https://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=189

Edited 8 years ago
Reason: Made the link clickable_2
Replies 1 to 20 of 73 Ascending
Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Hey everyone, you should have recieved your Flipkart vouchures last night. Congrats :-)

Nandhini Chandrasekaran
from Chennai
8 years ago

Yes, received my voucher. Thank you HP & IB!

HR
HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Thanks IB and HP :D for Money mouthMoney mouth

Ankit Chugh
Ankit Chugh
from New Delhi
8 years ago

If anyone has got HP voucher and is interested in selling it, let me know. Add me on www.facebook.com/ankitchugh

Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Hey Ankit.. Selling vouchers.. not a good idea and definitely frowned upon :-)

Ankit Chugh
from New Delhi
8 years ago

I just wanted to buy that Star wars mouse. No bad intention here. 

Felicia Nazareth
Felicia Nazareth
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Received the vouchers. Thank You.

Sumit Nangia
Sumit Nangia
from Pune
8 years ago

@Rennie - The issue of how winners are choosen is raised almost always and will continue to be in future as well. I just have a small suggestion: If judges could simply write a few statements regarding why the winning posts stood out from the crowd and the same is shared whenever winners of any contest are declared, I think it will make it relatively easier for bloggers to understand what was the expectation from the XYZ contest. The sole intention of it being, to make our writting better and more relevant for upcoming blogging drives.

Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Hey Sumit, These things are quite relative. Maybe we can work on some common knowledge sharing that gives a few tips etc, get some statements from previous contest winners, judges etc. I think we can work on this..

Sumit Nangia
from Pune
8 years ago

Cool. Thanks for the reply and for the forum thread on "Ask Indi anything" :) Great initiative.

HR
HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Thanks for the badge Laughing

Congratulations Winners... Well Deserved Win...  Loved Every Post :) 

HR
HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Many thanks IB and Sponsor for almost second Indivine hatrick winning chances :D ;)

Shivam Ratnani
Shivam Ratnani
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Congratulations to the winners! Cheers. :D

Prasad Np
Prasad Np
from Delhi / Gurgaon
8 years ago

Wow ! my first major win... thanks a lot  Indi and HP :) .  Thanks to all my readers, the Force is strong with desi :)  ... Congratulations to all the winners :) 

Gauri Kamath
Gauri Kamath
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Congratulations to all the winners! 

Dr Shivani Shourie
Dr Shivani Shourie
from JALANDHAR
8 years ago

The winning posts are well written and worked hard on, therefore congratulations winners!!

I do agree with @TechChumz too; the instructions should be clearer.

TechChumz
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Yes, but I do feel I could have put my views in a softer and gentler fashion especially when IB has ensured even well crafted posts without votes or comments are getting selected on merit, a herculean achievement. Sorry IB, I should have posted only after my beauty sleep.

Felicia Nazareth
Felicia Nazareth
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Congratulations to all the winners...... LaughingLaughingLaughing

Amreen Shaikh
Amreen Shaikh
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Congratulations to all the winners! Well deserved :)

Congrats winners. Swapnil, I see you've won a voucher. And thanks IB & HP!

Katie
Katie
from chennai
8 years ago

Congrats Winners! :)

Sameer Dhanrajani
Sameer Dhanrajani
from Bangalore
8 years ago

in my personal opinion, once again,  marketing quotient and number of views or reach garnered has become the main criteria of winnings and not the relevance. I've seen so many better posts, which actually talk about what was asked in the first place " how the laptop can bring out your fun side" .. as in what all creative stuff can be done with it.. and not about simply talking about star wars movie characters, or describing what the laptop possesses. 

TechChumz
from Bangalore
8 years ago

The top three entries have only 18, 4 and 2 votes. Not many people viewed those entries.

Ankit Chugh
from New Delhi
8 years ago

IndiVotes is not an indication of the popularity of any article.

TechChumz
from Bangalore
8 years ago

What I meant to say, Ankit, is that the article may not have won due to the number of votes or views, but due to other merit. I hope you're not misunderstanding my view.

Sameer Dhanrajani
from Bangalore
8 years ago

I'm not talking about the indivine votes. that anyway don't matter as is given in the regulation. I'm talking about the reach of the blog sites. the point i'm trying to make is any novice blogger with not a lot of reach in his blog site, but with a very creative and relevant blog piece will be given less preference as compared to a blog piece from a professional blogger,  which might clearly not be as good, but since her/his blogsite garners a lot of reach (due to it being a professional blog or well viewed blog site). This is the case i've been seeing in many competitions here. If they wanted to make "reach" of the blog site a criteria, they should have mentioned explicitly. 

TechChumz
from Bangalore
8 years ago

REMINDER TO IB ABOUT LONG-PENDING REQUEST ON CONTEST THREAD - LET COMPANIES BE UPFRONT ABOUT WHAT THEY WANT INSTEAD OF ALWAYS SAYING FUN AND CREATIVITY

Well, I think that it would be really great if some other things would be more explicit. For instance, I did not have the skill to understand that the article should be realistic and not just creative. This is partly because it was mentioned, what "fun" things would you do? This is something we oldies have talked about on the contest thread again and again. 

I would like to request IB once more to make the instructions a bit clearer. I mean HP needs to explicitly say that hey, we are coming up with this product, we want you bloggers to help boost sales. What do you think the common man would do if he were to buy our lappie? Why is this still not being done, IB? Not all of us are advertising geniuses? And if you think it looks bad or greedy for HP or other sponsors to say this, believe me, it looks MUCH MORE greedy and dishonest when HP and other sponsors do the very thing they find it so shameful to say.

At the end, I am happy that content with just two votes is winning a major prize because we cribbed a lot earlier that only entries with votes and comments were winning and you, IB set that COMPLETELY right, so thanks a TON. Now just resolve this honesty issue please. Anyway the motives are clear and not at all wrong business-wise, what is wrong is pretending ONLY creativity matters when what matters has to be guessed by advertising brains not all of us have. Why not ask sponsors to be direct. What is wrong in wanting to sell laptops? When will you rectify this, IB? The others, please do not think I'm talking about the judging, the judging's been quite OK. I'm talking about INSTRUCTIONS at the BEGINNING of the contest, long before the judging, and we have repeatedly talked to IB about this in the past, just bringing it up at a relevant timer. 

Ankit Chugh
Ankit Chugh
from New Delhi
8 years ago

Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :D

Felicia Nazareth
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Congrats on a wonderful win! Laughing

Shivam Ratnani
Shivam Ratnani
from Mumbai
8 years ago

The wait is long on this one!

Prasad Np
from Delhi / Gurgaon
8 years ago

Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future...Smile

Sameer Dhanrajani
Sameer Dhanrajani
from Bangalore
8 years ago

the number of entries of the contest used to show as 141.. now it is showing as 139 .. why ? ... 

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
8 years ago

Someone's profile was probably deactivated for some reason or the other! Smile

LockSign in to reply to this thread