @CyberKID @N.Velmurugan you idea is used for to set Blog's Rss. I solved my problem from searching google.  I got solution from this link https://wordpress.org/support/topic/make-homepage-posts-only-show-summary .

I placed code in my post in text editor. Cool

Anyway very thanks for your replies.

CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

Great that you found it, and still cared to share here to help others.

In the editor go to the point where you want the summary to end. Then click the icon "insert Read More". Simple as that...

CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

Thanks a lot for that tip sir. I guess there is something more to this, something that has to do with the blog's theme. I never inserted that thing in any of my posts in my wp blog, still the homepage shows summary of the posts with a link to read more.

LockSign in to reply to this thread