What does Indian Independance mean to you!!!

Viv
Viv
from Sydney
14 years ago

As indiblogger we have developed a community in India and oversees.Through this forum I would like to know what does Indian Independance mean to you all.Its a time to site back and reflect..feel privledged@62 years of Indian Independance.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU

Replies 1 to 13 of 13 Descending
Parth J Dave
Parth J Dave
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Hi Vivek,

The Independence Day of India matters a lot to me!

I want to say many things about this theme...

You can just have a look at my Independence special post for that: http://bit.ly/j2uL7

Regards,

http://parth-dave.blogspot.com

Viv
Viv
from Sydney
14 years ago

Nice post Parth our generation is privledged to be born in Independant India and so the more we appreciate the better.

Its our generation which can help India over come challenges which it faces like

1)lack of respect of Human Being,

2)Diginity of Labour,

3)A big gap between rich poor....etc

What are be doing???

Parth J Dave
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Hi Vivek,

You are true to the last word.! I think we are all capable of wiping out all the challenges that India currently faces...

Pardeep
Pardeep
from Panchkula
14 years ago

Indian Independance Means to me in helping Indians in whatever I can..especially the needy ones..good intiative for asking this question Vivek..you should try to help see http://indiahelps.org/index.html

Parth J Dave
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Hey Pardeep,

The India Helps initiative is really wonderful! Thanks for suggesting this link... Smile

Richa Singh
Richa Singh
from Pune
14 years ago

i feel indian independence has given soul to our lives.. the freedom we so want in our life to survive as individuals.... in fact i feel freedom is the most expensive commodity we have.... to read my views on this please check my article on freedom on my blog

http://subzeroricha.blogspot.com/

Ajit
Ajit
from Ahmedabad
14 years ago

If we were so free why are we still bound by babuism, red tape, license raj and communalism. I feel instead of unfurling flags at different places its better to get up and do something about our country.

Richa Singh
Richa Singh
from Pune
14 years ago

@ajit i totally respect ur emotions but i feel that we must not look at our country with so much of comtempt when we think abt it... red tape, communalism,etc etc... every country has its flaws and we as citizens should not look down at our country feel the unfurling flags with happiness and joy and in our own small ways contribute to its growth and success. we must remind ourselves time and again we are much better off than more than 80%  of the world's nations

Viv
Viv
from Sydney
14 years ago

Thanks Parth,Richa and Pardeep for your positive comments ..we all are right in our point of views because of the current situation we are in..but we still need to think about two third of Indians who are still living below poverty line...as a human being those people have a right to the basic necessities of life.....Think over it..How can w make a difference...

Found some nice link for Blood donors http://www.indianblooddonors.com/

leon
leon
from kolkata
14 years ago

just another red digits in the calender ....

or a reminder to us as to what we are doing for the country ?

Siddartha
Siddartha
from Vijayawada
14 years ago

Independence Day is the festival of whole country regarless to religion, caste,creed gender.

But we are just simply celebrating it without having any Aim or Knowledge about how we achieved freedom and in what way we should utilize it. Till now we have misused this opportunity.

First of all Just answer these questions to know what do you know about our country!!!

This question is meant for all indians who celebrate Independence day....

• Nation Flag 
  • Emblem : 
  • Motto : 
  • National Anthem : 
  • National Song : 
  • Capital :
  • Largest City : 
  • National Language : 
  • Currency : 
  • National Animal : 
  • National Bird : 
  • National Flower :
  • National Tree : 
  • National Fruit : 
  • National Sport : 
  • Calling Code : 
  • First Person : 
  • Other names : 
  • Army : 

If you know this info you are a true Indian.

Just joking.  We actually dont need any qualification to become Indian. if we love our country and people then it is sure that we are Indians.

I love India. Mera Bharat Mahan.

Siddartha
Siddartha
from Vijayawada
14 years ago

Independence Day is the festival of whole country regarless to religion, caste,creed gender.

But we are just simply celebrating it without having any Aim or Knowledge about how we achieved freedom and in what way we should utilize it. Till now we have misused this opportunity.

First of all Just answer these questions to know what do you know about our country!!!

This question is meant for all indians who celebrate Independence day....

• Nation Flag 
  • Emblem : 
  • Motto : 
  • National Anthem : 
  • National Song : 
  • Capital :
  • Largest City : 
  • National Language : 
  • Currency : 
  • National Animal : 
  • National Bird : 
  • National Flower :
  • National Tree : 
  • National Fruit : 
  • National Sport : 
  • Calling Code : 
  • First Person : 
  • Other names : 
  • Army : 

If you know this info you are a true Indian. For more info about the above asked info and also to know the greatness of India visit Gadgetcage

Just joking.  We actually dont need any qualification to become Indian. if we love our country and people then it is sure that we are Indians.

I love India. Mera Bharat Mahan.

Regards Siddartha@ http://www.gadgetcage.com

Shankar
Shankar
from Chennai
14 years ago

Freedom....

Viv
Viv
from Sydney
14 years ago

Respect

Micky Fernandez
Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Independence from what? Unproductive and counter-productive behaviours and activities from government agents? Indians had that with the British, and they still have that.

Government agents willing to kill and torture civilians? Indians had that with the British, and they still have that.

Confiscatory taxation? Indians had that with the British, and they still have that.

Poverty and illiteracy? Indians had that with the British, and they still have that.

Superstitious social beliefs impelling them to murder baby girls and brides? Indians had that with the British, and they still have that.

If you think like a slave, then you will always be a slave, you will never have true independence.

LockSign in to reply to this thread