more awarenes in hearing impairment or deafness

Ruchi Goyal
Ruchi Goyal
from Germany
15 years ago

I blog on this topic to raise awareness in this field which is lacking in India.I am open to exchange of ideas, suggestions and all issues related to this topic.

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Karthik DR
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
15 years ago

I really appreciate your effort. You are at the right place. You can actually gain more attention to your posts here. I just have a suggestion - If you know try and give some informaiton about these instituions and practises in other cities as well. That might help more people Laughing.

Adarsh Rao
Adarsh Rao
from Minnesota
15 years ago

@Ruchi! Highly commend your effort in raising awareness about hearing impairment issue. I went through your blog. You have a lot to offer to people who encounter this in their family or friends.

As Zeon pointed out, this is the right place.  Reading through your experiences is very helpful. I would suggest listing the organizations you have worked with, and possibly a link to them on your blog.

Would like to keep in touch with you. 

Again, great effort, and wish you the very best.

Ruchi Goyal
Ruchi Goyal
from Germany
15 years ago

Thanks so much for the good words.Problem is not too may are dedicated and commited to this cause.If it wasn't for Mrs.Hudlikar our life was doomed.Most institutes and people are money minded and do not follow this method.i have seen so many kids who have gone through cochlear impplants and most expensive hearing aids coming to ma'am with no speech as they were being taken for a ride for personal gains or lack of knowledge.Thank you for the wishes and hope to really show that deaf need not lead a mute life.

Ruchi Goyal
Ruchi Goyal
from Germany
15 years ago

Thanks so much Sriharsha.I am glad that this little drop in the ocean is being appreciated.It is every child's birth right to lead a normal life when it is possible to do so.it just needs to be selflessly looked into.

rouchi

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

@Ruchi - all I have for you is applause. IndiBlogger is going to do it's part - I'm looking into making this site accessible for people with disabilities.

LockSign in to reply to this thread