Tips for new bloggers

dr sharda singh
dr sharda singh
from jaipur
7 years ago

Request to all my seniors please give your valuable tips for new bloggers.

Replies 1 to 10 of 10 Descending
Amit Pattnaik
Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
7 years ago

Hi Sharda,

To begin with, right now, you shouldn't worry that much about your blog stats and the various ranks. Just focus on writing qualitative articles on original ideas - topics that are unique and not cliche. As I can see, yours is a health related blog, a wonderful genre that has potential for getting visitors in plenty. Only thing you need to do is to make your articles interesting, with bullet points, explaining things in details, with enough pictures. 

But make sure that the blog site and the articles do not look cluttered, people love to visit clean and professional looking websites. You need not buy a paid template as yet, your current template is good enough. But you still have to change a few tabs there. 

And also make sure to submit your blog url to the various search engines - Google, Yahoo, Ask, Yandex. Once your website gets crawled by their robots, your different pages might get indexed on the search engines depending on the popular keywords that your article would have got. That will help you in getting organic traffic.

As time passes on, you should think about getting a custom domain for your blog. That will help you in the long run. Gradually, based on the no. of visitors that you get and the pages of your blog that get indexed on Google and other search engines, your Page authority (PA) and Domain authority (DA) will improve with time. 

Also after publishing your blogpost, do share it on your Google + profile, FB page/profile, twitter and other social media handles that you have. 

Although Alexa has now changed its algorithm but still, you can download and install the "Alexa bar for chrome" or other web browser that you are using. That will help you in improving your alexa rank.

As for improving the MozRank, that depends on the no. of backlinks that your blog gets. People usually try to get a do-follow backlink for their site by commenting on others' blogs. You can do that too.

Keep in mind, however, that unless the backlinks are do-follow and clickable, they would be of no use. And also that a single do-follow backlink from a higher ranked website (that has a higher DA) is much better than having 50 backlinks from comparatively lower ranked websites. 

SUJATA TAWDE
from Mumbai
7 years ago

Hi Amit, Thanks for this elaborate reply. Is Entireweb useful and secure to submit the url of blog for various search engines ? Or is there any other procedure ? Please update.

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
7 years ago

Sorry Sujata, since I have never used their services, so can't really say whether Entireweb is good or not. But I did a Google search on them to ascertain whether they were reliable or not and found these complaints against them - https://www.consumeraffairs.com/internet/entireweb.html

I had submitted my blog's url individually to the various search engines. Submitting a website or blog to the search engines is not that difficult actually. 

1. To submit your blog's url to Google, go to this web page: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/submit-url?continue=/addurlIt will ask you to log into your google account. If yours is a blogger blog, make sure that you are logging in using the same google id as the one you use for blogger. Then type your blog's URL in the text box along with http such as this: http://www.xyz.blogspot.in Type in the captcha code and press enter. It's done.  

2. Similarly to submit to Bing, go to this page - http://www.bing.com/toolbox/submit-site-url

3. For Yandex (the russian search engine), go to this page - https://webmaster.yandex.com/site/tools/add-url/

But you will have to create an account on yandex first, it's free and will hardly take a minute or so. This link will take you to the page. 

Similarly, if you have taken a custom domain and have mapped your blogger/wordpress blog to the domain, then do create a sitemap page and submit it to the above search engines. Even submitting the rss feed to these search engines will do. Once their crawlers crawl your blog and the various pages, you blog will get indexed and that will not only boost your blog's traffic flow but will also improve its ranking. 

SUJATA TAWDE
from Mumbai
7 years ago

Thank you very much Amit. As expected , true to your reputation, you have  given a well-researched reply. 

