Blogging Resources & Knowledge Management by IB

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

IB is one of the biggest blogging directory with the maximum no of "serious" and "active" bloggers. It has promoted blogging more than anyone else could have ever imagined and actually made huge difference to several hundred people over the years

Either through monetarily or social meets or even being the sole reason for blogging communities to open up in individual cities. The work done is phenomenal. The main thing that IB stands out for than any other company is their Integrity, Openness and Responsiveness. Not once have they defaulted on a prize or failed to keep up their word.

However there's one important thing that I have found is missing in IB which both Amateurs as well as professional bloggers would want : A Resource / Information / How to  link

Examples :

1)Info on How do I convert to a private domain ? How much does it usually cost and viability

2) How does one increase their IB rank, Moz Rank and ensure their blog comes up more prominently in Google search

3) Similar to above , how do i increase my domain authority . Many external agencies demand DA to be min 10 for qualification for applying for a paid review/post

4) A resource link with cool Blogger / Wordpress templates

5) Steps forward for newbies as well as experienced people: What else can you do with a blog? There are thousands of people like me who write blogs only for IB contests . What else can I do with it ?

6) How do I market my blog apart from IB

If they can setup some tutorial links or resource links for the above things , written by the masters of IB , nothing like that :) It'll even have chance to conduct Blogger Training Academy.

Edited 7 years ago
Reason: Title edit
Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending
The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
7 years ago

It was suggested that IB should create guides for it. They are in a much better position to provide how-to guides since most of the SEO blogs re-spin outdated content. I would really like to learn more, its just that IB needs to invest a good amount of time to have quality and updated advises. 

Sunita Sriram
Sunita Sriram
from Bangalore
7 years ago

I second this idea on tutorials by experts in IB...will do a whale of good for digitally challenged people like myself!!!

Tanishq
Tanishq
from Mumbai
7 years ago

Nice idea, how cool would learn.indiblogger.in sound and look? Indi is hearing ;) 

HR
HR
from Bangalore
7 years ago

Hey Karthik, till IB reply your query, I will try to assist if I can, one by one.

1)Info on How do I convert to a private domain ? How much does it usually cost and viability

You mean, would you like to know 'how to migrate from Blogspot or Wordpress to Custom domain and its guideline'? 'Cost'? Laughing

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

I know.  but the way I learnt it was kinda tough. Didnt know some technical steps in adding DNS , redirecting blog to custom domain etc.

Ppl in Godaddy didnt even know basic steps to migrate. I had to google, wiki and everything to figure this out

HR
from Bangalore
7 years ago

Ok, GoDaddy itself has given simple guideline for associating from Blogspot to Custom Domain, https://in.godaddy.com/help/mapping-your-domain-name-to-work-with-blogger-5112 (check all clickable links for more detail). Yes, very few steps missing that leads to confuse some new guys, for that the guideline is already available online. It is basically pairing between blogspot vs godaddy (custom domain) Laughing.  In blogspot setting, you have to add custom domain, guideline given...blogspot setting and DNS code.

For wordpress, WP itself has given guideline https://en.support.wordpress.com/map-existing-domain/

HR
HR
from Bangalore
7 years ago

Initially, domain cost will be less only (around Rs 200). It is also not a big amount for the bloggers when they are about to renew which might cost around Rs. 500-1000 just, that too once in a year. In fact, custom domain for active writer is far better than free blogs.

You may use free hosting of blogspot or wordpress or sites.google.com etc. depend on your current blog and choice, also if you are posting article with limits. If you are planning to post huge articles daily then you can pay nominal amount for paid hosting too.

2) How does one increase their IB rank, Moz Rank and ensure their blog comes up more prominently in Google search

IB rank is confidential (they have to tell its parameters Tongue out, so wait for IB's reply), don't worry about Moz Rank, Alexa Rank and Page Rank etc. at the moment since PR also not working for a long and most of the reputed sites still shows 0 (zero) rank, those sites were once shown more than page rank 3. So, obviously Moz and Alexa etc. can't be exact at this moment, and, Google doesn't care these ranks at all. Regarding Google search and indexing your blog post on top 10 etc., only very few tips, as below;

You can promote your blog post URL in Google Plus just, give some gap for promoting each link over there, at least 2 hours gap. I personally don't recommend to promote your blog URL anywhere else except rare case.

Promoting URL in IB has no issue since IB is indexing our blog post link with "rel="nofollow" (I had read somewhere) that is a good sign for all the bloggers for organic traffic perspective.

Try to blog about 'upcoming trend' keywords, for example, you may write your interesting topic (e.g. Sports - upcoming matches and its schedule etc.)  few days in advance of trends.  

AdWord helps to research and get the best keywords to use on blog. Other tips generally one can find in various online sites.

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

Guys. guys.. none of u got my point :) I already bought my custom domain. set it up after a small struggle. and its working fine . and i know the process now. This post is not for me in particular

My point : for all new bloggers and amateurs, its good to have a "learning link" like Tanishq mentioned that can have all blogging resources in one shot.

Templates, custom domain infos, improving seos  everything . get it?

HR
from Bangalore
7 years ago

Ok, okey…wait for IB then :P.

Light correction for my earlier response.

• Instead of “blog post link with "rel="nofollow”, kindly read as “blog post link without a rel="nofollow" tag, that adds value to your blog as most of them likes free in-links / traffic generally (including from IB).

Last…

3) Similar to above , how do i increase my domain authority . Many external agencies demand DA to be min 10 for qualification for applying for a paid review/post

Since your blog is new (custom domain), it will show 1 or 2 DA (domain authority) only at present. Try to check / show your old blog (domain) for DA that will be more than 50. It means seniority of authority and domain is also very important for it. It is a fun as well!

That’s it.

I second this idea. There should be a central place containg all such How-Tos guides written by experts.

LockSign in to reply to this thread