Any way we can help the #ChennaiRain victims on behalf of the blogging community

Sneha Sasikumar
Sneha Sasikumar
from New York
8 years ago

Hello Bloggers,

Meanwhile where we are discussing about which zone is the best, is there a way we can help the Chennai Rain affected people in any way?? I think right now as a blogging community that should be our focus, after all we have so many lovely bloggers from chennai. 

Edited 8 years ago
Reason: subject edit
1-20
21-22
Replies 1 to 20 of 22 Descending
Well, deputy cm of bihar tejaswi yadav has donated his first month salary to chennai flood relief. God bless him and Bihar for the immense generosity showered.
Bihar cm has done nice humanitarian job as well , sent 5cr. For relief.
Sneha Sasikumar
Sneha Sasikumar
from New York
8 years ago

I really don't know how to react to it but yeah whatever little people can do to help Chennai folks!! 

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Any genuine website where one can donate?

Amit Pattnaik
Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago

For those of you who are in Bangalore and are looking for ways to send items, I think this tweet of Vidya ma'am might help.. it contains the contact nos. of the volunteers. A team from Bangalore is shuttling to and from Chennai --https://twitter.com/vidyasury/status/672106785281409024

TechChumz
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Instant food , napkins , biscuits , noodles , water packets , blankets , jackets , glucose, milk powder, raincoats, umbrellas, medicine, candles torches mosquito repellants, clothes.

The above items are mentioned in Vidya Sury's tweet

Amit Pattnaik
Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago
Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago
The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

People have been spreading rumours there, and it just makes things worse for everyone, even those who are trying to help. One of the latest ones was something about crocodiles escaping the zoo. Please advise bloggers not to make this into a sensational post like tv news. Please share advisories, like the ones below:

eoULUtz.png

YQ7AaQW.jpg

Amit Pattnaik
Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago

Just now found that Google India has included a small link named Resources for Chennai Flooding on its Chrome browser right at the base of the home page, that contains information about emergency helpline numbers, relief centres etc. 

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Awesome! Some Bounty app is providing free recharge for Chennai victims. Found this link while browsing for shopping deals: http://www.desidime.com/forums/hot-deals-online/topics/free-recharge-for-chennai-flood-victims

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

This is the perfect example of how bloggers can help. They need to be a source for providing proper information to those who have access to the internet connection, along with startups and services who are working through the floods:

https://www.facebook.com/logical.indian/photos/a.430765593719832.1073741828.426895610773497/828536360609418/?type=3

Aagam Shah
Aagam Shah
from Gandhinagar
8 years ago

I am putting just my own view and want to know review of other bloggers also. In the made for great contest let any zone can win but should all the prize money or some amount of it can be donated for the help of people in chennai floods.

This will be a great help from the blogging community

Please tell your reviews bloggers.

I think all discretion of winners, why entanglements of suffocating nature to be presented in the first place. One feels he wants to do something from heart, he does it.
I think all discretion of winners, why entanglements of suffocating nature to be presented in the first place. One feels he wants to do something from heart, he does it.
Then ideas can pour in crores, "tata cancel their goa tour of sixty bloggers snd donate to chennai floods" or Narendra Modi to cancel all his tours for the year and donate all of that, or .... Or ..., but i see all this just futile. It is a national tragedy and all wings are doing their best. Do whatever you can and want to do individually. My batchmate Major S Roy is actively helping ib chennai. As a blogger we should and can rouse awareness.
HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Is it possible that PM can cancel all his tours for this year to donate Chennai people? :| 

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago

The PM did take an aerial survey this morning and has announced an additional immediate relief of Rs 1000 crores 

HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Great! I think it is still not enough Embarassed - anyhow appreciating for his visit, announcement and help Smile

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

I don't think money is an issue there. Getting resources in hand is a problem. Giving money where distributing resources itself a problem is as useful as throwing money against the wall and expecting the wall to do something. This is for areas where roads cannot be used for travelling. Clean water, food, maybe blankets and towels, medical supplies.In areas where some travelling is possible, banks are closed. Though ATMs are open, they are not going be filled with money anytime soon so people need to be considerate when removing the amount that they need. Some ATMs have put up a notice where people are requested not to take an amount more than Rs. 5,000. The best thing people can do is not spread rumours and not share news from these tv channels. Yesterday, there was a disturbing rumour that crocodiles escaped from the zoo. It's not funny. There are some who have their loved ones in Chennai too. 

