what does it mean?

what is moz rank & alexa Rank?

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
HR
HR
from Bangalore
6 years ago

Moz rank is Moz rank...and alexa rank is alexa rank...based on their own set of algorithm, please find their detail as below;

Moz Rank: https://moz.com/learn/seo/mozrank

Alexa Rank: https://support.alexa.com/hc/en-us/articles/200449744-How-are-Alexa-s-traffic-rankings-determined-

Laughing

Thank you so much. when ever Indi rank stats is checked, it shows no Alexa Rank & moz Rank, that's why i wanted to know what is is actuallly?

There is a thing called Google.com ... please do your research and ask specific questions.

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
6 years ago

moz dot com writes: "MozRank quantifies link popularity and is Moz's version of Google's classic PageRank algorithm. Pages earn MozRank based on the other pages on the web that link to them and the MozRank of those linking pages. The higher the MozRank of the linking pages, the higher the MozRank of the page receiving those links." Something tells me that someone writing crap but knowing how to get links from other pages will end up with a higher moz score... can some expert please tell me if this is true?

HR
from Bangalore
6 years ago

Haa haaa haaa....very good question. I think 'no answer' for it even from metrics provider.

If that is the case or metrics then many techies and SEO experts' would have done it and their blogs would have been around or more than 70 or 80 DA, whereas it is different in realty or hardly few well known tech blogs (of more than 7-10 years old) at around 50 DA just - you may check the top techies or SEO experts' blog and DA. It also let us feel that Moz won't follow their own metrics' rank and it provides low level rank whereas their ranks range is from 0-100.

Using too much external link might rare help to increase little bit DA (possibly it could be for different a reason/parameter) than supposed to be but it is a different story that 'if Google find it' then it might penalize the same blog status specially 'when get caught' for such excessive links usage.

Anyhow, you have to change your thought in case if you think that because of the various metrics only your blog or particular blog page / URL might get top 10 in search result - sometime the metric might works opposite. And even scrap blog also results in top 10 sometime either temporarily or a permanent.

Google's classic pagerank algo's vs others and its update most of the time is "unconfirmed" one. You can check its relevant link.

In general, Google is clever and don't reveal their updates to anyone these days (for the recent past few years).Laughing

Indrani Sen
Indrani Sen
from Mumbai
6 years ago

My moz rank doesnt seem to increase though my alexa ranking fluctuates.I think moz rank is also dependant on the age of the domain

LockSign in to reply to this thread