Blogspot and WordPress

aativas
aativas
from Delhi
14 years ago

I write two blogs, both in Blogspot. If I want to convert one of those to WordPress, is it possible? What are the advantages and disadvantages of Blogspot and WordPress?

Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending
Venky
Venky
from Chennai
14 years ago

I certainly feel blogger is better than word press, you can improvise a lot in blogger more than in wordpress, adding third part widgets, different templates etc

Carol
from Mumbai
14 years ago

you are right, Blogger is better than wordpress, in blogger several , things, templates are there to use :-)

aativas
from Delhi
14 years ago

Venky, thanks. Yes, templates I keep on changing after few months.. I also wanted to know how to ensure safety of third party widgets.

Lakshmi Rajan
Lakshmi Rajan
from Bangalore
14 years ago

1. As parv mentioned Wordpress scores high in SEO

2. Wordpress brings in good traffic to begin with.

3. Templates : Ofcourse , you don't get much of a choice with theme templates unlike blogger. But the choices you get is quiet good and neat. In blogger , one can edit the templates but you cannot do it in wordpress.

4. I find wordpress gives a sense of better seriousness than a blogger blog. Well , this is my opinion.

5. Ofcourse , if you are looking fot Adsense integration , Wordpress is not your cup of coffee or bytes.

6. If you want many people to contribute with your blog . Blogger allows only administrators and non-administrators where as Wordpress allows Admins , Editors , Authors and contributors with various privilege rights.

7. Comments cannot be edited in Blogger . Either you accept a comment or delete it where as wordpress allows u to selectively edit the comments and delete a portion of unwanted or rude words from it . I am not sure if blogger has updated this feature.

My votes goes to Wordpress. It was a good experience with wordpress blog till i moved out to a self hosted but wordpress powered GingerChai.com

Ashwin Baindur
Ashwin Baindur
from Pune
14 years ago

Two years ago, hassles in image uploading and display forced me to move my blog from blogger to wordpress.com (free hosted service). Never regretted it.

Gingerchai is right. Subjectively speaking, Wordpress gives an impression of more serious blogs while blogger gives an impression of a more casual blog. Blogger themes seem to be richer in colour too.

Scientific serious stuff with greater freedom for tweaks? I recommend 'Wordpress'.

Btw, this indiblogger site appears to be a wordpress.org (free host-it-yourself and tweak it extensively) blog.

thebutterfly diaires

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago
Thats chink in. I m nt sure on that but it generally doesnt appear based on Wordpress. Renie can you please stand up and explain:)
Ashwin Baindur
Ashwin Baindur
from Pune
14 years ago

We can detect this ourselves. Go to the footer. Look at the themes link. Its ..

http://www.indiblogger.in/wptheme_indiblogger.php

The wp stands for wordpress. Since this is hosted its a wordpress.org blog. The reason I recognised it was due to the making a hyperlink dialog box which is very similar to that of wordpress.com.

Ravi can confirm. I could be wrong but I'll be truly amazed if I were so.

thebutterflydiaries

Ashwin Baindur
Ashwin Baindur
from Pune
14 years ago

Shortcodes - great new resource for wordpress.com bloggers. In case you missed it.

(Genuine question) Does blogger have a similar facility in place?

thebutterflydiaries

Ashwin Baindur
Ashwin Baindur
from Pune
14 years ago

okay - stupid question time, what is SEO?

thebutterflydiaries

LockSign in to reply to this thread