Getting traffic to a newly started blog.

Harry Goyal
Harry Goyal
from Bathinda
8 years ago

Hello bloggers, 

I started a new blog and got approved for adsense too. My blog is getting near around 200 pagviews daily. Can anyone help me to improve this figure? I posting daily and getting mostly traffic from facebook and other social media sites. Means my organic traffic is only near around 30-50.

Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending
Srikanth Ramakrishnan
Srikanth Ramakrishnan
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Get a sitemap in place if you haven't done so yet.

Submit BOTH the sitemap and the RSS feed to Google/Bing/Yandex.

Post valuable comments on articles on other blogs, might get a conversation started.

Harry Goyal
from Bathinda
8 years ago

Don't mind but I think you don't read it fully, because I am saying am getting 30-50 visitors via search engines and posting daily. I had submitted my sitemap already when I started my blog. 

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
from Mumbai
8 years ago

You don't need to submit a sitemap to get minimal visitors from Search Engines.

Which is why I said if you haven't done it yet.

Apart from that I also stated Sitemap+RSS feed to all three engines.

Trust me. It works out well.

SUJATA TAWDE
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Hi Srikanth, Thanks ,Good suggestion, How to get a sitemap for a blog at blogspot ?

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Hi Sujata,

this is a simple guide for creating XML sitemaps on Blogger/Blogspot blogs.

http://www.labnol.org/internet/submit-blogger-sitemap-to-google/10149/

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

It takes time. You can start by what Srikanth says. Just make content relevant to the crowd, but something that's not covered by others. There's no point in expected high traffic from cliched topics. 

Shrikant L.
Shrikant L.
from Navi Mumbai
8 years ago

It also depends which niche you have selected for your blog. Micro niche blogs gets less traffic. -snip. No SSP. Its like selling a cabbage to a vegetable seller next to you. why would you do that?-

Md qureshi
Md qureshi
from Indore
7 years ago

No SSP. You have been warned multiple times. How can you not understand?

Sourav Mukherjee
Sourav Mukherjee
from Kolkata
7 years ago

Write guest posts in good traffic driven blogs or websites under your genre... Trust me the backlink traffic is huge... 

Also build a email list. This way you are making a one time visitor of your blog a returning visitor. Which means more traffic

Mridul Pareek
Mridul Pareek
from Gandhinagar
7 years ago

One more: Regularly update your social media accounts !

Kumarapush
Kumarapush
from Coimbatore
7 years ago

I use Yoast to handle sitemap. By the way, just submitting sitemap will not improve your taffic.

It is like this, sitemap -> Google search analytics -> get keywords that you are ranked for -> do seo optimization on your page to improve traffic for those words & write more relevant related topics.

Apart from Seo: Social marketting + Link building are other way to get more traffic.

no SSP

LockSign in to reply to this thread