IndiRank update for November 2015

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
Srikanth Ramakrishnan
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Hola, Aloha, Jambo Fellow Bloggers!

What's your IndiRank for November 2015?

BESTpedia hasn't changed this month, it's still at 81, possibly because the Alexa Rank went for a toss this month.

What's yours?

Replies 1 to 15 of 15 Descending
Radhika Mundra
Radhika Mundra
from Jodhpur
8 years ago

69 to 77! Sealed

Really superb rise. Congo's
65 to 61 4 point fall
Srikanth Ramakrishnan
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Dekhte rehne. Next one will shoot up. Wait for your MozRank to go up with all the #madeforgreat comments. =D

I think this one was after that post
Srikanth Ramakrishnan
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Naah. next MozRank update is in 6 days. Dekhte rehna. Yours will shoot up.

Thanks srikanth
Jay Neog
Jay Neog
from Golaghat
8 years ago

36 to 61. Laughing Huge. 

TechChumz
from Bangalore
8 years ago
Incredible!
Nice tequlla shot
Rajiv Verma
from Guwahati
8 years ago

Haha..! So you are back?

Jay Neog
from Golaghat
8 years ago

Tongue out Yes. Kind off. 

Nevil Patel
Nevil Patel
from Ankleshwar
8 years ago

Mine went from 78 to 85.

Wow

NHNT 70 to 68 Frown

Subroto
Subroto
from Brisbane
8 years ago

I am in a freefall..dropped to 53...mozrank is 0 since the last two months and so are the juice passing links....i don't understand..i didn't make any change that could cause this..how is it that from having a mozrank since 2014 i now have none...i am thinking of closing my indiblogger account....the rating is pointless and i have no new readers....will save some time that i spend posting to indivine...

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Oh come on, that's no reason to quit.

Subroto
from Brisbane
8 years ago

It is a bit frustrating.  I'd be happy to be not ranked but if there is a system in place I'd expect it to behave in a more consistent manner.  Seriously even from the perspective of an IT developer.  One month there is moz rank and then it goes missing.  Some other month there is external juice passing link then next month it drops out.  As a user I expect some consistency in the system, I did nothing different this month so why is there a swing?  If there is no consistency I'd rather opt out.  

I said that 8000 trillion times.... Indirank is a useless thing. I've also stopped posting to Indivine. I can now have an extra cup of coffee every week from time thus saved. :)

Oh you started it all over again Tongue out

73 to 77
The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

We had a very short discussion about having an option of opting out of Indirank. Some people have liked it. So, maybe we should consider implementing it. 

Yes. I think this is a good idea. IndiRank, to me is a fun way of comparing the performance of my blog with others and I never felt it to be a correct indicator of skill

Subroto
from Brisbane
8 years ago

I think it's a good option to have.  Those who value a ranking can keep on using this feature.  Those who do not wish to be ranked but still be a part of the Indiblogger community can opt out.

I think it's a silly idea. It will completely remove any last vestiges of utility in Indirank. Completely emasculate it. What use is an optional rank that is already pretty deeply flawed?

Fix it or get rid of it. 

And I'm gone from IB for another couple of months. Bye bye!

Subroto
from Brisbane
8 years ago

I don't think having a level of customisation for the user is silly.  It is only a small minority of users that have been vocal in not wanting it.  The rest seem to like it, flaws and all.  And implementing such a change should not be that hard.

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
Srikanth Ramakrishnan
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Ultimately, do remember, IndiRank is a machine generated score. One that relies on external factors such as Moz and Alexa, which are all flawed in some way or the other.

No machine can replace Human sense and thinking.

Let's try and review a few unreviewed blogs shall we?

[You could start with mine Innocent]

Clementia DSouza
Clementia DSouza
from Mumbai
8 years ago

73 so happy :D

Sneha Sasikumar
Sneha Sasikumar
from New York
8 years ago

I am not sure if its the beginners luck as they say, since this is my first entry on Indi Blogger and i can see my IndiRank as 75 Laughing Whatever the reason may be its kinda fun to know that your blog holds a value in a larger community and helps in motivating one to do more justice with their blogs. But i totally agree with folks with the idea of opting out some people might still wana be in the forum and yet not be keen on getting evaluated. 

Happy blogging folks!!!

Vidya
Vidya
from Mumbai
8 years ago

No rank just "There was a problem detecting your feed" but my feed is working fine, submitted ticket and waiting for IB team to check and update my indirank Frown

Vidya
Vidya
from Mumbai
8 years ago

74 to 77 Cool

Anks
Anks
from Mumbai
8 years ago

I went from 81 to 78 :(

Vijay Kumar Sharma
Vijay Kumar Sharma