Monetization of personal blogs

Archana
Archana
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Whether they should be monetized or not depends on their personal choice I suppose. But do you think personal blogs can earn money? The traffic would be very less, unless the posts are too funny or informative. So any tips on monetization of such blogs?

Replies 1 to 14 of 14 Descending
Neeraj Shinde
Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

I recently had a futile attempt to get the membership of the Google Adsense program. My request was rejected with the below message:

Hello Neeraj, Thank you for your interest in Google AdSense. Unfortunately, after reviewing your application, we're unable to accept you into Google AdSense at this time. We did not approve your application for the reasons listed below. Issues: - Unacceptable site content

Since then, I have made up my mind to write not for money! Moreover, I believe that such programmes are not meant for personal blogs. You need to be having some real innovative content that could be looked upon by masses as a sole source of information!

Archana
Archana
from Bangalore
14 years ago

I agree with Anwin.. Seems good money comes only if topics are catchy... The rate in which the google adsense amount increases, I wonder whether it would ever pay me a check even after I become a grandma! :P

Saurabh
Saurabh
from Delhi
14 years ago

Well..

It's quite difficult to earn money from personal blogs, but it'sn not impossible. I know of many a people earning money from personal blogs.

My blog, jammyspeaks.com was specifically personal blog when it started and I did make some money. 

Though now I also write about blogging so it's a mixed blog and yes earning has improved.

And as per adsense, well they did rejected me once, twice, but finally I was able to get my way through it. There are many other ways..!!

For any blog related problems you can contact me..!!

saurabhgolu91 [at] gmail [dot] com

http://www.jammyspeaks.com

leon
leon
from kolkata
14 years ago

my rules of thumb

if you don't have atleast 100 UV/day don't try monetizing your site

sm
from india
14 years ago

leon

what is  uv/day

Archana
from Bangalore
14 years ago

uv = user visits

Abhilash SR
Abhilash SR
from Trivandrum
14 years ago

Monetizing the blog is good. It wont adverse affect your post and you have the option to customize it.Probably it will take time to earn .

pundit
pundit
from Oslo
14 years ago

Yes, it is possible to make money from a personal site. I have a long-standing personal journal with a couple thousand entries and thousands of comments.

While the content overall is quite varied and mostly interesting only to me, over time, I've unintentionally happened to write things that target specific audiences. What I do is to sell some (16–20) links on these popular pages (high traffic, good page-rank etc.) over two years old. Since these few links are distributed over so many pages, the chances a regular reader will run into them are about 0, annoying nobody. I'm sure you couldn't find one if you tried. Even so, because these pages are popular with search engines for specific keywords, they bring in enough targeted traffic to please the advertisers.

Such advertising leaves me with approximately $100/month after you take away my hosting and other web experimentation charges. But my point here is that with enough personal content, you'll hit upon something useful to somebody (else but you). And that can be eventually monetised if you so desire.

Prerna
Prerna
from Gurgaon
14 years ago

I've not been able to get Adsense for my blog and while I'm happy writing for the sake of it on my blog since I make money from other writing sites, I will be happy to see my blog get monetized. The reason I think my Adsense appl was rejected bcos of Google' s 6 month ownership policy for Indian and Chinese sites. So, am just waiting for it to complete 6 montsh before I apply again :-)

In the meanwhile, I'll be happy to learn how to use Amazon to make some money! Any advice???

Roy Daniel DSilva
Roy Daniel DSilva
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Prerna,

If you have a blog on blogspot, they now have a Amazon thingy within the CMS, you can then add ads on your blog, and even individual posts.

Other than that, you can sign up as a Amazon Affiliate and have a eshopee for yourself, which you can promote on your sites.

Prerna
Prerna
from Gurgaon
14 years ago

Hi Roy,

Latest update is I now have Adsense and can see a few pennies rolling in. Amazon I've had for my other sites and I haven't been terribly sccessful with it. But that is probably because I haven't pushed it right or learnt the art of affiliate marketing. I know people make a lot of money with affiliates.

Kevin
Kevin
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Looking at the sites that earn good money from blogging, if you want to earn a decent sum from your blog:

1) It should have really valuable content for readers. It means that the number of user visits that you get everyday should be more than 100.

2) It should be updated regularly for at least 1 or 2 years.

Like any other job, it definitely requires hard work and patience :)

There are personal blogs that do earn good money but only because they follow the above mentioned points.

Jay...
from Delhi, Guwahati, Lucknow
13 years ago

I cannot agree more with you. Yes, the content and the frequency to deliver quality content matters. That can only drive good traffic and a great traffic is needed to count returns.

Amit Purohit
Amit Purohit
from Ahmedabad
13 years ago

hey

google adsense is not allowing my blog to push in..

i had  been blogging since 3 years..

dont knw the technicalities much

please guide

www.shayar4u4ever.blogspot.com

regards.

amit

Kevin
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Against it!

Mag[m]
Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

I dont think so.....

Pankaj Batra
Pankaj Batra
from Gurgaon
13 years ago

Yes, blogs can earn good money. Its all about what content you write and how many people need that. If you optimize well and you come up good on Google searches, money will come automatically.Just track through google webmaster tool and do some basic SEO, and you will get good results.

I started to share information (financial and technical) on my personal blog, but soon saw lots of traffic coming. Now my blog has become a mix of all sort of such information and giving me around 70-80K page views with 150-160$ per month.

http://www.pankajbatra.com

LockSign in to reply to this thread