How To Improve Alexa Rank For New Blog

I Have 6 Month Old Blog N Now My Blog Alex Rank is  4,657,217 it's so Irritating Me Cry Please Help Me How To Improve This Rank 

Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Well, add a tool bar of alexa in your browser and keep your blog open at that.
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Thanks Rio its amazing Reply n Inspire Me Cool

Thanks TF
Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago

lol TF Laughing 

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

I guess Alexa is nothing better than dead. I'd suggest work on trying to improve MozRank. You can only improve your MozRank by working properly on your blog, popularizing it, proper SEO and such things.

Virat Chaudhary
from Deodar, Gujarat
8 years ago

Thanks Sir Smile

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Don't rely on obsolete SEO advice. I don't know why Indiblogger is using Alexa, considering we have something better like google PR ranking, but that's another part of the story.Check out Quantcast. You will require to put a code it assigns on your site's source code but if you think about it, it would obviously be more accurate than Alexa because Alexa just makes things up in thin air. Concentrate more on more average time on site and less bounce rate. You can have high pageviews but they might as well be pissed off readers who leave the site as soon as they land.   

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Sorc the prob is that many still consider Alexa to be a thumb to test the sites popularity. I have been asked my Alexa but never my Quantcast (I have both) Undecided

Virat Chaudhary
from Deodar, Gujarat
8 years ago

Thanks

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
Srikanth Ramakrishnan
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Alexa and Google Pagerank are both relatively outdated methods.

However, if you still want to focus on improving your ranking; here is what you should focus on:

* Incoming links: Make sure that the links don't come from any random pages, but come from relatively reputed places, such as forums or other blogs.

* Incoming traffic: Make sure that there is reasonable traffic. Try StumbleUpon for an interesting post; don't spam SU with every blogpost though.

* Social Media imfluence: Ensure that visibility in social media; including Pinterest and Google Plus is not ignored.

I used these three when I was working with a magazine who were using Wordpress to run their online edition; our rank went from 20,000 to 4,000 [India].

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

People can buy twitter and facebook followers. But if there is a level of interaction between the followers and the page, then that can be taken into account. 

Gurunath
Gurunath
from Hyderabad
8 years ago

I hope twitter also plays a nice role and should not be ignored. Facebook is another thing you should not be leaving behind. I will agree with Srikanth Ramakrishnan for sure. Nice description from you Srikanth. I need to try Stumble Upon though.

HR
HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Just ignore the Alexa rank and don't scratch your head on this (it has big loopholes too). Try to contribute the unique content on your blog understanding the pulses of the visitors search / requirement and concentrate on organic traffic simply to get what you want it Laughing.

By doing this, Alexa or Moz or PR will automatically follow you Tongue out. Do you know why Bank or some Institutes websites gets higher PR and good Alexa even though they least bother or don't care PR / Alexa / Moz at all? It is just because of huge visitors or huge access to their websites in different mode without concerning PR and all.

Few bloggers normally concern on Alexa or PR and so on though their blog has less traffic or average traffic, so, try to improve natural traffic matching its requirement to get success level Cool.

Virat Chaudhary
from Deodar, Gujarat
8 years ago

Thanks HR its amazing Reply n Inspire Me Cool

HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

You are Welcome VC! Laughing (I got little bit confused with similar reply, above Tongue out).

Arunima Shekhar
Arunima Shekhar
from Delhi/NCR
8 years ago

I found  useful post on this @ http://www.startupash.com/why-alexa-ranking-is-important-for-your-website/ and it did help us bring up Alexa rank for Tell-A-Tale from 1M+ (global) 100k+ India to 4lac+ (global) 22k+ (India) within the span of 2 weeks. 

Alexa ranks are very subjective, depending on various external factors such as traffic on competitor websites and relative traffic. Actually Semrush will give you a better picture of where your website ranks globally. 

That said, it is better to concentrate on developing quality traffic to your website. Website ranks become important only if you are involving third party sponsors/investors.

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
Srikanth Ramakrishnan
from Mumbai
8 years ago

I have personally not bothered about Alexa ranking after I left my job. Now, as a freelance blogger, the only reason I care about my site's visibility is so that in future, if I ever need to monetize my site, this would be handy.

LockSign in to reply to this thread