Freedom of Speech VS Freedom to breathe

Being an anti-national has become a trendy thing, it is the latest fashion trend admired and supported by thousands of highly educated and intellectual people across the JNU. While the majority of Indian people are blaring up against JNU students, who shouted anti-national slogans, some of us are tremendously liberal and saintly.

Being an anti-national has become a trendy thing, it is the latest fashion trend admired and supported by thousands of highly educated and intellectual people across the JNU. While the majority of Indian people are blaring up against JNU students, who shouted anti-national slogans, some of us are tremendously liberal and saintly.

Replies 1 to 10 of 10 Descending
The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

We have courts. I am sure they are more than competent. Have a cake! 

Of course, Supreme court is the final authority, but many people don't accept the decision of a court. For example, Afzal Guru was hanged after a long trail and he was given every fair opportunity to defend himself. Now people challenge the decision of the court and call it a "judicial killing".

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

They say judicial killing. You say anti-national. I say both of you blokes are opposite sides of the same coin, a coin that labels people and does not respect the legal system, resorting to mob violence and excess shouting, using national integrity as a cheap tool to force people take sides. Everyone has gone mad. 

The fire has spread to IB as well Frown

Earlier all my facebook and twitter timelines were full of movie trailers, philosophical quotes, reviews of movies and books et al..but these days wherever I login, the only things I see are HCU, JNU, Smriti Irani, Rajdeep Sardesai, BJP, Antinational, Kanaiya, blah blah blah. I'm sick of all these.

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Yeah just remove the feeds. I think people are more interested in forcing people sides or forcing people to be labelled rather than letting the system take care of the problems. Why bother about enemy at the gates when people within the country to tear each other piece by piece. 

Would you believe if I said I had unfollowed at least a 50 of my freinds' feeds from Facebook in the last 2 days. And these are the people I know and talk to, at least on a monthly basis.

It's all because of zee news video otherwise people would have never known the anti-national mindset of some JNU students.

an interesting article, asking some solid questions to the supporter of JNU students http://goo.gl/xNBmUN 

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Its funny because according to ABP News, the video is a fake: http://www.abplive.in/india-news/abp-news-impact-uproar-over-doctored-kanhaiya-tape-292927

This doesn't make those students innocent, but it does give them the benefit of the doubt. Of Course, doing all that with a college permission to do a poetry reading is wrong, but it's far cry from being a traitor. 

To be fair, it doesn't take a lot of effort to swap audio. You can do whatever and frame anyone you want. Which is why people should calm down and let the police & judges do their jobs. Will people apologise to the students if the sedition charges are deemed as wrong by the court? Nope. Rather the mob will be on a hunt for somebody else to quench their thirst for 'rowdy justice'. 

No clue, Zee news could be wrong or ABP news is hiding the truth. However, the JNU episode is a big dent on the reputation of the university and its students. I have come across several news stories in which people have discriminated and even beaten JNU Students.

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

which is exactly why people should not make judgements with a single POV and not knowing the entire truth. 

Nothing can be done about reputation. But to be fair- decades earlier my college used to be known as a 'Gunda college' but now it's a pretty good college. When times go ahead, people forget. 

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Sorc what about when the journos purposefully hide fact to present their version and brainwash Indians into thinking that version is the truth. I am not taking sides but this is a fact of Indian media which has become more and more worse than the terrorist themselves.

I will give you an example. Yesterday Smriti gave an speech in the parliament (good or bad depends on which side you are on) but Hindustan Times (owned by Congi) blacked it out completely. Another example. The Omar arrest was prominently featured in all the msm but the death of Captain Pawan Kumar on the same day was regalated to third fourth fifth pages.

This is not done, though I agree with your point of view. But media should provide unbiased unfettered news. 

India has been suffering from a decaptited press since independence and a regulator is required to stop this kind of nonsense.

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Don't trust the media as ultimately someone will buy a controlling stake- irrespective of the party- and they'll just want pageviews/TRP even if they have to pay a fine of 100,000 crore which is less compared to what they earn during primetime news and debate shows. Don't trust the politicians as they are riding on taxpayer's money to buy companies, use public land, do deals, etc. Don't trust the angry mob no matter how noble it will look as chances are that they will burn your businesses, drag you out of your home and beat the crap out of you for something you may have not done. Don't trust all those speeches given by worker/student unions affiliated with political parties because they're just there to fill their pockets using those same workers. Be a good and law-abiding civilian and don't feed the trolls. Do good deeds and do charity locally. Trust the Indian Army who are the ones who protect this country from the enemies at the gates while we fight amongst ourselves. 

+Infinity TS

Trust Individual. Trust Self.

Vijay, you raised a valid point, I agree with you, Indian media is biased. It has nothing to do with the country and its people. Some news channels are funded by foreign countries so they never work in national interest. I have written an open letter to Rajdeep Sardesai for calling himself an anti-national openly.

Sorcerer, it is not possible to live in the world and ignore worldly things. News channels, politics and society affect our daily lives. It is not possible to cut them off completely.

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

I am not suggesting you know. Listen to everything. Trust nothing till the time a conclusion is made. 

I rather prefer to cut them off rather than being infected by their wrongdoing and hate-filled speech. I only have one life and I have every intention to fulfill it.  

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
Srikanth Ramakrishnan
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Every story, from Evolution to Industrialisation to Partition, to Riots to Elections has 2 sides to it. The problem is that most people are either unwilling to listen to the other side or ignore it.

The Truth is universal it has only one side, it is a different thing that people distort facts to serve their purpose.

LockSign in to reply to this thread