Freedom251, Do you really think it'll live up to the hype?

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

Not this is height of stunning marketing! Google's keyboard too showed me the option of freedom251 while typing just free.

Anyways, what I wanted to ask was, you must have been greeted with that full page advertisement of this "phone" in your morning newspaper, and you must have flocked to the website to actually try and place order for atleast half a dozen, if not more, devices. Now the question is, do you really think this is actually possible for anyone to do this, even if they are maximizing the factor of economies of scale to the fullest possible extent?

Replies 1 to 10 of 10 Descending
The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! 

The cake is a lie!!

Amit Pattnaik
Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago

The golden rule of life -- Anything that is too good to be true, probably is Smile

Amit Pattnaik
Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago

I had absolutely no idea about this phone until last evening when my aunt (from Bhubaneswar) called me up asking me to book 3 pieces Laughing She said that even the local newspapers had been running front page ads since the last few days about the phone's launch and that my uncle failed to go beyond the "buy now" button when he tried to book, that the corresponding payment page failed to open up. I hadn't even seen the phone until that time, nor had visited their website. Even then, I tried to reason with her, telling how some companies con the gullible consumers with such marketing gimmicks but when she insisted, I went to their website to book 3 pieces. Luckily their server had crashed by then and thus my uncle and aunt were saved from getting conned. Later on when I googled it and went through a review, i found this article - http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/features/freedom-251-should-be-ringing-some-alarm-bells-803873 

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

Yesterday morning, I went on to check if there was an option for a COD. There was none, so I came back, not intending to join the hordes of probable "fools". The numerous review articles on NDTV Gadgets, HT, DNA, etc, fortified my stand that this appears to be a ultra mega SCAM in the making. Their responses on their twitter handle too added to my suspicion.

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

I don't think Gadgets360 pointed out inconsistencies, same applies for Digit. The first one to speak about it is The Hindustan Times. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy who wrote that article in Gadgets360 is the same fellow who was Asus India's PR- who before that was writing for Tech2. The infamous chap who was flown down to Hawaii all expense paid for AMD Hawaii GPU launch, only to write in a post that Nvidia launched AMD Hawaii GPU! :P  

Credits to HT for posting about with the photos of the images. Few others have followed up and probed more about the company. 

He better give the phones. Mera paisa pachega ni. I booked 5 phones.
Rajesh Kasargod
Rajesh Kasargod
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Indian psychology .........Price reduced Demand increase.

I guess it marketting al right. Media  is paid service people you need to realise that 

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Meanwhile, enjoy the parody page!

http://www.freedom651.com/

Dipti
Dipti
from Korba
8 years ago

I should buy one and give it to those kids who keep asking me for my phone to play subway surfer or candy crush. :| COD nahi hai toh I won't buy. Undecided

Amitesh Gupta
Amitesh Gupta
from Patna
8 years ago

It was marketing of the phone which actually costs ₹2400. They gave it at ₹251 only to create a buzz which means they made their unknown company well-known to everyone saving costs of conventional marketing!!

Raowords
Raowords
from Bengaluru
8 years ago

as per the company 7.35crore mobiles booked in last two days (flipkart/amazon/snapdeal struggle to manage that kind of traffic), so Rs.1844.85crore was collected. This could be a huge scam!!!

Would they buy the second hand mobiles or components from India, china & other countries and re-brand the mobile as Freedom251!!

LockSign in to reply to this thread