Voting concern

Sunita Sriram
Sunita Sriram
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Whenever I favourite a blog post, I find more than one vote being cast, any idea why this is happening? Most of the occasions, the votes go double and today, it was three and I am not so charitableLaughing

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Please grace my blog as well in that case. I can do with  more votes.

On a serious note,maybe it is the Invdirank thingy - every vote gets extra factor based on Indirank.

Sunita Sriram
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Smart thinking...will do...maybe it will be in higher multiples!

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Thanks for the vote. See my Indi Rank is 55. 15 people had voted before you - 15*1.55 = 23.25 rounded to 23. Now you voted - it becomes 16*1.55= 24.8 rounded to 25. Hope that clarified.

Sunita Sriram
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Thanks TFC for explaining the math behind the voting pattern..no wonder I am seeing bloggers with higher ranks soaring to hundreds in no time!

that's the feature of IndiVine. The IndiVine voting system is integrated with IndiRank, where a vote for a higher ranking blog gets more weightage. For example a blog having an IndiRank of 55. Every vote for posts from this blog will have a value of (1 + .55 = 1.55). Votes are rounded off for display. All fresh entries on IndiVine start at 0 votes, regardless of the IndiRank.SmileSmile

Sunita Sriram
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Vinny...Appreciate your efforts in making people like me follow the intricacies of blogging..

Ramya
Ramya
from Delhi
8 years ago

Thanks Sunita for raising this question... coz untill now I wasnt aware of this and kept wondering why some blogs always seem to be getting higher votes, even though they have average content....or sometimes beloe average content Yell

Sunita Sriram
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Yes Ramya...we are all on the learning curve..

Wow!!!!!!  I had no idea this was the case. So even the votes are tied back into frequency of posts. So if I post 5 posts a day 30 days a month ..... ah, my imagination just boggled over.

Sunita Sriram
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Sloword..I can sense your imagination running riot..now we know how to hit the century markEmbarassed

My issues with this obsession with blogging frequency are well documented and much criticized by everyone. If I were to extrapolate this logic to the world of literature then Harper Lee and Margaret Mitchell would rank way below the pulp fiction writers....

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

I love it when sloword's imagination is rioting, because it makes a lot more sense than other people's sane imagination. 

So u mean SloWord is insane? Tongue out

Such praise! I had no idea I had a fan. Laughing 

Sunita Sriram
Sunita Sriram
from Bangalore
8 years ago

But can it match the magic wizardry of the sorcerer?

No. It cannot match wizardry. But then what can?

LockSign in to reply to this thread