Locked How to Promote Your Book

[[No advertising. No SSP]]

Replies 1 to 12 of 12 Descending
Congrats dude.
Marketing is a tough scene. First let the dust settle and then spend some money in ads on tv and newspapers and social media platforms.
Then if you have friends in running schools, rope them in to forcefully add it in their syllabus for holiday reading book.

thanks Rio

Ya, Marketing is a tough job, not meant for writers. but when you choose to self-publish, you have to do it all on your own

Bhavya Kaushik
Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
8 years ago

I don't think you can post your book link here, as it counts as promotion. IndiPolice would know better know, just expressing what I believe.

For the book promotions, you can start by organising book giveaways and goodreads activity. Start with a good digital marketing campaign. Pre-launch the book first and encourage people to pre-book the copies. I have tried it a couple of times and it always works!

Yo, nice ideas Bhavya,

Thanks Bhavya, I will be organizing book giveaways 

Gauri Kamath
Gauri Kamath
from Mumbai
8 years ago

A popular form of promotion is book reviews - sending your book to bloggers and asking them for a review. I guess it helps in your book getting noticed alot and good for SEO and stuff like that.

Good Idea Gauri! I am ready to offer a free copy of my book to anyone interested in the book review. Thank you Gauri. Please give me your email id, I would send you my book for review.

Well, things have been moving now. Got couple of reviews and sponser posts. Should I run a PPC for more exposure?

Sumit Nangia
Sumit Nangia
from Pune
8 years ago

Hey Satyendra,

Congrats on getting Published. :) Would love to do a review.

Do mail me at sumit.nangia37@gmail.com. I could link you up with 1-2 Giveaway and book-tour organiers.

And Please keep updating your progress regarding sales and marketting in this thread. It could act as reference for other first time published authors facing similar challenges. There was a real need for such a thread on Indi Forums.

Cheers !!!!

Thank You so much Sumit for your help and encouragement. Sales and promotion are the tough part, especially when you self-publish a book. You have to do everything on your own. I am trying hard, let's hope for the best. Anyway, I have emailed you my book, please feel free to contact me if you need any assistance.

I don't see many people taking interest in this topic. 

Probably because

poetry

love

sadness

no takers Tongue out

You are partially correct Narasimha, but this is not the complete truth.

If writing a poem is inherently tragic it is because it is hard to believe that the author had nothing better to do. It is inherently tragic because we still choose an out-dated form as a medium for argumentation.

I dint get you Innocent

Friend, you can share it over here, https://aopinionatedman.com/online-book-store/

Thanks, Xavier, the website looks cool. do I need to pay to publish a promotional post there?

@Narasimha I meant to say that poetry is an effective form of self-expression. But it is ignored and underrated.

free count down for my book voice of heart has begin on amozan. Any one can download it without any charge

LockThis topic is locked.