Google Indic Translate Event

Mamata Patil
Mamata Patil
from Gurgaon
7 years ago

Participate in first ever Google Online Translatathon event in India, for nine major languages — Hindi, Bengali, Telugu, Marathi, Tamil, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam and Punjabi. It's one week event and top three contributors in every language can WIN certificates! Interested candidates please inbox me your email id’s, with which you would like to translate, I will update you with the event date.

Edited 7 years ago
Reason: People are getting confused, its one week translathon not one month
Replies 1 to 12 of 12 Descending
SUJATA TAWDE
SUJATA TAWDE
from Mumbai
7 years ago

Hi Mamata , Good Morning. My email id is [ sujata.tawde@gmail.com ] Please send me more details. Regards : Sujata Tawde

Mamata Patil
from Gurgaon
7 years ago

Kindly mention your language

SUJATA TAWDE
from Mumbai
7 years ago

Marathi - English - Marathi , sujata.tawde@gmail.com 

HAIMANTI DUTTA RAY
HAIMANTI DUTTA RAY
from KOLKATA
7 years ago

Hi.

I would be interested in Bengali-English translation work, if it is applicable. My mail id is haimantidr400@gmail.com. If you contact me at this id, I can have a look at the details of the Translathon. Highly interested. Thanks.

Stuti Shrimali
Stuti Shrimali
from Mumbai
7 years ago

hi mamta.. kindle lemme know about the details at sweet.smile2501@gmail.com ..thank you.

Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
7 years ago

Hi, Kindly let me know about the details. ingeniousty@gmail.com

Please add me so I can Indimail the details. I'm interested in Telugu-English translation.

Amita
Amita
from New Delhi
7 years ago

Sent you an indimail

I just see it as google's attempt to get free translators.
This isn't first ever : they did last year as well and a mobile was on gift. God knows who got it as it wasn't announced. I see something gadbad.
Mamata Patil
from Gurgaon
7 years ago

Thank you for your concern Rio, I would like to clarify that Google Translate team has conducted two Translatathons till now, and I was the top contributer. In other countries top contributers are taking initiative and conduting offline translate events for their language, there are making a group, sitting together and doing. So, with the help of Google translate team I have decided to conduct an online traslathon for one week for 9 major Indian languages. That is the reason it is called as First ever "ONLINE" translathon. Hope I have cleared all the doubts, if you have any other questions, please do let me know :) 

Congrats Mamta on the feat.
http://www.techknowd.com/2015/12/win-free-android-one-handset-in-india.html?m=1
I see scam
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1hZss0XKTEYVHAyfxWdIYNEVaM2lDHnnKZfcJUljREZ4/viewform I saw this link to register directly to google and of what I gathered 50 android mobiles were given by Google in December 2015.
Mamata Patil
from Gurgaon
7 years ago

True Rio, but this time Google is looking for people who are genuinly interested in improving their language's online presence. As a token of appriciation Google Translate team is providing e Certficates for the top 3 contributers. 

http://services.google.com/fh/files/events/translate_community_event_host_program_3_23.pdf
I too became a top contributor. Now they have offered to create events but these are not Google events. They are personal community events encouraged by Google. That's all.
01 02 03 04 05 The fine print These events are hosted on a volunteer basis. It’s important to keep in mind that you are not hosting a Google event, but rather a language event for your Community. We know that hosting an event isn’t easy. When you host a Community event, Google can help by providing an Event ToolKIT. We can also connect you with other Community members so you can learn from them. GOOGLE TRANSLATE COMMUNITY
I don't know if your event is any different. I too am offered to create a translatathon event but it will be all personal and not a Google event. As per their fine print.
Stuti Shrimali
Stuti Shrimali
from Mumbai
7 years ago

mamata.. it talks about some oprions on google form as 1, 2... but no where it specifies the option. so one shall select?

Mamata Patil
Mamata Patil
from Gurgaon
7 years ago

Event Date- 20th June to 26th June

LockSign in to reply to this thread