chocolate and me

Sritha Bandla
Sritha Bandla
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Don’t you worry , chocolate is my diary , I like chocolates so I named it after my crazy liking for them . What is all about chocolate ?it is the dearest friend of mine, it answered almost everything form it’s wonderful collection of myself . On this note I need to tell how we both met . I think it was one of  the sunday evenings in the month of may , the most wonderful time ! I used to have a habit when I was 12, to walk around the streets , have fun with trees and dogs near my house. That evening I finished my snack and seeing that it was already 5:44pm , I hurried ! stuffed my mouth with the remaining bread pieces and started to run ,because I made a promise to someone that I would come there by 6 pm that evening and it was literally impossible to get there by that very time as I had to run for at least 3 kilometres to reach that spot . I tried my best and put all my running skills into the track and ran as fast as I can , but unfortunately or fortunately that someone left before I reached , and to make sure that she waited for me left a book { chocolate}. I was disappointed, you know how It feels when someone was you’re best friend and she suddenly leaves you goes to another country and writes a letter to you that she never going to come back’

And it was only that morning did I get a letter from her after a long gap of 3 years , it means a lot to me . I opened the letter with fear at the same time with overwhelming happiness , my fear is , not to listen a bad news , and happiness for , at last she made It to me . I read it with atmost care , keeping in mind that I should not miss a single word . To my eagerness , I learned that she wants me to meet at the same old spot, “many’s ground “, where we both used to play after school. I have been waiting all the day long for 6 pm , after I finished my lunch , I thought of a small nap , that is It ! . It spoiled everything , my plan! it was 5;30 when I woke up again , and I knew then only that It was impossible to meet her , having a bleak hope that she could wait for me a little longer , I started to take my snack . And you what happened next..

I took that book she left for me and came home , mom was very angry at the time I got to house , because it was already dinner time and my dad asked for me . In our house dad is the guru I can tell, my mom , my sis and I are ardent followers of his methods. So that day he was a bit angry about my sudden disappearance and returning home at an odd hour . I still managed to pacify my dad and got to my room safely . ” The book ” , which was in my hand was making me feel lighter , I opened it siting on my bed , and began to see what was in it ?

I realised that , when she left me 3 years ago , it was not either of ours fault. Her father knowing that she was in a relation with other boy  sent her to a jail like residential school which she never mentioned in the entire book. To the school’s at most discipline and rules she never wrote to me . She also told in that diary , ” I was never in a relationship with any one and that was a bad prank thrown by some ruffians. I felt like killing those ruffians ! she also mentioned that she is discontinuing her education ,as her father still thinks she loves somebody . At last she wrote ” I am getting married “,please don’t try to find me ever and I will be always crying like this .. “.. That last sentence made ME cry for an hour

I hope I find her soon … she  and I shared very great moments in the past . I don’t want to lose her . But I can do nothing now it’s been 5 years I found chocolate and I filled in my sweet moments along with her’s in it .. so it answers everything.. I live in a hope to find her , and chocolate soon made me feel her presence after that gravely incident , everything  simmered  down{In my head } , now I need to choose my path of career ..

Replies 1 to 1 of 1 Descending
Naam bataa do, khojne kaa koshish karenge.

LockSign in to reply to this thread