IndiBlogger New Design for Voting and Recommendations to Bloggers

I accidentally saw the new design when I clicked on a post to read, and the new look is simply fantastic. Loved it

Replies 1 to 18 of 18 Descending
Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
7 years ago

Why can't I find the changed design.... is there some problem with my browser setting?

Sharma, what did you exactly click...?

Click on any post and you can see that it appears different from what it used to be

Or

Maybe this change was done a lot earlier and I noticed only now

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
7 years ago

You mean Indivine posts?

Yea

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
7 years ago

Still couldn't find any difference... Sigh...

I don't know why you people can't find it. 

Amitesh Gupta
Amitesh Gupta
from Patna
7 years ago

I too noticed that. But, I can't say whether I liked it or not!

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

I love this new design guys

This is nice. I think one cannot see who has voted for our posts. Looks like a good solution for the voting issue. But not sure if email notifications will be sent when someone likes our posts, it might defy the purpose then. The popular posts section is done well. Way down, I guess are Indispire posts, not sure. 

NSV, the change wasn't there until afternoon when I had read a few posts. 

I think we can see who voted for our posts, right next to the heart symbol

Nandhini Chandrasekaran
from Chennai
7 years ago

Oh do you see it? I can only see my name when I vote for another post. I don't see any other blogger's name who has voted for my posts or other posts. 

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
7 years ago

It's slightly different on mobiles, that's probably why you guys are confused {#emotions_dlg.smile}

Nandhini Chandrasekaran
from Chennai
7 years ago

Now I see that, Renie. I've been checking from my tab all along. It's different on the laptop. The last 10 voters are visible. 

Amitesh Gupta
Amitesh Gupta
from Patna
7 years ago

No. I respectfully disagree...!

Love the new look, Renie and Team Smile It looks beautiful... Laughing

Sunita Sriram
Sunita Sriram
from Bangalore
7 years ago

Very attractive, bold and beautiful..was pleasantly surprised when Renie voted for my post, I soon realized it was to attract my attention to the all new look! CheersLaughing

HAIMANTI DUTTA RAY
HAIMANTI DUTTA RAY
from KOLKATA
7 years ago

Just excellent. Please keep up the good and hard work, Renie. We are well aware how hardworking IB team is. Thank you.

Atulpriya Sharma
Atulpriya Sharma
from Hyderabad
7 years ago
Just loved it, nice to see things evolving and that too at a fast pace ! Keep it up guys :)
Mridula
Mridula
from NCR
7 years ago

What a brilliant move, I am sure Facbebook, Instagram and Twitter will follow in your setps! Soon FB will stop showing me who liked my post for the fear that I may reciprocate! Insta will not show me who liked my pictures and heaven forbid twitter will stop showing me interactions or I will go and reply to them! All social media sites are going to make it hard to reciprocate from now on and it will be such a success!

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
7 years ago

Ha ha... took me a few seconds before your sarcasm hit me! Smile

Honestly, we only reduced the number of voters shown because it was taking a toll on the page's loading time, and making it a pain to look at on mobile phones. Let me see, there must be a way around this. I do agree that it's doesn't make sense to hide who voted for your own post.

I see it. You hav to click the "More" button to see it. Why not make that the default view ... it's a good view. A new view. A great view. Make it the default view.

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
7 years ago

That's the plan, we're still working on the main pages of IndiVine! Smile

Renie, finally you have managed to do the impossible, to satisfy Ajesh with at least one feature on IB.....well almost

Good start. Now if you can solve that horrendous promote feature..... 

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

@Renie for most ppl like me, no problem at all.. anyways we never get votes . hahah :)

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
7 years ago

This is one issue with no easy solution... but Renie, if indiblogger decides on "throttling the votes, where we detect an unusually large number of votes coming in within a very short period of time" there may still be a few stray cases where there was no scheming or a deliberate attempt. So if even ONE post suffers because it managed to attract a large number of likes in a short time, it will be sad. But then, I guess, crooked intent does need to be identified, isolated, and asked to improve.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
7 years ago

I think you are getting it wrong, Mr.Passey. I beleive Renie means he will throttle if a person votes for a large number of posts in a short period. Not if a post gets a lot of votes.

Jitaditya Narzary
Jitaditya Narzary
from Delhi
7 years ago

I am not liking it at all. I guess it will decrease traffic to blogs. Now one can vote for people without even opening the actual link? Or am I getting it wrong?While I understand the voting collusion part... Let us face it, referral traffic is a big reason for being here.  It wasn't broken, what are you trying to fix?

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
7 years ago

But Jitaditya, unless the visitor stays long enough on your particular post (i.e. actually reads your article), such referral traffic would be of no use at all. Instead the bounce rate of your site will increase which is not good (which often is the case with backscratching - I upvote your post and you reciprocate). The focus is not that much on getting referral trafficm rather the idea is to promote genuine voting (i.e. to get genuine votes from visitors who actually read your article and liked it) and to kill this false voting thing. 

However I agree with you that right now, one can simply click on the "+" button and upvote a particular post without actually reading it! So somehow that needs to be corrected.  

Jitaditya Narzary
Jitaditya Narzary
from Delhi
7 years ago

@Amit

Yes but then it is beter than people actually voting without even opening the link...

And taffic is traffic. Some will read on, some won't. The average has been fine for me. 

Anupriya Kumari
from Kolkata
7 years ago

I agree with this that one can vote even without reading the post but the person who wants to read will read so dont worry

Saket Kalikar
Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
7 years ago

I see 25 names under the list who liked my post. But the number displayed beside the like symbol is 8. eh?Undecided

Does it mean only 8 actaully read and liked my post and the other 17 just voted?   ...ahem!Foot in mouth

Or does it mean I have scratched back only 8 backs till now, and 17 remains to be scratched yet......a gentle reminder for me? (Yeah, this logic fits, I have actually voted for only 8 )..... Sealed

It is time to call the bugbuster team with their bugbuster spray-cans?Smile

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
7 years ago

Bear with us folks, we're still experimenting!

LockSign in to reply to this thread