Contest: The Story of a suicide

https://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=200

Read The Story of a Suicide. Which parts of the book did you relate to the most? Submit it all with a book review and add in your own tips on dealing with life!

Lots of vouchers to win! Contest closes on Sun 14 Aug, 2016 11:59 pm

Replies 1 to 20 of 82 Descending
 Rajesh D. Hajare
Rajesh D. Hajare
from Amgaon
7 years ago

Will participate in this contest. Do participants need to review the story only? Or whole book?

Sunaina
Sunaina
from Edison
7 years ago

Just checked this thread. The book deals with a very sensitive topic. Will surely read it and try to submit my review. 

Felicia Nazareth
Felicia Nazareth
from Mumbai
7 years ago

How many enteries per blogger?

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

only one

Rajesh D. Hajare
from Amgaon
7 years ago

Multiple entries are allowed, I guess

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

First one to submit yesterday :) 

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

@Renie ; Yesterday the submit your entry button wasn't there. Only "Contribute" button was active

So i submitted my post using the contribute button.. Hope it is fine? Kindly clarify

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

Ignore my above comment. I just checked.. both contribute and submit buttons points to the same link :)

tinku shaji
tinku shaji
from Coimbatore
7 years ago

Why is this contest not showing up on IndiStatus!

How do I confirm my entry?!

Amitesh Gupta
Amitesh Gupta
from Patna
7 years ago

The whole book is on a website! Is it only for us or for the whole world to read??

Rajesh D. Hajare
from Amgaon
7 years ago

Anyone can read the whole book on the website.

Felicia
Felicia
from Delhi
7 years ago

This might sound like a silly question but what does Pattani mean?

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
7 years ago

@Felicia, IndiPattani means the early bird prizes. So the first 20 bloggers who submit their reviews (and those reviews should meet the contest guidelines) before 7th of August, will get a voucher each of Rs 2000 value. 

Jay Neog
from Golaghat
7 years ago

@Amit bhai, The first 20 or the best 20 posts submitted before 7th of August?

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
7 years ago

@Jay, The first 20 posts which fulfill the criteria (and thus the best 20) Laughing submitted before 7th of August will win the voucher

Nandhini Chandrasekaran
from Chennai
7 years ago

Amit, I don't think it is the first 20 posts but the 20 best posts submitted before 7th of August. If it were only early bird prizes, it doesn't require a deadline, right?

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
7 years ago

@Nandhini, I understand what you are trying to say and that does make sense but this same confusion had been there in the past too and in the end, it were the early birds who won the pattani vouchers. Now even I am confused Laughing. Only Renie and co can clear this confusion, one more time Tongue out

Nihal Lazarus
from Bengaluru
7 years ago

The term IndiPattani was derived from the term Enthu Pattani - http://www.samosapedia.com/e/enthu_pattani ... Or so the story goes Wink

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
7 years ago

:))

Rajesh D. Hajare
from Amgaon
7 years ago

I also believe that these are 1st 20 b4 7th. But there is mentioned TOP 20, so it may be best 20 as well.. not sure...

Amitesh Gupta
Amitesh Gupta
from Patna
7 years ago

The question is not what is IndiPattani. The question is why is IndiPattani, IndiPattani, when it could have been anything?

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
7 years ago

why is IndiPattani, IndiPattani, when it could have been anything?

Amitesh, "Pattani" can also be pronounced as "pataa nahin":))

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

@nandhini , it is the first 20 . this was similar to many contests earlier.

They are just saying because there's a different deadline for the main contest, so u can either choose to submit before 7th or take ur time write a far better post before the main deadline

Nihal Lazarus
from Bengaluru
7 years ago

@Karthik , its the best 20 submitted before the deadline (7th in this case)

Felicia
Felicia
from Delhi
7 years ago

I know what it stands for. I did read the contest page. My question, however, is does the word 'Pattani' mean something in any language? Is it even a word?

U K
from Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
7 years ago

I think its to be pronounced in Hindi  "Patni=wife"

Nihal Lazarus
Nihal Lazarus
from Bengaluru
7 years ago

Hey folks, we've made a slight change to the contest rules. Multiple entries are now allowed :) 

Old rule - IndiVine votes do not matter, and multiple entries are not allowed.

New updated rule - IndiVine votes do not matter, and multiple entries are allowed.

