Gadget Wishlist for 2016

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Continuing the 'Unofficial' tradition of this thread, this is the Gadget Wishlist for 2016.

For those who are interested, post the stuff that you wish to buy, and why do you wish to buy! 

My Purchase List for 2016:

Flyfilms Spark 21" Belt driven double travel Long Camera Video Slider

Manfrotto MT055XPRO3 055 Aluminium 3-Section Tripod

Manfrotto MVH500AH Flat Base Pro Fluid Head

Zoom H6 6 Track Portable Digital Recorder

or

Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone

I am planning this to make better videos for my Youtube channel and make it a regular thing. 

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending

I dont wish to have anymore gadgets. Only EMIs from now on

CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

You can decided on gadgets to buy once a few EMI's are paid completely.Tongue out

HR
HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

2015 pending gadgets (some fulfilled) and Kawasaki latest Z800 bike (2016 wishlist) then still gadget wishes continues...:P

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
Srikanth Ramakrishnan
from Mumbai
8 years ago

I just want a new phone. Maybe a Moto G Turbo.

That's all.

Laptop and iPad are working fine.

Stuti Shrimali
Stuti Shrimali
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Mobile mobile mobile. Cool

HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

3 mobile phones? :P

Gauri Kamath
Gauri Kamath
from Mumbai
8 years ago

A Nikon coolpix L340

A Kindle Paperwhite

A FitBit Charge (Blue)

That's it. Not too greedy Laughing

Amit Pattnaik
Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago

1. Nikon D7000

2. A PRO D AF 100 mm f/2.8 Macro

3. A Sennheiser Condenser microphone and a Pre-amplifier

And thus India will get its next bathroom singing sensation =)) 

I don't know if this can be counted as a gadget but I would also love to have this one Cool -

Epictoria Triumph Cool Blue Cruiser Magic Swing Car it will surely make the colony kids feel damn envious =)) 

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Check out Sony DSLT. They're quicker and known to be better for low light. If you want a lens for video, check out de-clicked aperture lenses. I am using a very old (like 70s old) clicked aperture lens and it pushes a lot of light inside the 600D, making it much easier and cleaner video with a lesser amount of light. 

CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

Epictoria Triumph Cool Blue Cruiser Magic Swing Car

With that even the big boys will envy you. =))

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago

@TS, yeah, actually I am in a fix, whether to go for Nikon D7000 or Sony Alpha A58Y (the one you recommended). I am actually waiting for Pari to upload a few snapsTongue out, that will make it easier for me to decide. (P.S. - I was really impressed by Sony Alpha A58Y's reviews on amazon, almost everyone wrote about the camera's great performance in low light conditions. A few guys had even uploaded raw photos, they looked really sharp with superb colours Smile)

...it pushes a lot of light inside the 600D, making it much easier and cleaner video with a lesser amount of light. 

Oh, thank you, yeah, I would be shooting videos too with it and mostly indoors. So yes, lighting could be an issue at times. Let me check out these de-clicked aperture lenses then. Thanks once again, TS Smile

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago

@CK, did you see the skillset section in the product description? Skillset: Motor Skills, Hand & Eye Co-ordination, General Knowledge, Analysis & Critical Thinking.

For a moment, I got confused whether these skillsets were required for driving the car or driving this car would help in developing them.

HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Magic Swing Car looks better than Nano and 800... Cool

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

You should get a GoPro for a magic swing car! :P

I am not sure if you get de-clicked aperture lens here- or as it's called 'Cine lenses'. I had trouble finding one locally for Canon itself.  Luckily my friend had very old Asahi Pentax with a Canon mount converter. There is a variant of this specific unit with a radioactive lens. Who would have thought a 1970s 55mm F1.8! It doesn't have autofocus or image stabilisation, but if you get a tripod and you're good at manual focus you can get good still. For videos, this lens is amazing. Sony A58Y uses A-mount. This mount is originally Minolta. So if you can find the old 1980s Minolta lenses- you're set! Camera technology improved significantly since- but I guess lens technology is slower. You get a Zeiss lens too, but those things are heavy and expensive. If you end up finding those Pentax lenses, all you need is Pentax m42 threaded mount to Sony A-mount cover. Note that due to an absence of the chip on the lens- older Asahi and Minolta, you cannot use Sony's stable shot. Other than that, it will work like a charm. 

Panasonic GH4 is a craze among many Youtubers but I am not sure if you get Panasonic interchangeable lenses here, and GH4's low light performance isn't something to brag upon. 

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago

But last night after you suggested these lenses when I searched on amazon, it did show up a few de-clicked aperture lenses (though I'm not sure about their quality). 

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Oh... its been a while since I checked around. 

LockSign in to reply to this thread