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
7 years ago

Anytime Sujata Laughing If I know about a thing and see people asking questions related to it, I will be really happy to help in whatever way I can, not a big deal actually Laughing. In fact, until a few months back, I too was completely ignorant about the various tricks and steps for improving SEO. It was right here, from Srikanth Ramakrishnan's replies to people's queries and a few other articles that I stumbled upon after Google search that I have now gained a little bit of knowledge, I am only passing that on Laughing

Niyati S
from Mumbai
7 years ago

Thank you for such an amazing reply! Will be really helpful :)

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
7 years ago

Depends a lot. If you're doing it as a hobby or make it into a career. Career takes a long time, and usually it starts as a hobby and only when one grows in it- it becomes a part time thing. But I would suggest pick a niche and stick with it. Make good content and use your own photos, even if the photos aren't good. 

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
7 years ago

Depends on where you want to go.

dr sharda singh
dr sharda singh
from jaipur
7 years ago

Thanks to all of you for valuable suggestions. Your tips are helpful to new bloggers like me.

Amit Pattnaik
Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
7 years ago

But I am saddened, Sharda, a lot actually Cry that you are lifting content from other websites and reusing them with minor changes on your posts! This completely defeats the purpose of blogging.

For instance, 5 BEST YOGA POSES TO BURN THE BELLY FAT post on your blog. I took the first paragraph and pasted it on Google, and the original sites showed up. 

I hope that you are aware of the fact that such copy-pasting content taken from other websites is unethical and illegal and will only get your blog blacklisted by Google and other search engines. Your ranks will only plummet further. 

Please understand that blogging is like any other art-form and needs to be taken seriously. There are no short-cuts to success, you won't and can't have it overnight, it often takes people a lot of time and genuine efforts to have a successfully running website/blog. I will therefore suggest you to remove those copied articles from your blog and re-write them in your own words and republish them. Mind you, no matter what advices we fellow bloggers give you, unless you are being honest with your efforts, your blog won't be able to achieve the figures that you are aiming for. 

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

Good stuff mate

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

Sharda, if there's one thing IB takes it quite seriously is plagiarism. In contests, if they find you lifting paras from google, they can ban you almost instantly

We spend hours to write a 500 word post. I take another hour just to correct the grammar

There's no equivalent to original content.  If you feel the need to tell something, do post it honestly.. There's no point in posting content in blog, copying from google just for improving your traffic rankings.  Never look at a shorter goal when it comes to blogging. You'll get due credit and recognition if your content is really exciting and makes the readers come again

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

I checked the same what Amit pointed out.. THis time I took a post on Blood pressure in your blog

You have copied the entire content in Page 1, 2 and 3 http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/150109.php?page=2

The same applies to almost all of the posts in your blog.. I wonder how even IB approved your blog Embarassed No offense to you nor did i mean any disrespect , but I just wanted to point out the seriousness of copying content from other sites

HR
HR
from Bangalore
7 years ago

New bloggers need to learn millions of things online or IoT, learning from Keyboards (Smartphone touch keyboard, Qwerty keyboard, system keyboard etc.) to creating a blog, publishing, designing and maintaining them….and…

How to write and post niche article or share your expertise?

How to get the required info from online / offline sources and draft it in your own avoiding copyright issues?

How to receive and review the product or write about some source, originally?

How to create many new IDs and tricking around?

What is actual Plagiarism? What is copycat?

What is a PR post and publish them as it is if demanded by the manufacturer or company?

What is a DMCA? How to file it and on…?

Also, learning in advance and be prepared for hacking the hackers without their knowledge through apps and tools (reverse attack instantly, which legally and officially guideline available online for smartphone and system users)…how to give hacker a chance to share wrong or irrelevant info and at the same time get their detail and enjoy...confuse them till they become fuming or run away from this practice… technical glitch too…and on. Laughing

List goes many as such…

Good luck! Laughing

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
7 years ago

Write.

Write more.

Write every day.

Write on every topic.

Write to develop your own style.

Write on what's right and on all that is wrong.

Write about what you think is worth writing about.

Write without being unduly bothered about who will read.

Write well because only then your writing shall attract readers.

Write about even what is mundane but give it a fresh twist and make it interesting.

Write and go on writing because your hunger to write more is really unquenchable and increases when you write more.

:)

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

dont spam the threads with ur website !!

Admins.. pls be noted of the above person.. Thanks

LockSign in to reply to this thread