U K
7 years ago

Nihal, our entries have vanished? Where are they?

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
7 years ago

But by allowing multiple entries before 7th of August, isn't that a bit too harsh on lazy bums like me? Wink :))Especially those vying for the Indipattani vouchers can now submit x number of entries while "pi-po" lazy fellows like me are still busy doing knuckle-cracking.. sigh. 

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
7 years ago

But if it is the best 20 entries (from all the submissions made before 7th of August) and not the first 20 that would win the pattani vouchers, then this is absolutely okay Laughing

Nihal Lazarus
from Bengaluru
7 years ago

@UK, Your posts havent vanished :) As is custom with all contests at IB, entries will be hidden until the close of said contest. This particular practice was implemented to discourage plagiarism and the drawing of inspiration from existing contest entries. 

TechChumz
from Bangalore
7 years ago

Too late. I have already drawn immense inspiration from UKs story. I didn't even have to read the book. I've already submitted my entry as nothing but UK s entry in disguise. 

U K
7 years ago

This you were honest enough to admit @TechChumz, others wont maybe and I am sure in 36 hours many have. So is it not unfair on me there @Renie?

@Nihal, I understand your point, but again the entries of mine and karthik were hidden after 36+ hours.... Is that fair?

TechChumz
from Bangalore
7 years ago

UK I haven't submitted any entry. Nor have I read yours :P

U K
7 years ago

@Techchumz, with 80 votes and being the TOP POST in 7 hours of its being posted can tell what views it must have got. I trust you when you say you have not read nor submitted, but others have. In fact I saw even Karthik getting 8-9 Votes, so his post too was read.

Do you think it is fair to us? I even raised a Ticket with the query and no one has responded.  :)

Sarthak Brahma
Sarthak Brahma
from Bengaluru
7 years ago

Excuse my dumbness here and someone please tell me if the whole book is online over at the link and how many chapters it has got?

Tangerine
from Assam
7 years ago

The whole book is online here and there are 31 chapters. Either reach the bottom of the chapter and click "Next Chapter" or click on 'THE STORY OF A SUICIDE' link at the left hand top of the page to see the list of chapters.

Amitesh Gupta
Amitesh Gupta
from Patna
7 years ago

I am going to post it after 7th of August. As, I am going to win 20k voucher, I don't need any ‘IndiPattani’ thing. Also, it will be unfair to you guys if I get both! [ No Joking ]

Raviesha Singh
Raviesha Singh
from New Delhi
7 years ago
Top 20 means first 20 entries or best 20 entries before 7th August?
Nihal Lazarus
from Bengaluru
7 years ago

Best 20 entries before the 7th!

U K
7 years ago

@ Nihal Who judges the best? On what parameters? Since Indivine votes dont matter and the posts wont be 'Published' before 15th?

Nihal Lazarus
from Bengaluru
7 years ago

All prizes winner will be chosen by NalandaWay Foundation based on the relevance to the topic and the originality of the submission. 

U K
7 years ago

okay, cool Smile

Amit Pattnaik
Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
7 years ago

@Raviesha, In a few earlier instances that had IndiPattani prizes, it were the early bird submitters who had won the vouchers. So this time too, I guess, it will be the first 20 who will win the "pattaa nahi" vouchers (provided their submitted posts meet the guidelines).

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

@nihal @Renie : IB always used to follow the "first 20" posts when u ran the "top 20" contest many times before

thats the reason why I wrote the post within an hour of the contest being posted.  This is now slightly unfair :(

Radhika Mundra
from Jodhpur
7 years ago
It was clearly mentioned that the best 20 posts submitted before 7th August will win IndiPattani.
Apoorv Shandilya
Apoorv Shandilya
from Bangalore
7 years ago
are we restricted to writing a book review?
Amitesh Gupta
from Patna
7 years ago

what else are you thinking to write?

Apoorv Shandilya
from Bangalore
7 years ago
My post is not restricted to a book reveiew, I have tried and instilled a short story with it. I don't if it'll work but I'm happy with my submission.
Amitesh Gupta
Amitesh Gupta
from Patna
7 years ago

To get the ‘Pattani’, should we write a crappy post?? 

Rajesh D. Hajare
Rajesh D. Hajare
from Amgaon
7 years ago

Are we allowed to mention quotations from the book for reference to few instances in our book review? Any word limit???

LockSign in to reply to this thread