Racism Vs Hypocrisy

Saurabh Singh
Saurabh Singh
from Allahabad
8 years ago

Why bollywood or any indian film industry suffers inferiority complex when it come to present themselves without makeup. Are they not proud of being indian race.Than they should not say that they proud to be an indian.

Edited 8 years ago
Reason: was grammatically wrong
Replies 1 to 13 of 13 Descending

There are multiple instances of actors going without makeup for a lot of movies. It happens in every Indian Film Industry. You should just watch more movies, or just try googling for movies where actors used no makeup for their films.

Off the top of my head, I can say that actors in films like Titli, Miss Lovely, Soodu Kaavum used little makeup or none in the conventional sense of making the actors look fair and lovely

Saurabh Singh
Saurabh Singh
from Allahabad
8 years ago

Mr.Sharma thanks for your consideration but when we calculate the percentage of these films with respect to all indian films,can we say it a negligible percentage which can be interpreted as exceptional ones. What about the majority. I do respect rajnikant sir types of actors who often go outside without makeup. 

Saket Kalikar
Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
8 years ago

Sporting make-up does not means disrespect to Indin race. And I do not see make up as a sigh of inferiority complex.

Make ups do better the looks. There is nothing wrong in presenting better looks. 

I view make-up as an art. An art which enhances the natural good features and conceals the not so good ones. And when I say "good", I mean the widely acceptated definition, like "facial symmetry".

It's a personal choice. I would anytime prefer to see a pretty face on the screen with flaws concealed and good features enhanced, than the raw ones. Tongue out 

And not just the face, I would definitely like to see well toned bodies attired in decent outfits. I makes me feel good.Smile

I prefer my dish to be served with some garnish on top. If tastes good, it should look good too. (Again, My definition of good looks is conventional)Smile

Saurabh Singh
from Allahabad
8 years ago

Thank you mr.kalikar for your attention.I agree with your arguments sir. I just want to ask,not only from artists,but from every indian, why they want to look fairer than they actually are? Obviously everyone should be in good looks. This is an important part of personality, but why looking fairer is a part of good looks for indians especially when they have suffered racism in other part of world.Are they not supporting something which probably they should not support.Thats exactly what i am asking sir.

HR
HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Do you know what will happen to the audience if they see / watch few actors without make up? Tongue out 

Saurabh Singh
from Allahabad
8 years ago

Thanks mr. hr for your time. I will only ask you if suppose your favorite artist come infront of you, will you not respect him just because of makeup.

HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Not only favorite artist, even unfavorite artist or any human comes in front me then I will try to respect, of course. The concern is identifying the favorite or unfavorite artists without make up differences only compare to screen vs real and that way they helps us / audience not to scare without make up as well Laughing

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Last time I checked there is only one race- the human race. 

I really believe people should stop questioning other people's patriotism. It's a strange behaviour people are developing. It's their job (and a lot more) to maintain a particular eye candy. They earn a lot of money, some of them even run businesses. Companies invest a lot of money to keep them as brand ambassadors. They could have moved out of the country if they wanted to but they didn't. Instead, they do a lot of things which employs a lot of people and gains recognition in a lot of countries. Few of them even receive Knighthood from other countries. What more do you want to 'prove' their love for their country???

Assuming that they have an inferiority complex and not being proud of being an 'Indian race' just because they wear makeup sounds silly.Since you're talking about Rajnikanth, you forgot to consider the actresses that worked with him over the years. I haven't seen his movies (except the one with Amitabh Bachhan). They're probably wearing enough make-up for the both of them. It works for Rajnikanth. Besides, Rajnikanth is from a different time when life was so simple that actors and actresses used to walk among us and ride on Padmini and Ambassadors. 

I don't like photos being manipulated for ads  in billboards, magazines and all. It looks artificial and makes humans look as if they're walking on a really long stick. Of course, I wouldn't go that extreme as questioning their patriotism.

Saurabh Singh
from Allahabad
8 years ago

Thanks for such a nice explanation. I appologies if i have hurt anyones sentiments. I think something went wrong side. It should not be such extreme. But since we are on a good discussing platform we can assume that discussion can be corrected if it appears to be wrong. It is not a debate.

Saurabh Singh
Saurabh Singh
from Allahabad
8 years ago

What i want to know or rather ask is the basic desire which compells you to look fairer.What makese anybody feel good with temporary fairness. This force me to think that you are not satisfied with your actual skin colour. Although we know that we can never be satisfied with whatever things we have but than too i would like to know why people dont like their actual skin colour.I know most of us are using fairness cream before going to party. What compells us to think in this way.

Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
8 years ago

Saurabh, why do most humans perceive fair skin as sexually more attractive, is a difficult question to answer. Only the evolotionery scientists and experts in human behaviours would be able to answer that. There could be some evoloutinary reason for the humans to perceive fair skin, symmetrical face-shape, tall stature, hour-glass shape, melodoius voice etc as good. Humans, who possess these traits, generally fair better in the mating-game.

To me, personally, fair skin and dark hair appeal more than the dark skin and light-coloured hair.Smile  And I have no guilt about my choice of likes and dislikes.

I will put it this way- It not a crime to like or dislike a particular physical trait (like skin colour) , but it would be unfair to mistreat or disrespect  people who are  different from what I like.

And when refuse to watch a film where the lead actress is dark-skinned and go watch the one which has my favourite fair-skinned lass, I am not disrespecting anyone, I am just respecting my own choice. She can act in any number of flms she wishes to, and without any make-up, it's none of my business; but she can't force me watch her films....) Laughing   It's as simple as that.

Saurabh Singh
Saurabh Singh
from Allahabad
8 years ago

I'm completely agree with you mr.kalikar. We live in a liberal world and we wont allow anybody to suppress our liberty.You have mentioned a complete liberal statement sir.But just as a matter of fact that we are discussing on an evil issue i.e. racism, won't you think sir that the elaborated version of your liberal statement will support racism. If i look on your statements you have said that you prefer fairer skin, and as we know we respect what we like and most of the times we won't respect what we dont like,and suddenly we realize that we are encouraging racism. But at the end of the day we also say that we should not do this.I hope you understand me sir. Thanku

Humans are Racist. EOD I suppose.

Saurabh Singh
Saurabh Singh
from Allahabad
8 years ago

What about good humans and bad humans.

Both are Racist.

Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
8 years ago

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing.

I Agree with you NSV. Humans are racists. There is no escaping the truth.

Saurabh, I  think dislike and disrespect both don't mean the same. Dislike is passive, and an act of respecting our own choice, while dispect is a deliberate display of this dislike towards the person in a deregetory way, which normally is considered discourteous by most in civilized society (including me Smile).

But there is a larger question even if someone displays disrespect for our skin, physique, cast, creed, voice, views, opinions, should we really be bothered? We must, if this is made basis for some discrimination and denial of equal opportunities, in which case we must retaliate.

Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
8 years ago

Completing the above......

If someone displays disrespect for our skin, physique, cast, creed, voice, views, opinions, should we really be bothered? We must, if this is made basis for some  denial of equal opportunities, otherwise (eg. someone mocking for dark complexion), just don'y give importance to it.

Saurabh Singh
Saurabh Singh
from Allahabad
8 years ago

I agree.But i am confussed. In our school days we have learnt pharases apart from manything else. One phrase is HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY. We all agree.But when it comes to other phrases we find that everybody is blamming others. How both the phrases can be followed make me confuse. The other phrase is HONESTY BEGANS AT HOME.

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
Srikanth Ramakrishnan
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Let's be honest here. Humans are racists. Be it Indians or Americans or Chinese. We are racist. The whites believe they're the best thru years of conditioning. We believe the same.

Saurabh: You asked: What i want to know or rather ask is the basic desire which compells you to look fairer.

I say, it depends. My desire is for someone darker. I like men and women with dark skin. It is the same 'racism', with a different perception/preference.

Saurabh Singh
from Allahabad
8 years ago

Mr.ramkrishnan sir , if i am not getting wrong you are saying that basically discremination is a part of human nature and one should not critisized it even if it is considerd as wrong or if you want to criticize you can but the probability that it will diminish will be negligible.

Not everyone is racist, but many people consider themselves superior to others. 

Saurabh Singh
from Allahabad
8 years ago

Exactly......i dont know what is going wrong.

Saurabh Singh
Saurabh Singh
from Allahabad
8 years ago

Well my dear friends a lot of shit has been served. I am taking the responsibility of all the shit that had happen.At the end of the day we must thank to god who has given us a chance to live as human being. We must not waste it in discussing such a stupid issue

I am sorry for this.Enjoy yourselves.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS

Eh? So what was the point? Tongue out

LockSign in to reply to this thread