Help/Tips - Photography Bloggers

Srinivasan
Srinivasan
from Chennai
5 years ago

Free blogs have limited storage capacity to upload media. For photography bloggers who upload their images into their blog, this will cost a huge space. 

As a photo blogger, what tips or techniques you use to post your images in your blog without losing much quality?

One way which I could think of is to upload it in some photo sharing website (say like 500px, Instagram, etc) and embedded your image links in your blog post. I liked 500px but I couldnt find a method to embed my own images from there. And I don't want to flood my Instagram account with all my photographs.

Help!

Edited 5 years ago
Reason: Typo error
Replies 1 to 1 of 1 Ascending
Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
5 years ago

Even if u have a high quality image, it'll ruin the "loading time" experience for a user.. so use websites like Optimizilla.com to reduce image size by 70% and then upload

Second why still using a free blog. ur missing out on so many important opportunities because of it.. why not buy a domain for urself?

Srinivasan
from Chennai
5 years ago

Optimizilla seems to be really good for image compression. But for photographers, quality of the image is important as well. 

About domain - I started it this as a hobby and I'm still continuing. I never really gave a thought of buying a domain so far. Maybe I should now.

LockSign in to reply to this thread