Creating your personal brand

Showa
Showa
from Bangalore
14 years ago

I have become a weekly blogger in 2009 - 27 consecutive weekly posts. Having turned serious, I bought the domain salarymantale from blogger (www.salarymantale.com).

It not only allows you to create your own personal brand but also gives you the flexibility of using blogger tools.

I am sure Typepad, Wordpress and other blogging service providers have similar service.

Keep blogging :-)

Jai

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
Hitched Hiker
Hitched Hiker
from Mumbai
14 years ago

In my opinion, today, its not as important to have a custom domain. There are many blog out there that are very popular but still work without custom domains.

It is always a good feeling to own your own url though. I have 5 Laughing

Also, I dont think you would have bought the domain from blogger. Blogger as a service does not sell domains. They would have simply facilitated the purchase by directing you to a seller.

Hitched Hiker
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Your domain registrar would either be eNom or GoDaddy

Showa
Showa
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Hi Hit(e)ched Hiker,

You are correct. I had purchased it through eNOM but through Google. Only thing is that if you buy it from google, it allows you to use Blogger amenities with it.

Disclaimer: I do not own Google shares. However if S Brin or L Page is reading this conversation, I do not mind getting some free shares or money. Smile

Regards,

Showa

Parv Kaushik
from Lucknow, Noida
14 years ago

lolzzzz..... same here!!!

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago
Well, blogging can be a brand and that can be anything. I use my name as the brand and its some times easier to remember. Also what i have done is to add a title for along with my name. I have one domain but to blogs hosted on it. One is Hemal Shah's Indianomics and other is the XHTML Blog. Naming a blog with difficult name sometimes go against building a brand. But at the same time its does not necessarily happen.
leon
leon
from kolkata
14 years ago

johnchow.com and shoemoney.com they are parallel ^^

LockSign in to reply to this thread