Is the blogging community in India different from the ones outside?

Karthik DR
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
14 years ago

I've been having this question for a while... How different is Indian blogging community, I mean the Indian bloggers from other big blogging communities like the US or the UK?

By different I mean on the whole, by perspective, by lifestyle, by everyday priorities and how diversified...

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
leon
leon
from kolkata
14 years ago

i think it's same yet different ^^

Vijay Rajamani
Vijay Rajamani
from Bangalore
14 years ago

I think there are some similarities but more differences between  (a majority of ) Indian bloggers versus others. In style, in the topics that we choose to blog about and in the way we approach issues, indian bloggers seem to be coming out distinct from others.

Karthik DR
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
14 years ago

Well I'm sure as far as the diversity of topics and subjects we are really good, but in terms of what they mostly write about??? What is their topics of interest?? From what I've seen most of them are personal bloggers just like ours. But I have a feeling that the US blogging community has more technology bloggers than we have. Is it just me or is that so?

And Vijay, yes, I too have noticed difference in how we and they approach issues.

leon
leon
from kolkata
14 years ago

here it's ungeeky

I live in the US, but in a non-typical place- Silicon Valley.   So my reality here isn't the same as elsewhere in the US.  But in the Bay Area, yes, blogging and micro-blogging sites are more popular than other parts of the US and the topics are more skewed to technology, startups, Internet.   During election year in 2008, political thought dominated blogs around the country and the Red vs Blue ideology does dominate a lot of the regional blogs and ideology around the country.    

Also, I think right now there has been a major shift where traditional journalists across the country who were noted columnists in traditional hard copy newspapers have started their own blogs and offer more frequent content and update than they did in the past, particularly since newspapers in the US have started to struggle for survival and some are only available online.

Otherwise, I think bloggers here are often folks who aspire to be thought leaders and also use blogging as one of their creative outlets.

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
14 years ago

I guess its more mature in a few places outside India. I guess we have all this blogging power but few know how to harness it ... In the US for most its a living.. here its a living only for a few.. Things will change the moment we learn to harness its awesome power

LockSign in to reply to this thread