Which Platform is better Wordpress or Blogger?

I'm presently a blogger at Wordpress and I was wondering to shift to Blogger, so can anyone help me in letting me know which one is the best, and kind of get more traffic.;

Much love

Sam

Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending
The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Between WP and Blogger, blogger any day. Customization is more in Blogger than with WP. People can check out Tumblr, too. 

Between self-hosted WP and blogger:At this point, it doesn't matter. I rather have a post-only blog hosted on blogger rather than having a self-hosted WordPress on a very bad and erratic performance on a shared server which usually is overcrowded with other websites. You don't need to worry about backup either- as long as you have a two-way authentication enabled in your Google account its just going to be safe. Unless or until you want to grow your site to more than just a blog and if you can afford + maintain a semi-managed VPS, why move from blogger to self-hosted? Just buy a domain name, get a proper blogger theme, change the HTML and you're set. 

This forum had the same discussion before, and the conclusion was pretty much the same. There's nothing more to add. Anything more is just preference.  

Thanks friend! @thesorcerer

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
Srikanth Ramakrishnan
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Between Blogger and WP, I'd go for WP. Far more customisable, scalable and once set up, it's a breeze.

Amarendra Bandla
Amarendra Bandla
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Unless you miss some specific features in Wordpress, I do not see any reason to move to Blogger (unless you need stronger integration with Google ecosystem). Blogger cannot match the amount of plugins, themes and support that Wordpress has. 

Atul kumar Rai
Atul kumar Rai
from Varanasi
8 years ago

ब्लॉगर अच्छा है अभी

Rajneesh K Jha
Rajneesh K Jha
from New Delhi
8 years ago

ब्लॉगर 

Rishi Sanuj
Rishi Sanuj
from New Delhi
8 years ago

both are great. But Wordpress CMS have an edge over blogger. 

you can optimize and customize better than blogger. Aslo wordpress is used for website.

Atulpriya Sharma
Atulpriya Sharma
from Hyderabad
8 years ago

I have had a couple of blogs on wordpress and blogger both and I prefer Wordpress over Blogger for the various reasons like Better cutomization on Wordpress for  Themes, Sidebars, Widgets etc. (much more in case of self hosted WP). If self hosted WP, then you have a lot of plugins that you can use. Further you have a greater control on a self hosted WP

However, if you have a custom domain then you can map it to a blogger blog for free while you have to shell out about $13 in case of wordpress. And in both cases backup and security is not a concern since Automattic and Google are trustworthy. 

So until unless you are inclined to move to blogger, sticking to WP is a better option in my view.

LockSign in to reply to this thread