Those useless media are more for minting money out of fear and making people panic when they should be calm and present news, contact details and instructions on how people can help. Most areas in Chennai can't access television (including  DTH) and have mobile networks though according to my sis Vodafone is working properly all things considered. 

Amit Pattnaik
Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago

Those of you who are on twitter can keep retweeting information and tweets. Please use these hashtags in your tweets (more specifically #ChennaiRainsHelp to offer or request shelter or aid):

For Help - #ChennaiRainsHelp

For Food - #ChennaiMicro

To Volunteer - #ChennaiVolunteer

One can also keep on re-tweeting Dr. Piya's tweet -

If there is any situation of no food, folw this remedy.In 1 lit boiled water add 5-6 tsp sugar + 1tsp salt. Drink at regular intervals. It can't replace our food requirement but will help to withstand. #ChennaiRainsHelp

Follow the above tweet with this:

Q. What if no drinking water available & only dirty water? Can it be boiled, strained & used?

Dr.Piya: No dont use that dirt water. try to collect rain water as much as possible & boil it for 10 min.

Amit Pattnaik
Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago

Download this app "Look Up" to have any goods you can donate picked up from your home. http://www.lookup.to/ The app LookUp has collaborated with the volunteer-organisation Bhumi to coordinate donation pick-ups. This is how they are doing -

http://i.imgur.com/5DHmty1.jpg

Amit Pattnaik
Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago

Ram Kashyap's team (he and his friends)(the second link that I had given) left this morning at around 5 AM from Bengaluru with materials for their 1st trip, but they said that they are planning to continue doing this for the next 15 days or so. That link contains some contact numbers for dropping points, . Once they get back to Bangalore, they shall once again be taking material donations etc for their next trip. So keep checking Ram's FB page for the latest update. If nothing, we can pitch in with the fuel costs.

Sneha Sasikumar
Sneha Sasikumar
from New York
8 years ago

I am so overwhelmed with the responses, personally i have been retweeting posts from actor Siddharth and other friends of mine who are constantly helping out folks #ChennaiMicro and #ChennaiVolunteer. Also we have sent lot of clothes and bread, biscuit, torches from our office as well to Ram's first trip to Chennai. Also you can buy meals for people through the Zomato app. Another lorry leaving on Saturday afternoon. Below are the details. 

Bangalore want to donate Instant food , napkins , biscuits , noodles , water pockets , blankets , Rain jackets , candles , torches , glucose to chennai .. please note down the following pickup points lorry will be leaving from bangalore to chennai saturday evening please donate before saturday morning . Banerghatta Road - Radiocity Office 66329911 - 4th floor vakil square building, next to airtel head office.Basavanagudi / Vidyapeeta Ravishankar 9945146344Banashankri : Alok 8892020202Bangalore university / kengeri - Nivedan 9035449134Bellendur Gayathri 9886955355BTM Layout Chethan 9743946740Devaiah Park / lakshminarayana puram Nalini - 9035802263landmark srirampuram metro stationHSR layout : Goldbean café near McDJayanagar/JP nagar : Raghu 9945935853 Ashwath 9686480215/9483430215JP nagar - Elaan Convention Centre - JP nagar .KalyanNagar / kammanahalli Punnakahi 9980209537 , Sahana 9663407014Kormangala - Alice 9986397950Konankunte - Deepa srinivas 8147781774KumarSwamy Layout / ISRO Layout - Hanu 9686869676Malleshwaram Sushma rajendra 9986877326MSR Nagar / Mathikere - Niraj Kumar 9620499505/9901249986#405,7th cross,6th main,MSR Nagar, bangalorePadmanabhanagar : Teju Teji8867156668Nagarbhavi / Vijayanagar Nethra Venkatachala 9845641333Rajarajeshwarinagar - Shanmugam Lakshmipathi9980842000#469,3rd main beml layout behind prakruthi driving scholl, RRnagarRajajinagar : Suraj 9900982266/ 90030233416 / 9482400633‪#‎1726B‬,1 st Main, D block, opp sai college for women,2nd block, RajajinagarRamurthyNagar - Aruna Joseph 8861208809 / Shivani 7353578287Sarjapura road Wipro - Rajavel 9916919394Uttarahalli - Hanu Ramasanjeev 9686869676Whitefield / Kundalahalli : YesKay Duraii 9731651851Yelahanka - Priya 8095376806 Sushma Rajendran Malleshwaram 9986877326Devatha & Yeskay Durai Kundalahali whitefield 9731651851Rajavel Wipro Srajapur road : Kai kundanahalli 9916919394Punnakhai kalyan nagar/kammanahalli 9980209537Gayathri Bellandhur 9886955355Shahana kalyan nagar/kammanahalli 9663407014Sushanth Shanti Nagar 9972232633Arun Kumar Indira nagar 9944722312Rana Ashish JP NAGAR 6TH PHASE 8123249932Vidhya Chakravarthy. Rajajinagar/ Malleswaram 9686561620Ravinder Kormangala 9971884955Bhavya BTM Layout 9886676362Bharathy JP nagar 7022739625

HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

All helpful information is given here to take some action from bloggers' end for Chennai residents. Yes, this contact detail specially would help all Bangaloreans to approach nearest help center to contribute a bit. Thanks!

Sneha Sasikumar
Sneha Sasikumar
from New York
8 years ago

Lets pray for the rains to stop and the water to recede as soon as possible. I personally have stayed almost a year in chennai and do keep visitng the place. Its always crowded with people from all over India. It is time we join hands and pray. It reminds me of the times when we were struck by Tsunami. I am born and brought up in Andamans and i was in my 11th std when the Tsunami had hit. Its a helpless situation.Chennai floods brings back those memories when human race fails in front of Mother Nature. #ChennaiRainsHelp #ChennaiMicro #hope

HR
HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Yes, most of them are doing their best to help them out! Embarassed

Amit Pattnaik
Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago

We can also keep tweeting this one about "Firechat app" -

Chat with family and friends without Internet and Cellphone towers in Chennaihttps://techzei.com/chat-without-internet-using-firechat/

Nandhini Chandrasekaran
from Chennai
8 years ago

This is a closed mesh network, Amit. Requires bluetooth or same wifi connection. Not so helpful for this situation. 

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago

Oh, is it, Nandhini? So sorry, I haven't checked it out myself, but I saw quite a few volunteer groups sharing info about this app on twitter regularly, so I thought may be it could work Frown

Hope Inditeam at chennai are safe.

TechChumz
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Yes, that's a needed question Inditeam please respond.

HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

@NC, are you in Chennai at the moment? If yes, situation around your home/place?

Yes, IB team shall reply on this soon, please.

Nandhini Chandrasekaran
from Chennai
8 years ago

@HR, by God's grace, we are safe with electricity and internet connections though all phone lines and mobile networks are dead. I live in Medavakkam. People reading this message who need help from Medavakkam, Pallikaranai, Kovilambakkam, Madipakkam, please contact me through whatsapp. 9840541842. The Chennai Blogger's team is actively doing the rescue efforts. Will post a message to them. 

Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
8 years ago

Vineet from Team IB tweeted that everyone's okay, though communication and power is affected.

HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

@NC, Great! God bless all there. It is a tough situation Embarassed

My Nephew stucked somewhere (I don't remember the name but he went from Vadapalani) to help / give food / clothes to his friend who resides little far from nephew's house. Whole last night almost tensed due to no local call (within Chennai) nor our calls goes there except very few hours that too we got a call from them this morning (3rd Dec 2015, morning).

Bangaloreans and others were/are also trying their best to help over there.

Nandhini Chandrasekaran
from Chennai
8 years ago

@HR, with the numerous rescue teams across the city, people are being led safe. So, don't worry if you are not able to contact; it's just because the mobile signals are down. 

HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Still no phone connection except lucky one or via social network or whatsapp etc. from some different location.

When I shouted my Nephew (who is around 13 years old about his last incident) then he says he knows 'swimming' and he can do something  :P in this flooded water  Smile. My sis can't control him but he is controlling my sis Laughing in this situation.

Hats off to Sikh brother n sisters once again..they never fail to seize any opportunity to help people as if they are only made for true humanity...Hot fresh food is being prepared at the Chennai Gurudwara for the needy and homeless. Please get in touch if u need food for a certain area we will be happy to provide. Food packets will be distributed across the city all day long !! Call on 9094790989. Its time to give back to the country and help each other as a family. Peace !!

1-20
21-22
LockSign in to reply to this thread