What are some of your worst travel memories?

Somnath Verma
Somnath Verma
from Berhampur
8 years ago

Travelling can sometimes go haywire and land you in some difficult situations? What are some of your worst travel experiences?

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Churchgate to Virar in crowded trains during a very hot summer day and none of the fans are working, stuck for a long time at Andheri. 

Parichita
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Getting lost while driving in a village in a city where the only way out is a upill sandy road.

Parichita
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Thank God, I don't have to cover that route.

Somnath Verma
from Berhampur
8 years ago

I just don't even want to imagine what you had to go through! Though trains are a great way to travel, sometimes during summer its unbearable.

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

At least there is some air circulation while travelling in train, though I have to look up to get some breathing space. The worst is probably Bus no 422 from RD National College Bandra to that place after Marol naka on a hot summer. No good air flow. No wind. Bus is already overflown from Juhu police station bus stop, and the smoke, pollution when you move worse than a snail from chakala is bad. Worst part is even if get down at Andheri east station, no rickshaw is willing to go through there.

DS
DS
from Mumbai
8 years ago
Went for a trek with 5 friends.. While returning 2 of us got left behind and lost our way. Had to crawl down as the slope was steep and we reached the bottom after it was dark on the other side of the mountain!
Somnath Verma
from Berhampur
8 years ago

I myself like to trek and i know how dangerous mountains can be. Glad you guys made it out safely. :)

Somnath Verma
Somnath Verma
from Berhampur
8 years ago

Mine was when i was in Kolkata this summer and a small riot broke out near MG Road metro. My friends and I had just come out and people started shouting and running. It was my first time witnessing something like this and obviously i was scared. We were took in by a lady who ran a lodge and she locked the grills. After 20 mins when things cooled down we went out. 

Saved, thanks to the lady. Kolkata or anywhere geting stuck in rioting mob is really a nighmare.
Though i have many, one was when i was in america some years back with my son and bought a second hand bicycle for 10 $. I wanted to stroll the town bloomington on bike in the pleasant evening. So left my son at hotel and ventured in to the town one bike keeping the landmark of cvs farmacy. I roamed around, enjoying biking and not knowing that cvs farmacy are many, i took a wrong turn and reached a jungle area with noone in sight to guide me and it became dark with no light on my second hand bike. I knew my son would be worried by the delay. I kept calm and reversed and seeing a sight of an old man near a graveyard was left with no other option but to ask him the way. Luckily he gave the right direction.
Somnath Verma
from Berhampur
8 years ago

What if the old man near the grave were a ghost?? Lol just wondering. :)

Mera lag jaata, but god is great
Agar wo bolta mera mundi leta jaa saath me, pahuch ke kick maar dena , majaak me bhi bolta to mera grave wahi pe khud jaata.

LockSign in to reply to this thread