Best Indian Blogger

Himanshu Sharma
Himanshu Sharma
from Gurgaon
7 years ago

I have written an post on best Indian Bloggers and i will be adding more to the list. Can you please add your blog and its alexa rank to the replies so that i can add the ones i forgot or left.

Thank you!

Edited 7 years ago
Reason: Spelling Mistake
Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

No replies allowed with blog links and what you are doing is partial shameless self promotion

Himanshu Sharma
Himanshu Sharma
from Gurgaon
7 years ago

I have not shared any link to any of my posts here so i am not anyhow promoting myself. I just wanted to make sure i have not left anybody in my list. I don't need any self promotion for my blog. And i was not known of the fact that links can not be replied here. Thanks for telling me that and there are lots of other ways to do self promotion So don't just blame anybody without clearing the facts.

Amit Pattnaik
Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
7 years ago

Hi Himanshu,

Please calm down and take some time to acquaint yourself with the community rules, you can start with this thread here.

Like Karthik said, one is not allowed to post his/her blog link anywhere in the forum threads lest he or she might even get banned. Anyone who is aware of the rule would not put himself/herself at risk of getting banned, just to be included in a list. However now that you have taken the initiative of preparing a list of best Indian Bloggers (which you would be posting on YOUR blog), you will have to take the pains and go through each profile, note down his/her blog url, then check its Alexa rank - all by yourself. I am sorry, I am not trying to dissaude you but there is no other way.

By the way, Alexa ranks can easily be played around with and therefore aren't really accurate. 

(P.S. Such labels like "Best", "Top 10", "Top 50" etc and lists need to be prepared based on the quality of one's writing and the ranks do not always necessarily reflect their quality).

Himanshu Sharma
from Gurgaon
7 years ago

Thanks for your valuable feedback sir. If someone is doing any mistake, before blaming we should try to help him/her. And the things you have told me are very helpful and i apperciate your feedback. Smile

Have a nice day ahead !

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
7 years ago

Never mind, Himanshu Smile, sometimes our words get misconstrued, and this happens especially in case of written communication. One would not be intending to mean something in a particular way but the tone of our words would be implying otherwise.  

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
7 years ago

The issue is that these "Best", "Top 10", "Top 50" etc and lists are now discouraged by Facebook and possibly by Google. It doesn't exactly help unless your social networks has a lot of people- and still Facebook doesn't really show your contact to the people who 'liked' your page. Some catchy titles do work. But in truth they don't seem to be related with the content itself. I see this happening a lot in online news websites now, even in TOI. 

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
7 years ago

It's quite disheartening how we forget to blend little courtesy (or sugar, or even sarcasm at least) in our speech! I've been noting it since quite sometime now and this is definitely making the IB-biosphere bit uncomfortable to chitchat. Hope old members reflect on this and behave more considerately. Cheers!

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
7 years ago

https://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=22210

We had this same discussion under replies to Anupriya's query. 

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

I think people should understand basic forum rules.  Its been mentioned countless times . Better than being banned, if someone says it strictly i guess its better . 

Ignorance of a rule can never be an execuse.. One more  thing , you dont get to tell people how to "behave"  nor act as a moral advisor

If you saw my comment all i said was a reiteration of a simple. No replies allowed with blog links, and the act is a partial self promotion asking ppl to pos a link. What's there to sugar coat here?

Himanshu Sharma
from Gurgaon
7 years ago

Okay this was all about it. I am really sorry for all this as i thought that its your words but it was a term actually. I applogise but for a new member its obvious to think this so bringing more clearity to it will help. Sorry Karthik Sir i hope you will understand me Sealed. Sorry to everyone for being so rude and i will take care for this these things in the coming future.

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
7 years ago

The peanut sized "comprehension cum reflection" area of my brain tells me that "what you are doing is partial shameless self promotion" is quite an obnoxious tone to a random fellow forum member, of course unless the the speaker is a moderator who has to talk cop like. So, I'm sorry if you are an IB-police.

Otherwise, you don't get to tell people what to "post" (at least not in that unpleasant way)  nor act as a man in uniform. Being a member, if it's difficult to keep calm, IB has provided an option "Report this Topic".

