A BIT OF HELP NEEDED.

HAIMANTI DUTTA RAY
HAIMANTI DUTTA RAY
from KOLKATA
6 years ago

I had purchased my domain name under GoDaddy a year ago. I had to link my blogspot site with the domain name. Now that it is time to renew it, I think/considered it better to stick to my earlier blogspot id. I ask those at the forum - If I donot renew my membership with GoDaddy, then would my blogspot blog id be null and void? Which means would it disappear altogether? Thanks a lot.

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
6 years ago

Why give up on a domain name for a blog spot ID?Technically the ID is still there, it's just that it is redirected. Most likely you'll just to have to revert the changes you made via Blogspot's domain URL settings. Obviously, you'll lose the traffic you get via that domain which you purchased earlier. If you're talking about the blog in your profile, then you don't need to do anything as the redirection from your BlogSpot URL to your paid URL wasn't done. 

HAIMANTI DUTTA RAY
HAIMANTI DUTTA RAY
from KOLKATA
6 years ago

Thank you very much. You've been of immense help. 

What you mean to say and from what I understood is that nothing needs to be done from my side if I want to give up my domain name. Frankly, I consider that my blogspot ID is much better and reads well. Again, thank you.

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
6 years ago

Redirection ideally happens like this! From https://xyz.blogspot.com to xyz.com. If you're talking about your website that's in your indiblogger profile, when I click on that blogspot URL it does not redirect to whatever domain name you've kept. Since proper setting isn't done, you wouldn't need to do anything. Just let the paid domain name expire. 

HAIMANTI DUTTA RAY
HAIMANTI DUTTA RAY
from KOLKATA
6 years ago

Thank you for your timely guidance and advice.

LockSign in to reply to this thread