Content or Advertising, Which is more important?

Navneet Kumar
Navneet Kumar
from Visakhapatnam
14 years ago

Hi Friends,

I am quite new on blogger and though I have been struggling quite hard with my blog, I have learnt that two things are most important for the proper development of a blog, Content and marketing.

But, Of late I have been very much confused as what I have seen around, on the blogs of my friends, of their friends, that content doesn't matter much if you do have a network of say 200-500 bloggers. What  I want to ask is, how can a newbie blogger like me who has the ability to write content rich posts, but has a very pathetic or non-existent networking, promote his blog?

Please help me out friends, it is not a plight only of one person, but of many others who are struggling hard to get a few hits on their blogs.

Regards,

Navneet

http://myexperimentswithliesandsins.blogspot.com/

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
Navneet Kumar
Navneet Kumar
from Visakhapatnam
14 years ago

No one to help ?? very disapointing to see that... I expected some response here

Archana
Archana
from Bangalore
14 years ago

you can submit your site to various website directories and search engines. 

Give a link to your website in all your email signatures, orkut, facebook or any online profiles you have.

if not comfortable with social networking, you can atleast try commenting on other blogs.

Try to make website visible to others, if not yourself, though the latter does good too ;)

There are lots of topics on how to sustain your readers while they have reached your website. Top commentators, popular posts, email newsletter option etc.

These are simple advertising methods. Rest your content will take care..

All the best :)

Neeraj Shinde
Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

Although you are not very frequent, try to be consistent in your blog posting. Be sure of the things you want from your blog! Try to network specifically with fellow-bloggers who share common interests! Keep it precise, keep it concise!

Happy Blogging!

:)

http://shindeneeraj.blogspot.com

LockSign in to reply to this thread