Amen. 

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
7 years ago

Mod POV: Guys, please chill out. Have there been anytime where the moderators have not done their best to keep things under control? Maybe they took their time on some instances but eventually it gets handled. We're friendlies. We're ALL friendlies. Can't we all just get along? 

Amitesh Gupta
Amitesh Gupta
from Patna
7 years ago

Hello Himanshu, I don't think that just an alexa rank can define a ‘best’ blogger. If you spend a good amount of money on your blog's SEO, its alexa rank can be greatly improved. It may be a part of ranking system but without quality write-ups, you cannot decide who is the best blogger. Hope you understand!

Himanshu Sharma
from Gurgaon
7 years ago

Thanks for writing this up sir i really appreciate your words. But you might have seen a gradual decrease in the Alexa rank of many of the blogs(Including Big ones). This is because Alexa has changed their policies in April this year. According to the new policies now the Alexa rank has become more accurate then before and it looks for more things before choosing a rank for some specific website. 

Content will always be at the top but as you know there are millions of blogs so it would not be easy to rank them myself on the basis of content itself. Thats why i have chosen them according to the Alexa rank. 

It is obvious that these ranks are just an approximate and will never be perfect. By the way thanks for your suggestions sir Smile. Blogging is all about learning so we all will learn new things in this journey.

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
7 years ago

This is because Alexa has changed their policies in April this year. 

@Himanshu, have they? Well, but for me, the alexa bar still works the way it used to Tongue out. I mean, I took this new domain in February and thus I lost all my old ranks. My alexa rank too was in some millions. I installed the Alexa Bar on chrome and gradually with each day as the visitors increased, my Alexa rank too started coming down considerably, the US rank is now at some 3 lakhs and indian rank is at some 35 thousand. I guess, if I remove the Alexa Bar, the figures will shoot up again.  

Himanshu Sharma
from Gurgaon
7 years ago

Yes i have read it on some blog which states that they recently updated their algorithm and now its better than previous one. But still assumptions are assumptions so they do not tell the truth of a website. 

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

@himanshu  its abs fine mate. no offense taken :) and no need to call me "Sir" . haha 

still trying to be a young guy :P

Himanshu Sharma
from Gurgaon
7 years ago

Thanks Karthik Smile 

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
7 years ago

Blogger is a very loose term now. You have to be specific. There are sub-categories in blogging and vlogging to a point where we have people achieved good stuff in their respective genre- poetry, tech, fashion, cooking, citizen journalism, gaming etc. Even Tech has sub-categories. Gaming has become a category in itself thanks to lets play, walkthroughs, live streaming, tournament coverage and game reviews- both in writeup and youtubing. 

Guys, just let the mods take care of moderating. Quick, quiet and efficient.  

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
7 years ago

Guys, just let the mods take care of moderating. Quick, quiet and efficient.  

Laughing Lakh takke ki baat

Shashank
Shashank
from Gurgaon
7 years ago

Getting back to the topic, I think there already is a worthy list of good bloggers, curated by none other than Amit Agarwal of labnol.org. >>> http://indianbloggers.org/

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
7 years ago

The list is very limited. There are a lot more well-known bloggers and YouTubers out there. Technology blogs list is non-existent, I can easily pinpoint at least two shady mobile and gadget YouTubers in that list (one of them is into "monkey mating like humans") and they don't have other main genres. Like vehicles. People like us need to watch power drift and imagine the production cost. These are serious content makers. 

Definition of successful is also loose. To me, its credibility and the site paying for itself and for the stuff I need to review PC hardware. For others its page views. For some it's recognition. For some, it's the website's lifespan. I really don't think one should rely on such lists and 'award-winning' lists as well. 

Shashank
from Gurgaon
7 years ago

I agree. I doubt awards or page views were considered in the compilation of this list. Some are just well-known blogs or people, while others probably got listed becuase of the quality of content. If page views and revenue are considered, I'm sure some pretty pathetic tech blogs with shoddy content would also make the list. 

That said, you're right, no list can ever be exhaustive. But I think you can get a decent bit of information/inspiration from the ones listed on the site.

LockSign in to reply to this thread