Restructure vs Resistance to Change

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
8 years ago

Is it good to speak up, rake up issues, and want to experiment with change... or is it better to resist change, accept everything as it is, and constantly believe in 'let me live my life in peace and let the future generations struggle with the incompetence we will leave behind'?

Replies 1 to 11 of 11 Descending
No, I believe strongly in good change for the better.
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
8 years ago

You mean change... there is nothing called good change because 'good' comes only after a change has been tested. :)

Ramya
Ramya
from Delhi
8 years ago
Speak up....
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
8 years ago

Anonymously? :)

Ramya
Ramya
from Delhi
8 years ago
Haha... I never meant annonymously at all... It just made more sense in the gangism context...... It doesn't mean always......
Kiran Acharya
Kiran Acharya
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Speak up, rake up issues and experiment with change. I believe we shouldn't accept things just because we want to avoid conflict.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
8 years ago

I suggest you read this Mr. Passey.

http://www.kotterinternational.com/book/our-iceberg-is-melting/

You may find the answers to some of your questions here.

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
8 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion. Will do. :)

Saket Kalikar
Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
8 years ago

In my opinion, anonimity is not such a bad thing. We elect our representatives through secret battot. No? Imagine having an open battot system there?

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
8 years ago

Ah! You mean the representatives who have led the country into global anonymity. Ha! ha!

:)

Ramya
Ramya
from Delhi
8 years ago
@Arvind... Wish there was a like/ promote button for ur above comment

Is India globally anonymous? Really? Undecided

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
8 years ago

Well, we're so full of political antics that some form of popularity is surely there. But what I mean is purely from a fiscal perspective, growth rates, GDP, and all indices that lead to real-time prosperity.

Do you really think we are a prosperous nation?

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
8 years ago

Please try and find out how many people live below the poverty line.

Please scour the net and find out the real state of literacy.

Please understand the difference between the stats that the government communicates and the truth that is far from it all.

Please visit hospital OPDs and talk to people who wait in the long unending queues.

These are just some of the things that the world talks about when they discuss India... but it literally makes us want to disappear and be an anonymous nation.

I used the term you used. How can one assume what you actually mean by the words you have written.

Plus, this discussion will make more sense, if the topic and subsequent comments are clear. Lot of ambiguity here, why beat around the bush.

Saket Kalikar
Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
8 years ago

representatives who have led the country into global anonymity

Smile Smile Yes, and they did it so openly and shamelessly.  

I take it like this....Doing /speaking / acting on something is important. Whether you choose to to do openly or anonymously, depends upon the task, and depends  upon your choice.

Protecting the anonymity of voters during the general elections is good . Allowing people to travel anonymously (without passport) is not.

There is a resaon why the cummandos who carryout anti-terrorist operations are provided with masks.... and they do their job anonymously.Laughing

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
8 years ago

You're also right. :)

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

It's good to speak up if one knows what they're talking about. You can't resist change. The fact that you have to resist change actually points out that you have to change to preserve the old. So, what's up, yo! Disturbance in the force?? 

LockSign in to reply to this thread